• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Westbrook haters, is this what you wanted???

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, bash KD for joining the Warriors, there's room for criticism there.

But the man shouldn't be bashed for ditching Russ. That was clearly a good move.

I have another theory - It's called Portland, as the #3 seed, proved though the duration of the season that they're the better team and continued to do so in the playoffs.

I know OKC is an easy target for hate given that they haven't won a playoff series since Durant left, but let's not delude ourselves into believing that they lost to an inferior opponent this year. Because they didn't.

@shopson67

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have another theory - It's called Portland, as the #3 seed, proved though the duration of the season that they're the better team and continued to do so in the playoffs.

I know OKC is an easy target for hate given that they haven't won a playoff series since Durant left, but let's not delude ourselves into believing that they lost to an inferior opponent this year. Because they didn't.

@shopson67

Russ was considered by many to be at the very least a top 10 player in the league. Paul George is considered one of the best two-way players in the league. If you watched most of the OKC Portland series, you'd see that Westbrook's shooting is inconsistent, and has always been.

Also, the Thunder lost in 5 to a team that it was 4 games behind. The talent levels for both teams are fairly close with one another.

For OKC to have Westbrook and the constant defense he gets, why hasn't he been out of the 1st round since KD left? His roster isn't exactly barren.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who are you exactly? :scratch:

A message board legend. You're like the self-important assistant supervisor in a nursing home kitchen. Unwarranted arrogance is all.

This coming from the guy that was bragging about moving up as a (fat) dietician. You do see the irony?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the one with nearly 40K posts, not exactly rocket science. I have this thing called a life. Maybe others should try it some time.

If you call trying to locate your penis under all of your fat a life, then sure, you have a life.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you call trying to locate your penis under all of your fat a life, then sure, you have a life.

what, trolling a sports message board and putting up pics in his av of girls he hasn't got any shot in hell of going out with don't count...?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is a hyperactive spaz that doesn’t play team basketball and pads stats.

Real fans know the difference between getting numbers and “getting numbers”.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should do what he wanted to do, but he might end up with second thoughts...

It's likely that we'll never know for sure if he has second thoughts or not...but I really doubt he decided to stay for 1st round playoff exits.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's likely that we'll never know for sure if he has second thoughts or not...but I really doubt he decided to stay for 1st round playoff exits.

If the Lakers had PG, the Lakers likely make the playoffs. At that point if the choice is living in LA and getting knocked out of the 1st round OR stay in Oklahoma City and get knocked out of the 1st round, then the decision seems obvious.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers had PG, the Lakers likely make the playoffs. At that point if the choice is living in LA and getting knocked out of the 1st round OR stay in Oklahoma City and get knocked out of the 1st round, then the decision seems obvious.

True.

Something tells me that the Lebron/PG combo manages to get out of the 1st round too.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

Something tells me that the Lebron/PG combo manages to get out of the 1st round too.

Probably. I'm just pointing out a (potential) worst case scenario with that combo. I think the talent of Lebron and PG is too much to miss the playoffs. Plus, you'd have to consider that OKC likely misses the playoffs without George. But in the event they'd have to face a team like Golden State, they're likely not winning.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably. I'm just pointing out a (potential) worst case scenario with that combo. I think the talent of Lebron and PG is too much to miss the playoffs. Plus, you'd have to consider that OKC likely misses the playoffs without George. But in the event they'd have to face a team like Golden State, they're likely not winning.

Yeah, a Lebron/PG Lakers isn't taking out the Warriors. But I'd give them at least a solid shot against pretty much everyone else.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ was considered by many to be at the very least a top 10 player in the league. Paul George is considered one of the best two-way players in the league. If you watched most of the OKC Portland series, you'd see that Westbrook's shooting is inconsistent, and has always been.

Also, the Thunder lost in 5 to a team that it was 4 games behind. The talent levels for both teams are fairly close with one another.

For OKC to have Westbrook and the constant defense he gets, why hasn't he been out of the 1st round since KD left? His roster isn't exactly barren.

No one said Westbrook is blameless. OKC lost as a team and last I checked he was part of it.

That said, I'm not surprised in the slightest that Portland won. Even though I didn't make an official prediction on this series, I would have predicted them to advance to the second round in some capacity.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch now that hurt. What a burn. And I doubt you have much of a life.

If dragging up old threads from over a year ago to validate one's lazy option is what you consider "having a life", then I'll gladly accept "not having a life".

The ink is dry and Paul George is not coming to the Lakers. Certain posters need to deal with it. He does not regret his decision, and even if he did it'd be his own fault for having commitment issues.

And I apologize for the delayed response and not replying at anyone's personal convenience. I've been busy at this place called a job.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've always disagreed on Westbrook. Jordan couldn't get over the hump until he got a coach. Phil also helped kobi. Just being a great player isn't always enough.
Even if you want to us GS as an example they weren't doing anything until Kerr.

Jordan also didn’t have a wingman like KD early in his career. Only comparison between Jordan and Russell is competitiveness But Russell loses his dam mind on the court. Something MJ would not do. MJ knew how to take over games, stop momentum of another team and his defense was way beyond what Russ could ever dream of.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If dragging up old threads from over a year ago to validate one's lazy option is what you consider "having a life", then I'll gladly accept "not having a life".

The ink is dry and Paul George is not coming to the Lakers. Certain posters need to deal with it. He does not regret his decision, and even if he did it'd be his own fault for having commitment issues.

And I apologize for the delayed response and not replying at anyone's personal convenience. I've been busy at this place called a job.

What are you blathering about now? I never said anything about George & the Lakers. And is cleaning the toilets at your local Mickey D's really a job?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you blathering about now? I never said anything about George & the Lakers. And is cleaning the toilets at your local Mickey D's really a job?
He thinks you're a Lakers fan. He thinks we all are.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don’t think a lot of people hate Russell. He brings a lot of shit on himself with his actions

Many of us want to like Westbrook. He’s a phenomenal talent just needs to tweak
His noggin