• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We'll see if the Cavs are really improved or not tonight

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saying- he had a "great" game tonight by his standards and still shot only 38%/33% and he is shooting 37% from the field in February

he had another "great" game for him against the Knicks

in a combined 53 minutes vs. the mighty pistons and celtics he had 5 points combined and a 7-5 assists to turnover ratio...all though- in his defense you did say last week- and that was more like a week and half ago

He has been fine. You picked out 2 of the 3 poor games he had over the last few games. He went through a 3 game stretch in the last week in january where he had 45 points, 15 assist, and just 4 turnovers, and shot a really high %.

As I said before. He has been solid for about 3 weeks now with a bad game here and now

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs dropping confetti after a regular season win in February?:noidea:
I HOPE it is something they do after every win?:noidea:

its a freaking carnival at that stadium...way over the top.....

they some how wereright middle of the pack in attendance the last few years though despite not making theplayoffs once....if you are a casual fan i guess its "an experience"....(excuse me while i gag)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mozgov with a season high in points tonight on 9/11 shooting.

Tristan Thompson 17points on 7/8 shooting

the Cavs really beat up the Heat inside.

your shot blocker had 2 less blocks than Mozgovs 2 blocks....just saying

Serious question?
Do you even understand what you are watching on the court?

Also, you have made countless comments about Whiteside the last few weeks, then you come on here and say this is the first time you've watched him play? :lame:

This was not at all one of his better games, and it had way more to do with picking up a couple cheap/stupid fouls then anything Mozgov or the Cavs did.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a freaking carnival at that stadium...way over the top.....

they some how wereright middle of the pack in attendance the last few years though despite not making theplayoffs once....if you are a casual fan i guess its "an experience"....(excuse me while i gag)

The Heat, as well as probably all teams create a carnival atmosphere.
Between the dancers, mascots, kiss cams, contest, etc.., they want people entertained.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been fine. You picked out 2 of the 3 poor games he had over the last few games. He went through a 3 game stretch in the last week in january where he had 45 points, 15 assist, and just 4 turnovers, and shot a really high %.

As I said before. He has been solid for about 3 weeks now with a bad game here and now

im just looking at his monthly splits and he was actually damn good in November at practically 46%/35% and then the wheels came off in December at 35%/21%....and then evened back out in January...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question?

Also, you have made countless comments about Whiteside the last few weeks, then you come on here and say this is the first time you've watched him play? :lame:

This was not at all one of his better games, and it had way more to do with picking up a couple cheap/stupid fouls then anything Mozgov or the Cavs did.

i should have said this is the first time i have watched him play a full game.

its not as easy this year when you guys arent on national tv much

what he has gotten regular minutes in 20 games give or take? how many have been on national tv or even nba tv? a couple?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what he has gotten regular minutes in 20 games give or take? how many have been on national tv or even nba tv? a couple?

Fair enough.
I highly recommend the NBA package, but you probably are studying a lot.

That 1st semester took a toll on my son.
He ended up with a 2.9 GPA which I guess really isn't that bad, but he'd never seen less than a 3.6.

Anyway, Whiteside usually is limited to around 28 mpg.
Hopefully it increases down the stretch.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since Whiteside started playing significant minutes (sometime in January) the Heat played the Bulls, Cavs, Spurs, Mavs, & Thunder on national TV ( 4 on ESPN/ABC & 1 on NBATV)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.
I highly recommend the NBA package, but you probably are studying a lot.

That 1st semester took a toll on my son.
He ended up with a 2.9 GPA which I guess really isn't that bad, but he'd never seen less than a 3.6.

Anyway, Whiteside usually is limited to around 28 mpg.
Hopefully it increases down the stretch.

its not easy- i dont go to tier 1 school by any stretch of the imagination- but it has the 2nd best bar passage rate after OSU (which is tier 1) in Ohio and I plan on staying in Cleveland and got a solid amount of aid so I think it should end up being a good choice. I have been clerking at a very good firm here since last May.

the biggest thing that i had to adjust to was the grading on the curve. For people that dont totally understand that- my school, at least first year, curves to a class average 2.7....its something like only 10%-15% get A's- so out of my class of 35- there are only like 4-5 A's no matter what happens and it creates that competitive environment.

Its definitely an adjustment. I remember thinking I was a pretty damn good writer going in and they totally tear you down to build you back up. Legal writing is so different

good luck to your son! I am sure he will adjust- but it is a whole different ball game when you are suddenly surrounded with all the best students and everyone had a 3.5 or above pretty much in undergrad.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question?

andi do get it...they definitely shaded Whiteside more towards shutting down LeBron- and dared Mozgov/Thompson and Shumpert to beat them- tonight those 3 played really well.....the concern I would have if i were the HEat is that a lot of those were just wide open layups or alley oops- but you did hold LeBron to under 20 so its a hard strategy to argue with. Kyrie played a fairly passive game. Love started out amazing and then kinda cooled and of course then got hurt. It was nice to see the Cavs score a lot of points with Love only playing limited minutes and Kyrie deferring for the most part andLeBron under 20....if you wouldve told me none of the Cavs big 3 would get 20 id have thought it would have been a lot closer of a game.

Whiteside had a really nice little jumphook over Love early on that impressed me. He rolls nice to the hoop to.....where i think he could get into trouble is if teams really put him in the pick and roll and make himwork and get him in foul trouble or try and get him frusterated. He has all the talent but it takes time to get your mental game straight-and it seems like he can get out of it. On that oneplay he should have had that board-but Love snuck in and threw up that garbage shot and got the foul call because Whiteside lacked focus on that play. That ability to mentally focus allthe time and take adversity without losing your cool just does not come early to anyone that i can remember.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys had to see it tonight-

Marion is pretty much kaput on the offensive end...its pretty painful to watch....if its not inside just a few feet and a pretty good look its not gonna bepretty....at least he understands that though...that kind of self awareness and acceptance is pretty rare- it allows him to be a playable guyand someone that could help out here or there.

him and Delly at least both get it- that if they arent wide open- and if there is any reasonable time left on the shot clock- they NEED to pass the ball.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said earlier, Lebron & Chalmers are good friends

Last edited by a moderator:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching this Clippers Houston games makes me wonder how the Clips are just not a great team

Doc has proved he is at the very least a top 10 coach.

but this team has like every piece that you could want

A top 10 player and tough as nails true point guard with experience in Chris Paul

Another huge star in Blake Griffin who can score big time, has developed a decent 15 footer- is a very good passer in the high low post with Jordan- i mean- hes at LEAST a top 15 guy in the league

They have a shot blocking, rim protecting monster of a center who shoots a great %, is a super-elite rebounder and one of the better shot blockers in the league.

They have GREAT outside shooting in Redick and Crawford- both spread the floor, can get hot and score 20 no problem (especially crawford here or there- he can steal 1 game in a 7 game series) and are solid 3rd and 4th scoring options when you know your 5th scoring option (Jordan) will get 10 a game just by put backs and high/lows with Grffin and the occasional alley oop.-

and even their 3rd big man Hawes can spread the floor- Hawes is a DAMN good 3rd big and a perfect compliment to Jordan.

Barnes is getting up there a little but he is still a rangy, above average perimeter defender with a lot of length...

thats a first 7 guys of Paul, Griffin, Jordan, Redick, Crawford, Hawes, Barnes. - i realize they dont play the games on paper....but if your putting a team together you are hitting all the points you need to hit there...

I realize the West is stacked...i just like that roster a lot

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my thoughts on it are in post 567.

and by the way- Lloyd is probably the best reporter to get Cavs news from. Then I would go Windhorst- and than McMenamin.

all though on a day to day basis- id put McMenamin over Windhorst- as far as history goes and able to put things in perspective Windhorst is definitely the best.

So, with that being said...There can be no doubt that Lebron is pulling the strings for the Cavs after this statement...FROM WINDHORST, right?

Brian Windhorst of ESPN on SiriusXM NBA Radio
: I think he’d still be there. LeBron definitely wanted to play with Kevin Love, but remember, Wiggins was not mentioned in the LeBron letter. And on July 7th, the Cavs felt like, if they signed LeBron, they would just keep Wiggins, that they wouldn’t trade him for Love. If Love really wanted to play in Cleveland, he could’ve come there as a free agent next summer. By July 10th or 11th, once LeBron had gotten there, all of a sudden, Wiggins was in the deal. So, you can draw your own map from there. People can deny it from now until those guys retire, but I know exactly what happened. I saw the roadmap. If Wiggins had signed with LeBron’s agency, then Wiggins would have been in the letter. If Wiggins would have been having a relationship with LeBron in the weeks leading up to the draft, then it would have been a no-brainer.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's seriously irresponsible journalism , imo. To put that type of speculative accusation out there. I'm honestly surprised to see Windhorst do that.

The other thing I'll say is that there is an important difference between calling the shots and having your input valued by the person calling the shots

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's seriously irresponsible journalism , imo. To put that type of speculative accusation out there. I'm honestly surprised to see Windhorst do that.

The other thing I'll say is that there is an important difference between calling the shots and having your input valued by the person calling the shots

LeBron signing 1 year deals is a genius move for him, it's almost as if the Cavs never signed him and are still trying to woo him. LeBron can leave any time he wants and Cleveland knows that, they don't make a move without LeBron's say so. LeBron has all the power and I don't blame him, I'd probably do the exact same thing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Windhorst is the BIGGEST Cavs homer in the world.
Sucks LeBrons balls from team to team.
For him to publicly put it on the record it must be true.
Probably is the reason that Wiggins name was included and not included so many times leading up to the trade.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably is the reason that Wiggins name was included and not included so many times leading up to the trade.

It's definitely true, this is nothing new. Every franchise consults their star players on moves that may affect the team, the difference with LeBron is that he can leave whenever he wants. If he's not getting what he wants then he's gone, there's no chance Cleveland goes against his wishes.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely true, this is nothing new. Every franchise consults their star players on moves that may affect the team, the difference with LeBron is that he can leave whenever he wants. If he's not getting what he wants then he's gone, there's no chance Cleveland goes against his wishes.

This would be totally different though.
This would be a case of James shipping off a player just because he refused to sign with his agent/posse.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Is Lebron officially calling the shots? No, he's not the GM. However, Lebron is telling them who to get/using veto power on any move they make. His 1 year opt out and him stating "no more long term deals" is his "sword of Damocles" that he has hanging over the Cavs head if/when they piss him off or refuse to make a deal that he wants.