• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green's a punk. The NBA should just let them fight so Adams can put green in his place.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should've been fun watching the Warriors getting destroyed but I couldn't enjoy it too much seeing how scary this Thunder team can be.

If the Thunder make it to the Finals there will probably be a perception of the Cavs (if they make it) getting lucky avoiding the Warriors.

After watching the Thunder these last 2 series... there will be nothing lucky about playing whoever it is that comes out of the West

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot believe people are even trying to make the case that it wasnt intentional....OBVIOUSLY it was, lol....cmon now.

This is when stuff like this happens- when you are in the playoffs and getting blown out- certain guys start to lose their minds.

I think he deserves a suspension, and if he was not an important part of the series- i think he would get suspended- but i d oubt the league suspends one of the most important players on their little darling franchise while that franchise has their backs up against the wall. Especially with how interst in the East is practically zero with Toronto having zero shot....they will want to keep this series competitive as long as they can. At least thats what i predict...i guess we shall see if Silver is really like Stern or if he has a little more integrity.

I would LOVE to hear someone tell me that same play happens if the Warriors are up 30 looking at a 2-1 lead.. simply would NEVER have happened. He was pissed they were getting smoked. its obvious.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League is probably kicking themselves for suspending Jones right now (even though it was the right call).

There's just no way they can suspend Jones one day and not suspend Green the next.

Watching the Jones and Green play back to back... might be mypersonal bias against Draymond... the Green play looks 10x worse. Both seem to be intentional, but at least Jones' play came during a box out fighting for a rebound. Green's kick was after the whistle.

Edit: Also... didn't Wade have an nearly identical play and get suspended for 1 game a few years ago? If I remember correctly, Wade was actually off-balance and falling sideways a little so he would've had a much better argument than Green who just went straight up for no reason.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should've been fun watching the Warriors getting destroyed but I couldn't enjoy it too much seeing how scary this Thunder team can be.

If the Thunder make it to the Finals there will probably be a perception of the Cavs (if they make it) getting luck avoiding the Warriors.

After watching the Thunder these last 2 series... there will be nothing lucky about playing whoever it is that comes out of the West
if someone tries to say the Cavs "got lucky" for playing the Thuunder IF IT HAPPENS- then they should never be allowed to watch a basketball game again --- going through the Spurs and Warriors should be enough to legitimize them one would think.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Steve Kerr really say he expects Draymond's technical to be rescinded???

giphy.gif

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
credit to OKC head coach. looks like they made the right call. win or lose impressive run for this team.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be very surprised if Green isn't suspended...

CjHx5DmWgAAR_zu.jpg

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things that's not in Green's favor.

1) Dahntay Jones just got suspended for a similar play.

2) I'm sorry but you don't unintentionally kick someone in the nuts in consecutive games. That just doesn't happen

I can understand if a player is in a jumpshot and accidently kicks his leg, but you could tell Green kicked his leg up hard intentionally doing it. There is no doubt in my mind he SHOULD be suspended, but it's the Warriors so they probably will let it slide.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rolleyes2:

yeah okay...go to sleep, kid..you're obviously getting tired and delirious...

BTW..all "homerism" aside...I am being totally objective on this one.

Delirious about what? That Green meant to kick Adam right in the balls? Or that the Dubs got their collective asses handed to them last night. Because when you're almost down 50 at one point, you're essentially getting your ass kicked.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Thunder make it to the Finals there will probably be a perception of the Cavs (if they make it) getting lucky avoiding the Warriors.

I'm starting to think the same thing. I've been rooting for the Warriors because I felt that they had a better chance against the Cavs in the Finals. If OKC keeps playing like this...they just may have a shot against Cleveland.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot believe people are even trying to make the case that it wasnt intentional....OBVIOUSLY it was, lol....cmon now.

This is when stuff like this happens- when you are in the playoffs and getting blown out- certain guys start to lose their minds.

I think he deserves a suspension, and if he was not an important part of the series- i think he would get suspended- but i d oubt the league suspends one of the most important players on their little darling franchise while that franchise has their backs up against the wall. Especially with how interst in the East is practically zero with Toronto having zero shot....they will want to keep this series competitive as long as they can. At least thats what i predict...i guess we shall see if Silver is really like Stern or if he has a little more integrity.

I would LOVE to hear someone tell me that same play happens if the Warriors are up 30 looking at a 2-1 lead.. simply would NEVER have happened. He was pissed they were getting smoked. its obvious.

I think they'll suspend him. There's no excuse for giving a blatant cheap shot like that. Also, at the time he did that, they weren't down by much (somewhere between 4-8 points I believe).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i tried to say that Draymond was becoming unglued and could be a liaiblity a few months ago when he started acting crazy.

I was met with calls of being a hater and an idiot...

once again...

time vindicates.

dont get me wrong- love draymond as a player- but he has some tendencies that are OBVIOUSLY self-destructive at times.

I am just absolutely LOVING the Thunder making all the people look stupid that were SO SURE that only SAS or GSW could win it all. Its hilarious.

Even if OKC loses the next 3 games- which i dont THINK they will- its obvious all the hype and bluster were just that- hype and bluster and people with short attention spans letting their emotions get the best of them.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i tried to say that Draymond was becoming unglued and could be a liaiblity a few months ago when he started acting crazy.

I was met with calls of being a hater and an idiot...

once again...

time vindicates.

dont get me wrong- love draymond as a player- but he has some tendencies that are OBVIOUSLY self-destructive at times.

I am just absolutely LOVING the Thunder making all the people look stupid that were SO SURE that only SAS or GSW could win it all. Its hilarious.

Even if OKC loses the next 3 games- which i dont THINK they will- its obvious all the hype and bluster were just that- hype and bluster and people with short attention spans letting their emotions get the best of them.

Maybe you should be a bit concerned with how good the Thunder are looking. Because if they keep playing like this, Cleveland's going to after to figure out how to beat them. The Thunder are looking a lot like the 2011 Mavericks.

Also, it wasn't completely asinine to think that it would be the Spurs and Warriors in the WCF. It was after all the Spurs team that won the most regular season games under Popovich, and the Warriors just beat the Bulls regular season record.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should be a bit concerned with how good the Thunder are looking. Because if they keep playing like this, Cleveland's going to after to figure out how to beat them. The Thunder are looking a lot like the 2011 Mavericks.

Also, it wasn't completely asinine to think that it would be the Spurs and Warriors in the WCF. It was after all the Spurs team that won the most regular season games under Popovich, and the Warriors just beat the Bulls regular season record.
i mean- obviously those 2 were the favorites- but we all see how that goes- the Cavs were the favorites at the beginning of last season- the SPurs were the favorites vs. the Clippers- no one expected GSW to win a title last year- but they came together- had an easy easy road and capitlized.

People just get so carried away with the regular season that they simply dont understand that the playoffs are a totally different battle. Its why i picked OKC to beat the Spurs- the Thunder have MORE TALENT. The Spurs are great- will never beat themselves- but they dont have as much talent- and talent is king in the playoffs.

I just think it was INCREDIBLY INCREDIBLY ignorant for people to say during the winter and early spring- OH WCF- thats the REAL championship!! GUR GUR!!

This is the NBA playoffs- things happen. Its why I think its HILARIOUS idiots trying to goad people into bets in January! lol.

I just hope if OKC does end up making it to the Finals- that next year people realize that a glittering regular season does not mean you are invisible - or even close to it. Everyone starts over 0-0 once the playoffs start and the teams with the most talent USUALLY win.

If you are judging SOLELY by talent- Cavs and OKC are the 2 most TALENTED teams in the NBA. Maybe not the best coached, maybe not the best run, maybe no the best regular season teams, maybe they dont have the best systems, etc......but once the playoffs start- Talent is King. Half court slug-fests, shortened benches, physical play...BIG difference between that and running the beat up Memphis Grizzlies off the floor up 30 hitting 3's all over the place.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean- obviously those 2 were the favorites- but we all see how that goes- the Cavs were the favorites at the beginning of last season- the SPurs were the favorites vs. the Clippers- no one expected GSW to win a title last year- but they came together- had an easy easy road and capitlized.

People just get so carried away with the regular season that they simply dont understand that the playoffs are a totally different battle. Its why i picked OKC to beat the Spurs- the Thunder have MORE TALENT. The Spurs are great- will never beat themselves- but they dont have as much talent- and talent is king in the playoffs.

I just think it was INCREDIBLY INCREDIBLY ignorant for people to say during the winter and early spring- OH WCF- thats the REAL championship!! GUR GUR!!

This is the NBA playoffs- things happen. Its why I think its HILARIOUS idiots trying to goad people into bets in January! lol.

I just hope if OKC does end up making it to the Finals- that next year people realize that a glittering regular season does not mean you are invisible - or even close to it. Everyone starts over 0-0 once the playoffs start and the teams with the most talent USUALLY win.

If you are judging SOLELY by talent- Cavs and OKC are the 2 most TALENTED teams in the NBA. Maybe not the best coached, maybe not the best run, maybe no the best regular season teams, maybe they dont have the best systems, etc......but once the playoffs start- Talent is King. Half court slug-fests, shortened benches, physical play...BIG difference between that and running the beat up Memphis Grizzlies off the floor up 30 hitting 3's all over the place.

The Thunder have always had the most talent on their teams, yet they've constantly been knocked out by the Spurs. Coaching usually played the deciding role when those teams would meet. It's obvious now that Billy Donnovan can actually coach compared to his predecessor.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy hell.

I've been gone since Wednesday, and there's no possible way I can catch up on the all the posts.

Thunder played their best game of the season, combined with the Warriors worst game of the season. That had recipe for disaster written all over it. Kudos to the Thunder for coming out with a sense of urgency. They forced the Warriors into a sloppy game. If the Thunder continue to compete like this, they seem unstoppable.