• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz's ego?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me and a lot of Eagle fans were really disappointed. He would have been perfect for the Eagles. Sanders would be a tough give up.
I’m not big on star RBs but that kid looks like the real deal. The only think I can think that dissuaded him is the 20+ million per he wants while having two other WR making 10+ million already. But still. That guy is awesome and I’m bummed he’s not an Eagle

You wouldn't have had to worry about his contract demands for another 3 yrs.

2020...12.5mil
2021...13.5mil
2022...13.9mil (final year)

Those are pretty damn good numbers for a top 2 WR. I like Sanders as well but he's easily replaceable where having a top 2 WR would have helped out Wentz tremendously.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you might have a point. Lets be real.
The Jags arent the sharpest tool in the shed. They seem to be dismantling their team & just going cheap.

If it were just the Jags you may have a point. Maybe. But of course this is hardly the first time for poor Nick, yet posters here still insist he is a good starting QB and the better option for the Eagles. Not sure how many more teams need to cut him before they get a clue.

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol you’re the one that brought up Foles then some other dipshit responded, I was responding to that I just didn’t quote anything

Again if you can't see how Foles and Wentz are tied together on this board well you must be new here.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were just the Jags you may have a point. Maybe. But of course this is hardly the first time for poor Nick, yet posters here still insist he is a good starting QB and the better option for the Eagles. Not sure how many more teams need to cut him before they get a clue.
There's a whole group of ppl that repeatedly think the redskins make good moves and are contenders yearly. They will be right eventually, maybe this year. But you would think they would learn....

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a whole group of ppl that repeatedly think the redskins make good moves and are contenders yearly. They will be right eventually, maybe this year. But you would think they would learn....

I love when posters want to trot out the inept Redskins as some sort of stupid "Gotcha" moment when they have no counter to the points I make. The best part of course is I am certainly not in that group and few are so once again you are posting nonsense. And of course the Washington Redskins have nothing to do with the discussion where Nick Foles does.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love when posters want to trot out the inept Redskins as some sort of stupid "Gotcha" moment when they have no counter to the points I make. The best part of course is I am certainly not in that group and few are so once again you are posting nonsense. And of course the Washington Redskins have nothing to do with the discussion where Nick Foles does.
i can make a billion counter points, see the numerous threads, read them. They've been made. You just seem to chime in with shitty comments on the foles/wentz debates, without knowing 95% of the backstory on most of the comments. Im positive you havent read all the threads and ongoing debates, sure you've occasionally "browsed"So if you want to throw out uneducated comments, why cant we?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can make a billion counter points, see the numerous threads, read them. They've been made. You just seem to chime in with shitty comments on the foles/wentz debates, without knowing 95% of the backstory on most of the comments. Im positive you havent read all the threads and ongoing debates, sure you've occasionally "browsed"So if you want to throw out uneducated comments, why cant we?

Yeah I'm not reading 700 pages of mostly bullshit however I have read enough to know that many posters here made it clear they think Nick Foles would have been the better option than Carson Wentz for the Eagles. They are adamant about this and attacked those who disagreed.

I also have read enough to know that this is now the 6th time in an 8 year career that an NFL team has made the decision to move on from Nick Foles.

I know enough to know this last fact destroys the premise that Foles would have been the better long term option than Carson Wentz even with his injuries and regression. Wentz still has the time to be a top QB, Nick Foles had a Joe Flacco moment and was anointed a better option when he's not even a guy capable of holding on to a job.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again if you can't see how Foles and Wentz are tied together on this board well you must be new here.
No I don’t see how Wentz’s fragile ego is connected to Foles, but seeing as you keep responding in a roundabout way neither do you

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
many posters here made it clear they think Nick Foles would have been the better option than Carson Wentz for the Eagles. They are adamant about this and attacked those who disagreed.
in all honesty, I don't think there are just a few of eagle fans who actually think Foles was better than Wentz for the eagles moving forward. I know there are a shit load of posters here who fuck with the eagle fan base with regards to this topic. It's comical to me that you can't see this.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in all honesty, I don't think there are just a few of eagle fans who actually think Foles was better than Wentz for the eagles moving forward. I know there are a shit load of posters here who fuck with the eagle fan base with regards to this topic. It's comical to me that you can't see this.

That's what I mean by 700 pages of bullshit. I saw much of that, none of this changes the fact that many posters here still consider Foles the better option. So yeah Foles and Wentz are very much connected on this particular board.

I was simply addressing that as I was one of those who was attacked for my position. 6 times in 8 years pretty much is the scoreboard.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't have had to worry about his contract demands for another 3 yrs.

2020...12.5mil
2021...13.5mil
2022...13.9mil (final year)

Those are pretty damn good numbers for a top 2 WR. I like Sanders as well but he's easily replaceable where having a top 2 WR would have helped out Wentz tremendously.

Absolutely would have helped Wentz but he’s looking for a new deal at over 20 mill per. There’s an article in the Inquirer about why Howie didn’t pull the trigger. But don’t get me wrong. We literally have the worst WRs in the NFL and could have added one of the best WR in the league. I think it was a major blunder.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely would have helped Wentz but he’s looking for a new deal at over 20 mill per. There’s an article in the Inquirer about why Howie didn’t pull the trigger. But don’t get me wrong. We literally have the worst WRs in the NFL and could have added one of the best WR in the league. I think it was a major blunder.

I'm sure Howie could have worked something out with a restructure and more money upfront to make him happy but he didn't want to pull the trigger and give up Sanders which is more than just a major blunder in my mind. Now he needs 2 WRs to hit in the draft to go along with an oft injured DJax, Ward, JJ who can't run a proper route tree and Alshon who's also injured and slowing down. Total fuck up on his part.