• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz or Goff

which qb do you want?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread will be bumped and bumped again for the next few years at least.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 NFL Draft matchmaker: My dream prospect-team pairings
0ap1000000053195.jpg
Adam Schein
NFL Media columnist

I don't do mock drafts. I read them. I don't write them.

But the Powers That Be at NFL.com asked me to play matchmaker and concoct some ideal prospect-team fits. Now this is a concept I can get behind!

Reminder: THIS IS NOT A PROJECTION OR MOCK DRAFT.

Just an exercise in making sense.

Here are my perfect fits for the 2016 NFL Draft, Schein Nine style

1) Carson Wentz + Los Angeles Rams
2016 NFL DRAFT
The Rams and Titans deal was a win-win. Tennessee received a great haul for the top overall pick (two first-round picks, two second-rounders and two third-rounders over the next two drafts) that will allow the organization to fill a number of holes. Meanwhile, the Rams sorely need a franchise quarterback.

And the only franchise QB prospect in this draft is Carson Wentz.

Phil Simms, Mike Mayock, Daniel Jeremiah and Cris Collinsworth all have Wentz as their top signal caller in the class. And they should. One highly respected NFL executive texted me on the morning of the trade, "Wentz just made the Rams a legit threat. He is a once every 5 years type of QB."

I don't want to hear that Wentz played at North Dakota State while Jared Goff played at Cal. This isn't real estate. Location doesn't matter. Simms played at Morehead State and then became a Super Bowl MVP with the Giants. Joe Flacco, who played at Delaware, did the same with the Ravens. Ben Roethlisbergerplayed college ball at Miami of Ohio ... and he owns a pair of rings.

You get the point.

Jeff Fisher did a fantastic job developing a young QB from a small school once before. That was Steve McNair, the pride of Alcorn State.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 NFL Draft matchmaker: My dream prospect-team pairings
View attachment 110590
Adam Schein
NFL Media columnist

I don't do mock drafts. I read them. I don't write them.

But the Powers That Be at NFL.com asked me to play matchmaker and concoct some ideal prospect-team fits. Now this is a concept I can get behind!

Reminder: THIS IS NOT A PROJECTION OR MOCK DRAFT.

Just an exercise in making sense.

Here are my perfect fits for the 2016 NFL Draft, Schein Nine style

1) Carson Wentz + Los Angeles Rams
2016 NFL DRAFT
The Rams and Titans deal was a win-win. Tennessee received a great haul for the top overall pick (two first-round picks, two second-rounders and two third-rounders over the next two drafts) that will allow the organization to fill a number of holes. Meanwhile, the Rams sorely need a franchise quarterback.

And the only franchise QB prospect in this draft is Carson Wentz.

Phil Simms, Mike Mayock, Daniel Jeremiah and Cris Collinsworth all have Wentz as their top signal caller in the class. And they should. One highly respected NFL executive texted me on the morning of the trade, "Wentz just made the Rams a legit threat. He is a once every 5 years type of QB."

I don't want to hear that Wentz played at North Dakota State while Jared Goff played at Cal. This isn't real estate. Location doesn't matter. Simms played at Morehead State and then became a Super Bowl MVP with the Giants. Joe Flacco, who played at Delaware, did the same with the Ravens. Ben Roethlisbergerplayed college ball at Miami of Ohio ... and he owns a pair of rings.

You get the point.

Jeff Fisher did a fantastic job developing a young QB from a small school once before. That was Steve McNair, the pride of Alcorn State.

According to Simms, Goff is the 3rd best QB prospect in this draft behind Wentz and Lynch...

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Other NFL teams only think they know

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had the #1 pick, I'd take Wentz over Goff, but I don't think I'd give what the Rams gave for either, especially if I thought Lynch could be had at 15 (maybe they didn't). That said, if you don't have a franchise QB, and think a guy is even a coinflip, you do what it takes to get him.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Other NFL teams only think they know

Not sure what that even means. So since many have been many saying its Goff, does that mean its Wentz? Lynch? This whole thing is just so strange...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark my words, Hundley will end up having the best NFL career of these three.

Probably because he can learn from one of the best QB's in the league and is in a much more stable organization with people that actually know what in the hell they're doing.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt if either turns out to be better than an average QB.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is what I fear. Even worse, I think that in the end, Lynch might end up the best and most successful of the three...

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever we take, they better take a page out of the Raiders playbook- My god, did I just type that?- and make sure to get Goff or Wentz weapons & protection over the next couple of years to give them the best chance to succeed.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrett Jones will be the number one overall pick and he is returning to the Rams as a QB instead of a beat-up O-lineman.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell DJ, with Gurley, the young OL and the Rams defense, most of us here would be happy with 'average'. :suds:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I fear. Even worse, I think that in the end, Lynch might end up the best and most successful of the three...

Could be but isn't he the one who had a DUI recently? He could have off the field problems like Manziel. I am not very optimistic about this draft when it comes to QB's.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell DJ, with Gurley, the young OL and the Rams defense, most of us here would be happy with 'average'. :suds:

Fair enough. I was surprised at just how much Foles has dropped off from his breakout season with the Eagles. I thought he was a solid pickup for the Rams when it happened.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be but isn't he the one who had a DUI recently? He could have off the field problems like Manziel. I am not very optimistic about this draft when it comes to QB's.

That was Dak Prescott.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I was surprised at just how much Foles has dropped off from his breakout season with the Eagles. I thought he was a solid pickup for the Rams when it happened.

Foles came from a spread offense in college and played in an offense with spread elements under Chip. Rams offense is nothing like that and he got pummeled after holding the ball too long.

Both of Wentz/Goff should be better with the Rams than Foles (of course). Wentz played in a pro-style system. Goff did play in a spread, but was not recruited as a spread QB (coaching and system change took place just before he arrived on campus), so he should make the adjustment easier than most spread QBs.