• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

well lets take stock

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah let KC be the sacrificial lamb and save RG3's trade value

and tell me how is trading RG3 compounding our problems for a new HC ? getting picks for a rebuild is a good thing

imagine what we could have had if we didnt make the trade and how better off we would be with 2 good o/lineman and another 1st rounder to use on yet another starter

now apply that now

Would you give up that much for him right now?? Seriously?? BEST case..BEST is we get a mid first and another first next year. With that we take an O-lineman this year, and start Cousins... if the new coach wants him.

Some times you do just have to live with a rash decision and work your way out of it. Not make another rash decision on top of it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you give up that much for him right now?? Seriously?? BEST case..BEST is we get a mid first and another first next year. With that we take an O-lineman this year, and start Cousins... if the new coach wants him.

Some times you do just have to live with a rash decision and work your way out of it. Not make another rash decision on top of it.

i think the jags are in the market for a qb as are the raiders , browns perhaps rams bucs texans

so there is a market out there for a former PB . ROY , record setting qb

i am sure a 1st ,and a second are in play at the very least and at least some 3-7 picks

now i am the new coach of the skins . i have no horse in the Rg3 trade but i have a good qb in KC and i need some picks for a guy we all know is mike vick lite

i make the trade and get MY players

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the jags are in the market for a qb as are the raiders , browns perhaps rams bucs texans

so there is a market out there for a former PB . ROY , record setting qb

i am sure a 1st ,and a second are in play at the very least and at least some 3-7 picks

now i am the new coach of the skins . i have no horse in the Rg3 trade but i have a good qb in KC and i need some picks for a guy we all know is mike vick lite

i make the trade and get MY players

There is no way Snyder is hiring any GM or coach that is trading away RG3.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... you do realize that the main reason I began to loathe Campbell as our QB, and that I seriously question RG3's ability to be more than average is your undieing homerism for all things redskins QB related right??

Since we are being honest and all.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way Snyder is hiring any GM or coach that is trading away RG3.

you are missing the point of this whole exercise

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... you do realize that the main reason I began to loathe Campbell as our QB, and that I seriously question RG3's ability to be more than average is your undieing homerism for all things redskins QB related right??

Since we are being honest and all.

geez , then i should hate on everything qb related then :laugh3:

let me spell it out for you . my belief is you give the guy every chance to succeed . you misunderstand support for blind homerism

i supported JC and when it became clear he wouldnt do then i went with stop gap him . if we did then we would have saved the picks we gave up for DMAC and could have addressed the o/line

you somehow after 2 seasons believe that Rg3 is mike vick lite . you dont take into account the injury the sad state of the team in all areas and you went to doom and gloomville

is it really so bad to give the guy an offseason , let him get the film and class work , reps etc he didnt get and see if he gets it

you really dont see him as a smart , hard working guys who oozes talent ?

see i think you and i bought into the 1st week all in hype and when it didnt happen like we thought it would you and i had different reactions

you blamed Rg3 for letting you down and all the smack talk about Romo may have made you felt like Rg3 let you down and you were mad about it .hence all the name calling threads etc

me i said to myself i should have seen this coming . it was way to much to expect him to do all that i said i was at fault for having those expectations and lets see if he he has a great 3rd year

i am not a sky is falling person . i dont believe that being negative makes you smarter

no one on this board can ever argue that they know more football or redskins football then you or me . you and i have forgotten more about that then most will ever know

it is not in me to get beat down sometimes that means i am the last guy in the room to "see the light "

i know that , but dont you think it is way too early to throw in the towel or even proclaim anything ?

i had some people going about my "new attitude " but it was to make a point

if you arent all in with Rg3 then get rid of him and move on i will go with the flow

heck i have PDAY trying to encourage me :laugh3:

i believe we should give Rg3 all the reps we can . he can step back at the end of the season

now if we play KC then fine , Rg3 is healthy and we go on and that tells me that shanny is full of shit
because he knows he is gone

i believe Rg3 went to the owners office and talked to him about the team . i dont believe he is getting preferred treatment

i believe the end of last season damaged RG3 and the staffs relationship

i believe snyder has given shanny everything he has asked for and for the most part has stayed out of day to day operations

i believe that RG3 is unhappy with play calling and i believe he would "go to war " with his teamates

i believe the washington press corp is full of BS and openly root for the failure of snyder and the team

i believe that RG3 has the potential to be a stellar players

i believe he could ruin it if he isnt careful

now after this if you feel that RG3 wasnt worth the price and doesnt have the potential to be worth it then we should cut ties right away and move toward the real answer :suds:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... thing is, it comes off like when I questioned the existence of an afterlife. I had multiple people go in on how I basically had to believe or I was damned. Which basically made me question more to the point where well, you know my feelings on that now. I admit he was stellar last year. But after this year you cant blaim one for questioning the ultimate value of the trade. Especially some one who had serious doubts about if he was worth it to begin with. If some one has second thoughts, they are allowed to have them. And it just might irratate the fuck out of some of us to have every question reasoned and rashioned out, because then it all begins to sound like excuses.And honestly makes some of us look for reasons why he will fail at this point.

I believe he falls some where in between a complete and utter mistake and the frachise QB many claim. I have stated my reasons for why I think he could ultimately be a GOOD QB and the trade still an utter failure. the inbetween is why you dont cut ties, but its also why you have to have a backup plan as well.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad

You support a player by cheering for them...not making excuses for them.

You support a player by cheering for them...being critical and calling out faults is not unsupportive. I will not support bad habits and misplaced effort.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Cousins start for these reasons. He played in a pro style offense in college. Not a pro offense but a traditional drop offense. I would like to see if he executes the offense better than what we have seen lately. Notice I am not saying he is better than Griffin, just that I would like to see Cousins get a chance to see where we stand overall. If there is going to be a new coach next year then it won't hurt Robert to miss three games with Kyle and Mike. He will have to learn an entire new offense next year.

SaintGibbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm completely behind RGIII. He's had a bad year, which was compounded by dysfunction at every level within the organization. We saw what he was capable of last year when he was afforded some protection and the play-calling was able to keep defenses on their toes. We've lost games because of Robert's poor play, terrible special teams, the defense sieve, the offense, the coaching and because of penalties.

I'd like to see Robert play this weekend in Atlanta. I'd like to believe that our next three games are all winnable. If Robert shows poorly, or takes another 4 or 5 sacks, then by all means pull him for the remainder of the season.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... thing is, it comes off like when I questioned the existence of an afterlife. I had multiple people go in on how I basically had to believe or I was damned. Which basically made me question more to the point where well, you know my feelings on that now. I admit he was stellar last year. But after this year you cant blaim one for questioning the ultimate value of the trade. Especially some one who had serious doubts about if he was worth it to begin with. If some one has second thoughts, they are allowed to have them. And it just might irratate the fuck out of some of us to have every question reasoned and rashioned out, because then it all begins to sound like excuses.And honestly makes some of us look for reasons why he will fail at this point.

I believe he falls some where in between a complete and utter mistake and the frachise QB many claim. I have stated my reasons for why I think he could ultimately be a GOOD QB and the trade still an utter failure. the inbetween is why you dont cut ties, but its also why you have to have a backup plan as well.

i dont BLAME anyone for questioning the trade . i just feel that statements were made that meant he was given up on as a franchise qb after a season that was a total disaster for the team . sure question all you want but you and others have ruled out he will be anything more then mike vick lite

that isnt "questioning" anything , that is already making up your mind , and if that is the case then i am on board and the best thing is to trade him now while he has worth

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont BLAME anyone for questioning the trade . i just feel that statements were made that meant he was given up on as a franchise qb after a season that was a total disaster for the team . sure question all you want but you and others have ruled out he will be anything more then mike vick lite

that isnt "questioning" anything , that is already making up your mind , and if that is the case then i am on board and the best thing is to trade him now while he has worth

Dad.. we both can tend to be a bit extreme in our Views. You assume and have defended him as a franchise QB even when his play clearly points to average.

I call him Mike Vick Lite ( and by the way thats more to say he has the talent and ability, but I dont expect him to do jail time for dog fighting. BAckhanded complement at its best).

Truth is he is some where in the middle right now. He has all the physical tools in the world. He has the drive and desire. Mentally...... from a person standpoint, boy does have an ego. But I dont doubt he CAN become a complete QB. I do doubt he WILL if its not made a priority. And right now he does rely more on his physical gifts.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Cousins start for these reasons. He played in a pro style offense in college. Not a pro offense but a traditional drop offense. I would like to see if he executes the offense better than what we have seen lately. Notice I am not saying he is better than Griffin, just that I would like to see Cousins get a chance to see where we stand overall. If there is going to be a new coach next year then it won't hurt Robert to miss three games with Kyle and Mike. He will have to learn an entire new offense next year.

we should trade Rg3 because in essence you are saying he isnt the answer , all this other stuff is lipstick on a pig

we dont need to "see' where we stand overall . they staff KNOWS what they have in both qbs so the question begs , do you think Rg3 has the goods ? if you dont then we dont have a qb

now if you want to protect Rg3 and give him a real off season and expect that will fly then i am on board .

but i believe Rg3 needs the game reps butn hey if KC gets in there i will be behind him !00% because if he fails then we fail

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad.. we both can tend to be a bit extreme in our Views. You assume and have defended him as a franchise QB even when his play clearly points to average.

I call him Mike Vick Lite ( and by the way thats more to say he has the talent and ability, but I dont expect him to do jail time for dog fighting. BAckhanded complement at its best).

Truth is he is some where in the middle right now. He has all the physical tools in the world. He has the drive and desire. Mentally...... from a person standpoint, boy does have an ego. But I dont doubt he CAN become a complete QB. I do doubt he WILL if its not made a priority. And right now he does rely more on his physical gifts.

most young qbs revert to what they do best when they arent reading the defense and know what its doing to them . Rg3 's legs are his best asset at this time in his mind

i expect that will change with time and experience and some decent people around him and at that time we will see the stellar qb he can be