• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

well played ESPN:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually some pretty good stat pulling and research thar. +1 to the yankee fheg until someone can prove those stats wrong.
Why would we waste the time? SEC is the best ... we know it, you know it, everyone knows it. Simply bow down to your superiors.

Because the anti-SEC threads have become so voluminous and tiresome, this is the only way to respond any more.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is funny is that ESPN is run by white progressives but their cash cow is a bunch of down home country folk from the South, which white progressives are supposed to despise

or it just fits into the Progressives Plantation mentality
Smart people from the New York metro area have always known how to make money off folks in flyover country. I mean, they fucking founded Chicago just to do that.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mississippi state was 7-0. sure they hadn't beaten anyone. but guess what? neither has/had louisville, ohio state, baylor, or texas tech this season and they are/were there. arkansas was preseason top 10 in 2012, and fell out of the top 26 after a week or 2 and has yet to return.
And that's why I didn't buy Louisville this year, have my doubts about Baylor (though they are crushing their easy opponents at least) and I don't think Texas Tech will finish in the top 20.

Ohio State has beaten Wisconsin and Northwestern on the road, both of which are much better teams than their rankings (NW lost to Minnesota because of key injuries, Wisconsin will probably win out and should finish in the top 15). And this is their second straight year of being unbeaten, with a pretty similar roster.

Arkansas... you're just proving my point. Why do you think they were a preseason top 10?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know Jackie Gleason was gay? I'm sure you do...perhaps you sucked his balls at some point and washed it all down with a Dr. Pepper.

EVERYTIME I see this moron post I can't help but laugh...:laugh3:

:wtf::L

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know Jackie Gleason was gay? I'm sure you do...perhaps you sucked his balls at some point and washed it all down with a Dr. Pepper.

EVERYTIME I see this moron post I can't help but laugh...:laugh3:

giphy.gif

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart people from the New York metro area have always known how to make money off folks in flyover country. I mean, they fucking founded Chicago just to do that.

feel sorry for people like this who have forgot or never known what life truly is.

I live in Oregon and I guarantee I am every bit as happy as anyone in NYC.

Its all perception man.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is true, the suits in NYC and or Bristol know what to sell. Just find the elitist attitude towards where one lives very egotistical and short sighted.

Have you considered most people who live in Oregon and I assume the South would rather die than live in NYC?

Life is what you make it. I had an opportunity to take a major career advancement and move to Chicago.

No way in hell, love my outdoor sports and quality of life too much to trade it in for a rat race lifestyle.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is true, the suits in NYC and or Bristol know what to sell. Just find the elitist attitude towards where one lives very egotistical and short sighted.

Have you considered most people who live in Oregon and I assume the South would rather die than live in NYC?

Life is what you make it. I had an opportunity to take a major career advancement and move to Chicago.

No way in hell, love my outdoor sports and quality of life too much to trade it in for a rat race lifestyle.

No question, along with several other cities up that way.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feel sorry for people like this who have forgot or never known what life truly is.

I live in Oregon and I guarantee I am every bit as happy as anyone in NYC.

Its all perception man.
When did I ever say anything about people in NYC being happy?

I'll probably go back there at some point (if you're lucky enough to be successful and can afford it, it's hard for anywhere else to match), but I still felt like this sometimes:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/84-million-new-yorkers-suddenly-realize-new-york-c,18003/

NYC is not a happy, easygoing city. It is an intense hive of competition that demands your best, and will spit you right out if you can't deliver. That's why most people leave within 3 years.

To quote John Steinbeck:

"New York is an ugly city, a dirty city. Its climate is a scandal, its politics are used to frighten children, its traffic is madness, its competition murderous. But there is one thing about it - once you have lived in New York and it has become your home, no place else is good enough."

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's why I didn't buy Louisville this year, have my doubts about Baylor (though they are crushing their easy opponents at least) and I don't think Texas Tech will finish in the top 20.

Ohio State has beaten Wisconsin and Northwestern on the road, both of which are much better teams than their rankings (NW lost to Minnesota because of key injuries, Wisconsin will probably win out and should finish in the top 15). And this is their second straight year of being unbeaten, with a pretty similar roster.

Arkansas... you're just proving my point. Why do you think they were a preseason top 10?

N. Illinois, also undefeated beat Iowa @ Iowa. Ohio St beat Iowa in Columbus.

N. Illinois also beat Purdue as handily or worse than any B-one-G team and Notre Dame beat them.

Notre Dame >>> Ariz St>>> Wisconsin.

If you're going to rank Ohio St top 5, you can use the same justification to rank N. Illinois top 5. I have N. Illinois and Ohio St ranked similar, as their resumes are similar.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree 100%. i could live anywhere i want, but choose to live in lower Georgia(permanent residence) because when I am home and not working i can open the windows and listen to the sound of boats running the lake, birds, other wildlife that is plentiful around my house and best of all, i dont have to put up with some stuffy asshole looking down his nose at me because i am not like him. Quality of life is too important to pass it up.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N. Illinois, also undefeated beat Iowa @ Iowa. Ohio St beat Iowa in Columbus.

N. Illinois also beat Purdue as handily or worse than any B-one-G team and Notre Dame beat them.

Notre Dame >>> Ariz St>>> Wisconsin.

If you're going to rank Ohio St top 5, you can use the same justification to rank N. Illinois top 5. I have N. Illinois and Ohio St ranked similar, as their resumes are similar.
But I don't rank teams entirely based on resume halfway through the season, because that's stupid.

You have to use a combination of record, strength of schedule, how they win, level of talent and the eye test.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I ever say anything about people in NYC being happy?

I'll probably go back there at some point (if you're lucky enough to be successful and can afford it, it's hard for anywhere else to match), but I still felt like this sometimes:

8.4 Million New Yorkers Suddenly Realize New York City A Horrible Place To Live | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

NYC is not a happy, easygoing city. It is an intense hive of competition that demands your best, and will spit you right out if you can't deliver. That's why most people leave within 3 years.

I know all about it. I worked for a $4 billion dollar a year corporate America company for nearly 10 years. Left that job and went to work for a Chicago based company.

I know what NYC is like. And it isnt for me. You can be successful out here and make a lot of money. Tech companies like Intel, progressive solar companies, Nike. All of these businesses are incredible to work for. Huge forest like campuses with fantastic benefits. The stress level just doesnt exist. And you get to live in the Pacific Wonderland.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know all about it. I worked for a $4 billion dollar a year corporate America company for nearly 10 years. Left that job and went to work for a Chicago based company.

I know what NYC is like. And it isnt for me. You can be successful out here and make a lot of money. Tech companies like Intel, progressive solar companies, Nike. All of these businesses are incredible to work for. Huge forest like campuses with fantastic benefits. The stress level just doesnt exist. And you get to live in the Pacific Tree Hugger Land.

FIFY :laugh3:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I don't rank teams entirely based on resume halfway through the season, because that's stupid.

You have to use a combination of record, strength of schedule, how they win, level of talent and the eye test.

You use name and conference recognition, because most everything else is similar. You know damn well a highly ranked Ohio St makes Wisconsin's 7 pt loss to them makes Wisky look better. Ariz St's loss to Notre Dame and drubbing to Stanford takes away from Wisconsin.