• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well, no one can blame Cutler for this one...

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing is if we did go the distance next season with Cutler everyone will be saying Jay FOR Mayor.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when the running game is working why throw it?

Uhhhh.......3rd and 3 from GBs 8.

Who the hell runs in that situation any more?
Granted he got the first down,but I think they were hoping at the least we come away with 3 and not throwing an interception.
hell there was the thought of him fumbling it away not trusting the o-line possibly.But something didn`t seem right with that play.
Besides for anyone who watched that game,they would know that the announcers noticed he wasn`t passing much.I think there was more to it than most think.

And ass for 55s answer..........Even tho we ran the ball effectively,you still need the passing game.......

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess your assumptions were wrong. Your arguements are invalid

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhh.......3rd and 3 from GBs 8.

Who the hell runs in that situation any more?
Granted he got the first down,but I think they were hoping at the least we come away with 3 and not throwing an interception.
hell there was the thought of him fumbling it away not trusting the o-line possibly.But something didn`t seem right with that play.
Besides for anyone who watched that game,they would know that the announcers noticed he wasn`t passing much.I think there was more to it than most think.

And ass for 55s answer..........Even tho we ran the ball effectively,you still need the passing game.......

Neither team passed much. Maaaaybe, it's because bothe teams run-defenses suck balls? :noidea:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo, does this mean 7 years of listening to Dangerous Kitchen and likes bitch and moan?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you know i got your back on the hawks board but cant agree with you here.you can lose just about the whole defense as far as i am concerned short of peanut and jennings and bostic. You let peppers go briggs to as far as i am concerned as he is at the end of the line regardless if he has 1 good year left. but you keep jay.I like josh as a backup but he is not someone that can get us where we need to be.Having said that i am not paying jay 20 million either,12-14 will be fine

Josh is talking retirement. We will see what this 7 year deal is, apparently its cap friendly, but I bet its still over 120 million. Jay is still gonna try to throw thru defenders and have picks, maybe watching some McCown film running this offense will show you dont have to throw the fastball every time to get yards. The threat of the arm is as good as having Hester sprint to the end zone to move defenders.

Slausen is back, Jennings signed for 4 years. Jennings will not be a number one if Tillman does not resign. Greene needs to play if he is the future so putting him on the other side of Briggs with Bostic could still be a plan. I still think Wooten has value in this system, playing inside and out like peppers did in his prime. I just cannot see bringing back everyone from the worst defense in bear history. Maybe they will have signs like philly has so everyone knows what they are supposed to do.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither team passed much. Maaaaybe, it's because bothe teams run-defenses suck balls? :noidea:

i think Rodgers threw 39 times............And Jay what 24 times.

And the reason he had that many was cause of the last drive of the game.......To be exact it was four passes.
Break that down and thats 5 per qtr. In a tight game,when we were doen 7-10 pts and we have the great Jay at helm,you throw more than 5xs per qtr.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^time of possession also has a bit to do with that

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^time of possession also has a bit to do with that

When you are down 7-10 pts,and you have jay at qb with these great recievers we have(no sarcasm) you need to throw the ball more.

I buy into ball control,but not when your down.
I really think Treatman was trying to limit his mistakes.......Either or that Trestman is a moron.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an absoulete fucking MORON.

i think Rodgers threw 39 times............And Jay what 24 times.

And the reason he had that many was cause of the last drive of the game.......To be exact it was four passes.
Break that down and thats 5 per qtr. In a tight game,when we were doen 7-10 pts and we have the great Jay at helm,you throw more than 5xs per qtr.

We were never down 7-10 at anytime during that game dipshit.:lame:

:wtf2:

:omg::gaah:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it was 6..my bad.:rollseyes:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears score first. 7-0 (+7)
packers. 7-3 (+4)
packers. 7-10 (-3)
packers. 7-13 (-6)
Bears. 14-13 (+1)
packers. 14-20(-6)
Bears. 21-20(+1)
Bears. 28-20(+8)
packers. 28-27(+1)
packers. 28-33(-5)

Thanks for proving my point!!!!!

:yahoo:

uhhh look above your post...........it was 6.
Thats one away from 7.
kinda looks to me that they were losing and needed to come from behind.
And to hardly throw any passes?

Something `s not right. :noidea:

You can tell me whatever you want too,but theres a reason why he threw 24 passes in the game.........And no it was not ball control,unless your like me that it was to keep the ball out of jays hands.
He`s notoriuos for not showing up in big games..............

C

cubzzzfanincali

wood, here is why I disagree with your assessment of this game. The Bears scored TDs on the first three drives in the second half, and there were 5 drives total in the second half (including the last drive of the game...all passes of course). The offense was pretty effective in the second half. It was the 2nd quarter where they were a little off...there were 3 drives, the first two in which we passed more than ran and it didn't get us anything, and then the third drive where it was starting to move until Jeffery fumbled the ball away (which isn't really on Cutler or the playcalling). The first quarter they scored a TD on one of the two drives. The rush game was averging 5.0 yards..pretty effective.

I don't know, I can't put this loss on the offense. Sorry, I just can't. Outside of the Jeffery fumble, they mostly played pretty well and effectively. The one play the offense really was screwy on was the unsucessful long drive in the 4th, and the main reason that failed was the terrible play call on 2nd and 12 where the ran with Forte and he lost five. OK, that was a bad call. But that's one call. One call does not generally cause a loss.

I'm looking a lot harder at (you guessed it) the defense. Cutler and the offense basically played OK. They scored 4 TDs in 10 drives. One of the other unsuccessful drives ended in a fumble by a WR (not really a "systematic" type of error). The defense, by contrast, again could not stop the run.

I don't love Cutler or hate him. I think the deal he signed is OK for the team. I wouldn't have cried if he left, but am fine that he is staying. He is not the problem with the current Bears. The current Bears problem is currently squarely on the front 7 of the defense. The Bears tied up big money and a lot of high draft picks on that front 7, and they couldn't stop the run, and they sucked in pass rushing.

Between Melton, Peppers, Briggs, Shea, there's something like $35 million in cap space consumed. Did they produce that in value? No. That's where the team, and w fans, should be focusing like a laser. This Cutler shit is a sideshow.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, these conversations are thought provoking but...

Cutler has signed a new contract and he is sticking around for a while. As Bear fans we need to put our support behind him and hope for the best.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are down 7-10 pts,and you have jay at qb with these great recievers we have(no sarcasm) you need to throw the ball more.

I buy into ball control,but not when your down.
I really think Treatman was trying to limit his mistakes.......Either or that Trestman is a moron.

Uh... the Bears led the majority of the second half. And the majority of the game.

And no, when you're facing an offense like GB/Rodgers. You want to keep them cold on the sidelines for as long as you can.

Not a single part of this argument makes sense. Not even a shred of it.