• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz's ego?

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take all this crap with a huge grain of salt. NO sports right now so these writers are looking for controversial crap to get clicks. Couldn’t say whether his ego is an issue or not but locker rooms generally can sort this sort of thing out
some of those are philly sources. and again, not the first time this has been brought up......

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the scouting isn't as terrible as you would like to believe.......no?

like I said... it’s weird. I mean they just won a SB recently so obviously they’ve hit on some draft picks but for some reason they can find WRs and CBs. It’s bizarre.
The one that baffles me is CB. Philly doesn’t have a history of great WRs but they used to have great secondaries.
*Eric Allen, Wes Hopkins, Andre Waters
*Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor Brian Dawkins
*Asante Samuel, Dominique Rodgers Cromartie, Brian Dawkins and still added an extremely talented Nnamdi Asomugha (didn’t workout)

Now they can’t even land a good CB in the last decade. I don’t know what to say. WR and CB just seems to be impossible to find for the current Eagle teams.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of those are philly sources. and again, not the first time this has been brought up......

yeah, all me and him are saying is this theory might be true and might not. The article even mentioned that. The part on letting Jenkins go seems off IMO. They insinuated they let him go because he was a big leader in our locker and they want it to be Wentz. I think it was totally just that he was 32 years old and wanted a new deal. Howie has been saying we have to get younger and giving 32 year old safeties new deals doesn’t accomplish that.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The obsession with Carson Wentz on this board is certainly entertaining. In a related story yet another team has decided to move on from Nick Foles. How many times has this happened now? I've honestly lost count.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soft Ego, lends credence to my fake injury issue.

It really doesn’t. And the fact that all the top media outlets reported he had a fractured vertebrae really makes your theory ridiculous. But the fact when Foles was no longer an Eagle and they brought in 3 new WRs that need to get their timing down with the starting QB and they keep that QB from throwing the following season to heal further heal makes your idea that they kept him out of practice not to heal but to just keep a lie going is painfully absurd.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah this makes total sense Eagles need to infuse younger players on the roster and this draft is ass deep with wide outs so let’s go with Wentz has an ego as to why they didn’t sign big name FA

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The obsession with Carson Wentz on this board is certainly entertaining. In a related story yet another team has decided to move on from Nick Foles. How many times has this happened now? I've honestly lost count.
How is Nick Foles related at all?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just don’t call a guy who is a Bear in 2020, an Eagle in 2018/19, a Chief in 2017, a Ram in 2016, an Eagle in 2015 a journeyman.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah this makes total sense Eagles need to infuse younger players on the roster and this draft is ass deep with wide outs so let’s go with Wentz has an ego as to why they didn’t sign big name FA

not to mention there weren’t any big name FA WRs available this offseason

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s just wild to me how a fanbase will put down the only QB in their history to win a SB to prop up a injury prone brittle bitch

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a bit of the last article on the list and they do mention Philly's inability to draft and develop WR talent. The one issue I have here is the headline saying the FO wants a "younger guy that can mesh with Carson" . I don't understand that at all. Do they need guys that can be Wentz's buddies or what. I would think the only priority should be guys that can run good routes and have good hands. I don't see the guys age as something important other than if he is washed up.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a bit of the last article on the list and they do mention Philly's inability to draft and develop WR talent. The one issue I have here is the headline saying the FO wants a "younger guy that can mesh with Carson" . I don't understand that at all. Do they need guys that can be Wentz's buddies or what. I would think the only priority should be guys that can run good routes and have good hands. I don't see the guys age as something important other than if he is washed up.
A few articles have that statement.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL
Always thought Leaders took the leadership. Didnt get massaged into it.

They got rid of a defensive player because he had the locker rooms ear. Not sure you can force a guy to be the leader of men. this isnt high School.

This a gonna be fun :pop2:

The problem is... is they didn’t get rid of him because he had the locker rooms ear. They got rid of him because the Eagles are an old team and he was 32 looking for a new deal. The articles said this all might not be correct.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is... is they didn’t get rid of him because he had the locker rooms ear. They got rid of him because the Eagles are an old team and he was 32 looking for a new deal. The articles said this all might not be correct.
But it also may be correct. It's a discussion point. Just like your statement "may not be correct".

But again, there are rumors Over wentzs leadership/locker room presence.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it also may be correct. It's a discussion point. Just like your statement "may not be correct".

But again, there are rumors Over wentzs leadership/locker room presence.

True. It seems like to me only one player doesn’t seem to mesh with Wentz and it’s rumored to have been Alshon. The rest of the locker room stood by Wentz and supported him. I guess we are all guessing. I just really don’t think the one issue they brought up with Jenkins is true.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like I said... it’s weird. I mean they just won a SB recently so obviously they’ve hit on some draft picks but for some reason they can find WRs and CBs. It’s bizarre.
The one that baffles me is CB. Philly doesn’t have a history of great WRs but they used to have great secondaries.
*Eric Allen, Wes Hopkins, Andre Waters
*Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor Brian Dawkins
*Asante Samuel, Dominique Rodgers Cromartie, Brian Dawkins and still added an extremely talented Nnamdi Asomugha (didn’t workout)

Now they can’t even land a good CB in the last decade. I don’t know what to say. WR and CB just seems to be impossible to find for the current Eagle teams.
You forgot about the lito shepherd and sheldon brown draft.