• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So How good is this team really? What is your prediction?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a Reds fan before the Mariners started. What a drop off that was. Went from Big Red Machine to Be True To The Blue.

People ask me all the time how could I be a Reds fan growing up in Washington. Back in the early/mid 70's you had Dodgers, Red Sox, Pirates, Reds, and Yankees on TV all the time. You had to pick one back then. Loved Johnny Bench. Damn you got me thinking back to winning baseball.
I liked the pirates uniforms, but I mostly followed them because I liked Kent Tekulve and his sub pitching. I mean I was a kid and all lol.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but really anything short of an ALCS appearance is a massive failure for this team. With every word and move Jerry has made has been for this season being a World Series competitive team. A wild card series isn’t acceptable because they weren’t going to win the division because the Astros which was a given but a wild card exit doesn’t excuse getting rid of all of the payroll and essentially forcing the best overall player on the 2021 roster into retirement. You can say he missed on FA but he signed a Cy Young pitcher and traded for an all star and a former all star which none has been remotely all star level and outside of JRod and Gilbert none of his 2021 prospects have been what they were suppose to be.
You can hold to anything you wish. For me anything short of just having a WC appearance is a failure. Getting the playoff monkey off their backs is at least a small step in the right direction. Of course I'd rather they did even more, but when others are laying out the groundwork for still being ok with yet another season of no playoffs I chimed in that I'm entirely not OK with that. This was the bar I responded to.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the pirates uniforms, but I mostly followed them because I liked Kent Tekulve and his sub pitching. I mean I was a kid and all lol.
Tekulve and Quisenberry. Fun to watch.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can hold to anything you wish. For me anything short of just having a WC appearance is a failure. Getting the playoff monkey off their backs is at least a small step in the right direction. Of course I'd rather they did even more, but when others are laying out the groundwork for still being ok with yet another season of no playoffs I chimed in that I'm entirely not OK with that. This was the bar I responded to.
I would love to get the playoff monkey gone too. I was just replying that that shouldn’t be considered a successful season.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 game short. That's my prediction.

Groundhogs day all over again.
Sure feels like the baseball gods are leading us in that direction.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well 90 is the winner!