• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz May Be Traded, Cut By Colts Now: Reports

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said last year the Colts shouldn't let Wentz get to the 75% playing time making the pick a 1st. Now if they trade or cut him they have no QB and no 1st.

Maybe some team is stupid enough to trade a first, but I highly doubt it, in fact if any team is even considering trading for him I think the most they offer is a 3rd.

Where's Minnesota when you need to rob someone?

the-office-michael-scott.gif

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But how many years since taking Bradford off of Phillys hands?

Ugh... That one was bad and Spielman survived it is simply because a year later, Bradford got hurt and the Vikings lucked into Keenum in 2017. Also had a great defense... until it wasn't.

Then it was a few more years of mediocrity. With Cousins making a ton of money in the process.

Things have to be changing now that we flushed the Spielman turd.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh... That one was bad and Spielman survived it is simply because a year later, Bradford got hurt and the Vikings lucked into Keenum in 2017. Also had a great defense... until it wasn't.

Then it was a few more years of mediocrity. With Cousins making a ton of money in the process.

wait.
Did you say Bradford got hurt? Did that ever happen before?
I swear a Bradfords agent/Wentz could definitely get a 1st out of someone.

So when Cousins leaves Minny has a 1st to get Wentz correct?

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait.
Did you say Bradford got hurt? Did that ever happen before?
I swear a Bradfords agent/Wentz could definitely get a 1st out of someone.

So when Cousins leaves Minny has a 1st to get Wentz correct?

Honestly, I'd probably swap them straight up right now, just to get out from the last year of Kirk's contract. I don't see the Vikings doing anything meaningful in 2022.

As far as Bradford goes, that speaks to Spielman being totally desperate after Bridgewater went down. Teddy has been a game manager, we'll never know if he'd have lived up to his potential.

So Bradford absolutely blasts the Saints in the first week and then gets hurt. Then plays a half in Chicago before Keenum saves his bacon and takes the Vikings from there.

Then Enter Kirk, Who had a .500 record going in and still does. It is time to make a change.

Sorry for the history lesson on the Vikings, but if one team is having a QB problem, you flip them and go from there.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Vikings saved many shit talking Eagles fans who insisted some team will trade good draft picks for Bradford. I insisted no team would and then boom the Vikings answer the phone.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings saved many shit talking Eagles fans who insisted some team will trade good draft picks for Bradford. I insisted no team would and then boom the Vikings answer the phone.

That GM is out. He couldn't evaluate QBs. That is done and I'd prefer to leave it in the past.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'd probably swap them straight up right now, just to get out from the last year of Kirk's contract. I don't see the Vikings doing anything meaningful in 2022.

As far as Bradford goes, that speaks to Spielman being totally desperate after Bridgewater went down. Teddy has been a game manager, we'll never know if he'd have lived up to his potential.

So Bradford absolutely blasts the Saints in the first week and then gets hurt. Then plays a half in Chicago before Keenum saves his bacon and takes the Vikings from there.

Then Enter Kirk, Who had a .500 record going in and still does. It is time to make a change.

Sorry for the history lesson on the Vikings, but if one team is having a QB problem, you flip them and go from there.
I'll be honest.
When Bradford wasnt hurt. He was a good QB. Not a gunslinger to hang your hat on, but he was good.
I just cant remember when he finished a season.
I remember when he was on the rams. He was my secret weapon in FFL for a few weeks. then yep you guessed it. Had to go to the back up.
Honestly though. If you were picking up as a FA. I would take Wentz over Cousins. But remember Wentz couldnt get a complete team (IMO) in the Colts(minus a good QB) to the Playoffs & Cousins did get the Vikes there. granted one is a stacked AFC vs. our anemic NFC. But never underestimate the lack of leadership by a QB. Wentz has tons of that. Physical ability. He has all that. The problem to me is in the helmet.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That GM is out. He couldn't evaluate QBs. That is done and I'd prefer to leave it in the past.
In all honesty I thought the Walker trade would get you the Lombardi, and if it did the picks to Dallas meant nothing to you.
The next time the Viks are in the SB I'll pull for them unless they face the Bills. If that's the case I'll have to remain neutral.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty I thought the Walker trade would get you the Lombardi, and if it did the picks to Dallas meant nothing to you.
The next time the Viks are in the SB I'll pull for them unless they face the Bills. If that's the case I'll have to remain neutral.
Honestly most thought they were that close to the Superbowl when they got Walker. Might have cost them in the long run, but if they got one superbowl most would have thought it worth it. Instead of the most lopsided trade ever.Funny how fickle things work.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly most thought they were that close to the Superbowl when they got Walker. Might have cost them in the long run, but if they got one superbowl most would have thought it worth it. Instead of the most lopsided trade ever.Funny how fickle things work.

The thing with that trade was that many of the players involved were attached to the draft picks that the Cowboys ended up getting. So if they cut these players, they'd get the picks.

So Jimmy Johnson had Mike Lynn completely over a barrel and has really enjoyed talking about it even though Mike has been dead for almost a decade.

I think Jimmy gave a 3rd round pick that ended up being Jake Reed to the Vikings, so that became the only good thing of that trade from the Vikings standpoint.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with that trade was that many of the players involved were attached to the draft picks that the Cowboys ended up getting. So if they cut these players, they'd get the picks.

So Jimmy Johnson had Mike Lynn completely over a barrel and has really enjoyed talking about it even though Mike has been dead for almost a decade.

I think Jimmy gave a 3rd round pick that ended up being Jake Reed to the Vikings, so that became the only good thing of that trade from the Vikings standpoint.
Oh I am completely aware how Jimmy Johnson worked the trade. But even worst case scenario if you guys had a lombardi. It could have been called worth it.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I am completely aware how Jimmy Johnson worked the trade. But even worst case scenario if you guys had a lombardi. It could have been called worth it.

Yep. Unfortunately, it didn't work that way and ended both Lynn and Burns' careers. I think it's more impressive that the team didn't turn into a total dumpster fire after losing all of those picks. The Vikings went 6-10, 8-8 and then missed the playoffs just one more time in the 90s.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Unfortunately, it didn't work that way and ended both Lynn and Burns' careers. I think it's more impressive that the team didn't turn into a total dumpster fire after losing all of those picks. The Vikings went 6-10, 8-8 and then missed the playoffs just one more time in the 90s.
true
But I remember when the Vikes got Walker. Thinking that was the missing piece. Oh shit.
Hell I remember beginning of the season things looking great. Walker running a long TD with no shoe on. Think I saw it on ESPN or where ever forever. But by the end of the season life was over for those you speak of. Especially after JJ worked his voodoo which we later found out was his master plan along. I think he kept like one player from all traded (which I believe was Holt) Could be wrong going off memory, but I do remember he got draft picks if he didnt keep certain players or some shit. That is where he raped the Vikes. he was looking for your draft picks. Not the players traded. Which is what really hurt the vikes. (& started the JJ history)

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true
But I remember when the Vikes got Walker. Thinking that was the missing piece. Oh shit.
Hell I remember beginning of the season things looking great. Walker running a long TD with no shoe on. Think I saw it on ESPN or where ever forever. But by the end of the season life was over for those you speak of. Especially after JJ worked his voodoo which we later found out was his master plan along. I think he kept like one player from all traded (which I believe was Holt) Could be wrong going off memory, but I do remember he got draft picks if he didnt keep certain players or some shit. That is where he raped the Vikes. he was looking for your draft picks. Not the players traded. Which is what really hurt the vikes. (& started the JJ history)

And every single year that unlubricated raping is brought back to light. Usually it's around the draft and not right after the season. So again, thanks Cowboy fans.

Nice QB draw with 14 seconds to go.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And every single year that unlubricated raping is brought back to light. Usually it's around the draft and not right after the season. So again, thanks Cowboy fans.

Nice QB draw with 14 seconds to go.
well if it makes you feel better.
when Manster brought up trading with the vikes. (under this conversation)
I immediately thought the vikes being crazy giving a 1st for Bradford.
Not the Walker trade.

One of the worst trades ever....... I think the Walker trade. How this combo started I thought the Bradford trade.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only see him involved in a trade to the Texans for Watson. I can't see any other team trading for him. The Steelers and Buccaneers don't have a QB for 2022 and I don't see them trading for him.
Yeah and no way do the Texans trade Watson within the division imo. I think the Colts will have to make the decision to swallow the cap hit and release him or offer extra picks to another team to take him off their hands. He might be the toughest sell in the league.