• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This certainly doesn't look like the '12 Thunder. We'll see if they can keep it going.

That's what's so scary. That '12 team played like they were just happy to be there and tried to be a finesse team.

This team is playing with a hard edge. In the 2 games that they won vs. GSW and winning the series vs. the Spurs, they have been the better team athletically. But they also have, within the rules, beaten up them up physically as well.

Never thought we'd see that from OKC.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Thunder make it to the Finals there will probably be a perception of the Cavs (if they make it) getting lucky avoiding the Warriors.
I don't think so. I think the Warriors, Spurs and Thunder were the 3 premiere matchups for the Cavs. If the Thunder actually get by the Warriors, it will be the Westbrook and Durant hypewagon and I think most people should see the Thunder/Cavs as an elite matchup. The Thunder have been a wild card marquee team in the West for awhile but they've had health issues, some roster issues and some coaching issues. I think Thunder/Cavs would get serious ratings.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news for the Warriors is, they've been here before. They were down 2-1 in two series last year, against the Grizzlies and against the Cavs. Kerr made a huge adjustment in each of the game 4's that helps swing the series for the Dubs. Against the Grizzlies, they switched Bogut on Tony Allen. Against the Cavs they went small. I'm really wondering what the Warriors could possibly do against the Thunder.

Game 4 will be the telling story. If the Thunder take game 4, with the way they're playing it would be hard to see the Warriors being able to win the next 3 games.
I think having a bigger stronger guard on RW is the key- looks like my original thought on this might have been correct after all. Time will tell though.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means that like Thabeets entire career, last night Green was a complete BUST.

It happens.
It does and I'm sure if he's asked how he would rate his performance it won't be in the top of anything. He is pretty good about self awareness in terms of rating his performances and what he gives to his team.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does anyone think OKC can beat the Cavs. I dont know how they match up with them. I always felt Spurs and GS would beat the Cavs and that the Cavs best chance would be against Clippers and OKC if they made it.

Now that we are seeing a different OKC team I still like Cavs chances against them. OKC is peaking right now.
This Thunder team is pretty unstoppable imo.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does and I'm sure if he's asked how he would rate his performance it won't be in the top of anything. He is pretty good about self awareness in terms of rating his performances and what he gives to his team.

Westbrook presents crazy matchup problems. Most guys who are big enough to stop him aren't quick or fast enough to stay in front of him. Guys who are quick or fast enough to stay in front of him, aren't big enough to stop him.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can maintain this that is.
I think the problem for them is they pretty much embarrassed GS badly and will have to deal with their reaction to that. Having said that, maybe that lit the fire for them to remain focused and get this series wrapped up as quickly as possible.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook presents crazy matchup problems. Most guys who are big enough to stop him aren't quick or fast enough to stay in front of him. Guys who are quick or fast enough to stay in front of him, aren't big enough to stop him.
Not a match up problem for Klay. He's already proven that in previous games. I'm not sure why Kerr went away from that in last night's game. Klay or Livingston are the two that give him problems. Maybe he could try Iggy on him from time to time as well.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This,Westbrook is licking his chops facing IRving.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This,Westbrook is licking his chops facing IRving.

Considering the level that Westbrook is playing at, if he keeps it up, the only player the Cavs have that could defend him would be Lebron. But if you put Lebron on Westbrook...what do you do with Durant?

The thing that's so scary about Westbrook right now is that, not only is he scoring, he's "dropping dimes, dropping dimes" and rebounding too. So, even if they can slow his scoring, they still have to deal with his assists, rebounds and defense.

In short...Westbrook is a baaad, baaad man.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out for a Green I suspended notification someone just said it very well may happen.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a match up problem for Klay. He's already proven that in previous games. I'm not sure why Kerr went away from that in last night's game. Klay or Livingston are the two that give him problems. Maybe he could try Iggy on him from time to time as well.

True. I wonder if he did it because the energy required to defend him takes too much away from Klay's offense? I agree that they should give Iggy a shot at him. He was able to slow Lebron last year. Maybe he can do the same with Westbrook.

Livingston gives him problems, but I wouldn't want to bet the series on Livingston defending Westbrook.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking a flagrant 2 could happen which means 1 more T would get draymond automatically suspended.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the level that Westbrook is playing at, if he keeps it up, the only player the Cavs have that could defend him would be Lebron. But if you put Lebron on Westbrook...what do you do with Durant?

The thing that's so scary about Westbrook right now is that, not only is he scoring, he's "dropping dimes, dropping dimes" and rebounding too. So, even if they can slow his scoring, they still have to deal with his assists, rebounds and defense.

In short...Westbrook is a baaad, baaad man.

Yup. The Thunder's success hinges on Westbrook staying at this level and being this consistent. He's always been a great talent. Problem is, he's not controlled on a consistent basis. Lebron's the only player from Cleveland that can guard Durant, as you mentioned if he's too busy with Westbrook, then who guards Durant?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. The Thunder's success hinges on Westbrook staying at this level and being this consistent. He's always been a great talent. Problem is, he's not controlled on a consistent basis. Lebron's the only player from Cleveland that can guard Durant, as you mentioned if he's too busy with Westbrook, then who guards Durant?

Yeah, I think the Cavs best chance to do anything with Westbrook might be to see if Lebron can frustrate him into playing that hero ball that he let's himself get caught up in at times.

But if they put Lebron on him and Westbrook keeps his cool...the Cavs will be in real trouble because Durant has to be defended from the 3 point line to the rim. The Cavs don't have anyone besides Lebron who can do that.