• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well it looks like the Seahawks....

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
made an excellent trade. Right now.

They just got to keep Geno from borrowing money from his Linebackers & the Hawks are golden.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
made an excellent trade. Right now.

They just got to keep Geno from borrowing money from his Linebackers & the Hawks are golden.
We saw a little bit of decline in Russ but I didn't think he'd fall off the mountain this quick.
Geno's done well but I want to roll the dice on one of them top QB prospects on a cheap contract.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wonder what went down in the locker room with Wilson and the team. Carroll saying: "It's more than one guy, you figure it out." Sherman absolutely elated that the Broncos lost tonight and Wilson looked like crap, Duane Brown (all pro LT) visibly yelling at Wilson on the field, Hamlin now yelling at Wilson, 'team 3' throwing the OL under the bus.... that shit doesn't just happen.

I think the whole Seattle organization was basically like, "FUCK you dude." and I think the rumors about Schneider trying to trade to get Allen or Mahomes is 100% true at this point.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dumb and dumber GIF

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wonder what went down in the locker room with Wilson and the team. Carroll saying: "It's more than one guy, you figure it out." Sherman absolutely elated that the Broncos lost tonight and Wilson looked like crap, Duane Brown (all pro LT) visibly yelling at Wilson on the field, Hamlin now yelling at Wilson, 'team 3' throwing the OL under the bus.... that shit doesn't just happen.

I think the whole Seattle organization was basically like, "FUCK you dude." and I think the rumors about Schneider trying to trade to get Allen or Mahomes is 100% true at this point.
I think the whole Hollywood scene has changed Russ for the worst. He was always tagged in his early years as first in the door last to leave and you stopped hearing that after he got married. I think his ego inflated to heights that the team got tired of.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it now

With the first pick in the NFL Draft. The Seattle Seahawks Select CJ Stroud QB Ohio State

With the second pick in the NFL draft the Seattle Seahawks select Will Anderson Edge Rusher Alabama

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole Hollywood scene has changed Russ for the worst. He was always tagged in his early years as first in the door last to leave and you stopped hearing that after he got married. I think his ego inflated to heights that the team got tired of.
But his self promotion has made him a very rich man thanks to this new contract

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm assuming (and that's a big assumption) that's what happened. But you listen to former Seattle players (hell even new ones) and how they speak about him, it's pretty clear something went awry. Also, what was really weird in the Broncos/Seahawks game, usually you see guys on the team, crew, trainers, etc. all gathering around a former player (especially a QB) to wish them the best and congratulate them, etc. This was the case with Brady/Manning, etc. For the first few moments after the game, Wilson was just out there by himself, nobody from Seattle's staff wanted anything to do with him. Carroll barely looked him in the eye.... Jesus even Bill BEEEEEEEEEEEEELICHICK had more heart with Brady.

Again, let bygones be bygones, but that locker room was not in a healthy state with Wilson IMO. And then his whole stupid team 3 shit, where they were coming out saying Wilson can't win MVP with Seattle and the OL sucks? Yah, since when the fuck has that ever worked? Especially when you're holding onto the ball borderline longest of any QB in the league as well as dropping 10 yards on every play and refusing to throw to WIDE OPEN receivers over the middle of the field?

I'm not sure when it all started, I think it started shortly after the 2nd Super Bowl loss.... because in 2018 when Schneider was scouting Allen and considering trading Russ (I 100% believe that was a thing), I think it all came to a boiling point.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh for sure, nobody is denying that. Guy gets to drive around Tesla's, live in a mansion, and bang a piece of silicone every night. Grats.
I heard Silicone is bad for Sharks

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw a little bit of decline in Russ but I didn't think he'd fall off the mountain this quick.
Geno's done well but I want to roll the dice on one of them top QB prospects on a cheap contract.
Little bit of decline? Some of you Hawk fans been in denial, he has held you back for years now.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But his self promotion has made him a very rich man thanks to this new contract
It has because his life after football he wants to be an owner/part owner of a team, if that's still true. That takes a lot of money for it to happen.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little bit of decline? Some of you Hawk fans been in denial, he has held you back for years now.
I disagree he held us back for years. He did put the team on his back to win games when the LOB split up. Past couple of seasons I do agree with you.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the biggest fleeced trades of all time. At least looks that way early.

We've also seen Wilson turn things around after shaky starts in several seasons.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say all those he sacks he took in his career had an impact on who he is as a player now.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say all those he sacks he took in his career had an impact on who he is as a player now.

I'd argue (and of course I don't have any evidence of this, just from watching games) at least 1/4 if not 1/3 of those sacks are on Wilson himself.

Wilson was incredible as a QB when he had mobility and his legs to extend plays. Very dangerous QB. He was also very smart with how he scrambled and avoided major hits. That's.... just kind of gone now. He's not an elite pocket passer, doesn't have great vision, it's never been there. One HELL of an arm (at least before a finger and shoulder injury) and in the past incredible mobility...... but that's gone.

It's just not a sustainable model, now. It's not a surprise to us Seahawks fans, several of us said it numerous times during the trade, I was one of the few that graded the trade favorable for Seattle. You say the early sacks impacted his career, but a lot of that was on Wilson and his playstyle. Smith with two rookie OTs has taken far less QB hits/sacks than Wilson and yah you could argue "Well maybe the two rookies are what they needed" but they had an all pro left tackle who was visibly yelling at Wilson multiple times last season, so yah... not buying that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah but Schneider explained those actions, which was the first real time anyone brought up no team has won a Super Bowl with 12% of their cap being their QB.

This vindicates the trades but damn it sucks thinking the Seahawks could’ve continued their dynasty drafting Geno instead of extending Russell.