• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

well lets take stock

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am of the opinion that Rg3 should get as many reps as he can this season

some call it a waste i say there are 120 -170 snaps left and that is that range of opportunity to learn something

others say wait , lets give those snaps to KC so we can elevate his trade value , and see "what he has got "

lets not get our Franchise qb hurt .

boy if i am KC i feel like a lamb being led to the slaughter . dont let Rg3 get hurt but you can sacrifice me

ok so lets say they do exactly that . what do you want to see from KC ? i would say can he read defenses better . can he move the team better etc .

i feel for him because just to be in the game he will have to put up 32 points a game just to be in it because the rest of the team (def and St's ) will give up 31

so i am in the KC fan club for now if he is named the starter , and i root for 3 more wins from him

why you say ? because it hurts the team if he fails

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am of the opinion that Rg3 should get as many reps as he can this season

some call it a waste i say there are 120 -170 snaps left and that is that range of opportunity to learn something

others say wait , lets give those snaps to KC so we can elevate his trade value , and see "what he has got "

lets not get our Franchise qb hurt .

boy if i am KC i feel like a lamb being led to the slaughter . dont let Rg3 get hurt but you can sacrifice me

ok so lets say they do exactly that . what do you want to see from KC ? i would say can he read defenses better . can he move the team better etc .

i feel for him because just to be in the game he will have to put up 32 points a game just to be in it because the rest of the team (def and St's ) will give up 31

so i am in the KC fan club for now if he is named the starter , and i root for 3 more wins from him

why you say ? because it hurts the team if he fails

I am for sitting RG3 because he's suffered 2 major knee injuries in 3 years and I think it's better to play it safe with nothing to play for and with the O-line getting him killed back there.

Give Cousins some reps because they will mean a lot more to him. I still don't want to trade him because I think having a backup QB is very valuable... but if we get a great offer for him, maybe you consider it.

Nothing great is going to happen for us the rest of the season either way. RG3 getting hurt again would be a nightmare. We pushed it last year, I say play it safe this year.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, regardless of the Shanny nightmare, I am for starting Cousins. Especially after listening to Cooley today. Don't think live reps overcome the negatives anymore. Go Capt Kirk.

I love and support my skins, F the circus.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, regardless of the Shanny nightmare, I am for starting Cousins. Especially after listening to Cooley today. Don't think live reps overcome the negatives anymore. Go Capt Kirk.

I love and support my skins, F the circus.

I was also listening to Cooley. He made some good points. He pointed out that all RG3 is doing know is ingraining bad habits. Sometimes it's better to step back, regroup, and refocus out of the heat. I'm coming around that it might not be all that bad to sit him.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was also listening to Cooley. He made some good points. He pointed out that all RG3 is doing know is ingraining bad habits. Sometimes it's better to step back, regroup, and refocus out of the heat. I'm coming around that it might not be all that bad to sit him.

The ingrained bad habits was the kicker for me.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well now i dont think cooley is right . i watched the 1st half of the giants game and he did all the things we wanted from him except when he took off down field he didnt look to pass

those are things that can be reinforced , and the latter worked on during game conditions

you cant get better standing on the sidelines and these game speed reps with nothing on the line for us are opportunities to experiment and learn

however what i say here means little

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well now i dont think cooley is right. i watched the 1st half of the giants game and he did all the things we wanted from him except when he took off down field he didnt look to pass

those are things that can be reinforced , and the latter worked on during game conditions

you cant get better standing on the sidelines and these game speed reps with nothing on the line for us are opportunities to experiment and learn

however what i say here means little

Different opinions are all good. I respect that. I agree because of how he assessed the Oline and how griff is developing behind it. As that's not likely to change this season (we've seen no attempt to change scheme consistently), I see little benefit and more negatives now.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason to start KC is...you don't feel RG3 is your future. Here's the reasoning:

1) KC comes in and plays well- You have just destroyed the confidence of RG3. His back up came in and succeeded where RG3 had failed. Whether you trade KC or not, RG3 will feel inferior. I do not believe RG3 has the psyche to use that as motivation.

2) KC come and plays poorly- Any possible trade value is destroyed but more importantly, RG3 feels superior and doesn't learn a damn thing. He isn't humbled and doesn't learn the importance of film study.

What should we do then:

1) Simplify the plays and use this time to teach RG3 about his weaknesses. Get him to learn to read the defenses pre-snap and what to key on before the ball is snapped. Get him to understand to trust his pre-snap reads but to have a plan if the guy he keys on pre-snap acts differently than expected. It's step by step.

2) Work to mend the rift that's already started between the coach(es) and player.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What should we do then:

1) Simplify the plays and use this time to teach RG3 about his weaknesses. Get him to learn to read the defenses pre-snap and what to key on before the ball is snapped. Get him to understand to trust his pre-snap reads but to have a plan if the guy he keys on pre-snap acts differently than expected. It's step by step.

2) Work to mend the rift that's already started between the coach(es) and player.

1). We haven't done a good job with developing Griff yet with this coaching staff or scheme (granted Griff plays a large role in this too), so why would You believe it would be different for the last 3 games?

2). That ship sailed this past Sun.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year 1- They did a great job developing RG3.

Year 2- They couldn't develop RG3 in the offseason because he wasn't cleared to play.

The last three games shouldn't be about winning...it should be about making RG3 a better QB in the long run.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year 1- They did a great job developing RG3.

Year 2- They couldn't develop RG3 in the offseason because he wasn't cleared to play.

The last three games shouldn't be about winning...it should be about making RG3 a better QB in the long run.

Wasn't speaking of year 1 at all.

Agree regarding the offseason.

Don't disagree about the last three games, but not convinced the live reps overcome the negatives, given coaching relationships, scheme and ingraining bad habits.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should trade RG3 now . he cant read defenses because he didnt take care of his craft enough to study in the offense

plus he cant stay out of the owners office so we have that issue to deal with

best to trade him now while his value is up

no coach can run a team if the star player is running to the owner causing havoc

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your last sentence. I'm shocked you don't agree with it.

How would that go over in the Army? A Captain gives an order to a LT to take his squad to secure a hill. The LT isn't keen about the idea because, well, there is enemy on that hill and they have guns. So the LT goes to the General to complain about the order, saying he is uncomfortable with it.

What happens to the LT?

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason to start KC is...you don't feel RG3 is your future. Here's the reasoning:

1) KC comes in and plays well- You have just destroyed the confidence of RG3. His back up came in and succeeded where RG3 had failed. Whether you trade KC or not, RG3 will feel inferior. I do not believe RG3 has the psyche to use that as motivation.

2) KC come and plays poorly- Any possible trade value is destroyed but more importantly, RG3 feels superior and doesn't learn a damn thing. He isn't humbled and doesn't learn the importance of film study.

What should we do then:

If all it takes for RG3's confidence to be shot is KC coming in and doing well, then the scouting department should ALSO receive their pink slips this offseason.

Similarly, if KC stinking it up is all it takes for RG3 to not learn anything, in your words, then the scouting department should be fired this offseason.

I don't think rg3 is as shallow as you do, geekoa. I think he's an extremely prideful young man with prodigious talent and a rock-solid background who is learning to handle himself when things don't go his way.

Why you always think the worst of certain players I'd like to say is beyond me, but it isn't, considering how idiotic your opinions are on other subjects.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your last sentence. I'm shocked you don't agree with it.

How would that go over in the Army? A Captain gives an order to a LT to take his squad to secure a hill. The LT isn't keen about the idea because, well, there is enemy on that hill and they have guns. So the LT goes to the General to complain about the order, saying he is uncomfortable with it.

What happens to the LT?

well if we are talking about what you are talking about , questioning a lawful order then you have an issue however at galloppoli that issue came up and the incompetent cpt was relieved . if you dont know about galloppoli look it up

but Rg3 's situation is more akin to this

the Lt complains to his capt that his family hasnt been paid for 3 months the cpt says be patient and it will come

a month passes and nothing happens . the general comes to his on base housing and asks are you doing well can i help you with something . the Lt responds he hasnt been paid in 4 months . the general then takes him to finance and gets him his money and then confronts the cpt about how to take care of his officers

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not familiar with Gallipoli so I will look it up. But I still have issues with your example. The LT has other options. He has some sort of HR.

RG3 should have gone to his position coach. He should have gone to Kyle. He should have then gone to mike. If he doesn't get anywhere, he pulls himself, saying he isn't healthy enough to run the scheme being called.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the only thing I agree with.

talk to GK , he convinced me that RG3 is a spoiled POS and that he is unsalvageable

also talk to shark and deanpet but they have convinced me that Rg3 is a bust, and that we need to salvage what we can

tomorrow i will come up with my new off season plan to fix this team :suds:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talk to GK , he convinced me that RG3 is a spoiled POS and that he is unsalvageable

also talk to shark and deanpet but they have convinced me that Rg3 is a bust, and that we need to salvage what we can

tomorrow i will come up with my new off season plan to fix this team :suds:

I'll respond to you and say I haven't given up on Griff at all. Yes he has not had a good year, but his struggles seem fixable to me. I maintain it's way too early for any long term assessment.