• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well heres OU's new Defensive staff

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Grinch - DC and safeties coach
Roy Manning - CB coach
Brian Odom - ILB coach
Ruffin McNeill - OLB coach
Calvin Thibodeaux - DL coach

tOSU fans, what do you think of Grinch?
UCLA fans, Roy Manning? I read he can recruit well?
Brian Odom from Mizzu... Tiger fans, was he good?

God I hope we can at least be top 50 on D next season lol

Stop worrying about coaches. It all starts with talent. All these coaches are good. It's the same with every team for the most part. You have to have talent on the field for them to coach to be successful. IT STARTS WITH TALENT, NOT COACHES!

Ok, I'm done with my rant.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop worrying about coaches. It all starts with talent. All these coaches are good. It's the same with every team for the most part. You have to have talent on the field for them to coach to be successful. IT STARTS WITH TALENT, NOT COACHES!

Well I would certainly see we’ve been under performing for our talent level. That’s all coaching and culture.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to have been a Leach recommendation probably.
One big upside to getting someone that had to coach defense with Leach is they've already had to deal with an offense that can put the defense on the field for extended periods of time. So this group shouldn't be whining about that. They've dealt with it already. JMO.

tOSUstate

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually it's a combination of both.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opposing schemes rarely work.
It's how this group blends.

It's Lincoln Rileys first major hires.
He has the Oklahoma credit cards, just hope he's using them well.

I'm banking on the defense being better next year.

Well, it literally cannot be worse.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruffin McNeill staying gives me pause. Why? Recruiting? Doubt it. Great coach? No. Buddy with Lincoln? Now when did that ever happen at OU before? We'll see..............

Proud_Okie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruffin McNeill staying gives me pause. Why? Recruiting? Doubt it. Great coach? No. Buddy with Lincoln? Now when did that ever happen at OU before? We'll see..............
This.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I wouldn't put TOO much stock into this season to say he can't be very successful(he did well at Washington State). I don't think he's a great recruiter though and he didn't put much effort into recruiting Texas(which has recently become a Buckeye pipeline and a DEFINITE OU pipeline). Hell we even had a prospect beg Ohio State to recruit him since Grinch didn't even attempt to:

5-star prospect asks Ohio State to recruit him after Grinch exit

He's probably looking for somebody to step up & offer to pay for his tattoos.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not always a good thing. Coaching is a fraternity and sometimes loyalty to friends gets in the way of quality.

Or of doing the right thing. Just ask Urban Meyer.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, that's why USC has been such a runaway success these last few years? LMAO.

Jtrain80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The talent has to pan out also. 5* athletes w 2* brains & attitude happen all the time

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s almost mathematically impossible to get much worse. :stephena:
Well if your offense is not scoring on nearly every possession, it most definitely can get worse.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Player development? Scheme? Recruiting?

We never once adjusted to the slant pass against Bama. The burned us the 1st play for 50 yards and we let them have it ALL Game long.

I doubt Calvin Thibodeaux, is in Norman much longer, I'm surprised he is still around. LR must be giving him a few extra weeks to find a spot.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player development? Scheme? Recruiting?

We never once adjusted to the slant pass against Bama. The burned us the 1st play for 50 yards and we let them have it ALL Game long.

I doubt Calvin Thibodeaux, is in Norman much longer, I'm surprised he is still around. LR must be giving him a few extra weeks to find a spot.

Thibs isn’t going anywhere. He’s been handcuffed by a garbage two gap scheme and he’s recruited well. He’s going to get a chance under Grinch.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. The majority of the starters on our defense were Charlie Strong's players and were part of some of the worst defenses in school history. Orlando turned that around. It starts with coaching, IMO.....

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you are replacing a Heisman winning quarterback with someone who has shown issues with throwing the ball, so it is not very far fetched to believe that the offense will not be as efficient as a historically efficient offense. That will put more stress and wear on the defense and they will tire out more.

scopes_monkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I wouldn't put TOO much stock into this season to say he can't be very successful(he did well at Washington State). I don't think he's a great recruiter though and he didn't put much effort into recruiting Texas(which has recently become a Buckeye pipeline and a DEFINITE OU pipeline). Hell we even had a prospect beg Ohio State to recruit him since Grinch didn't even attempt to:

5-star prospect asks Ohio State to recruit him after Grinch exit
That's okay OU only recruits offensive players. Defense is 100% walk-ons if I had to guess based on stats.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not always a good thing. Coaching is a fraternity and sometimes loyalty to friends gets in the way of quality.

Bob Stoops to a T.

Hopefully Riley is not that stubborn. Personally, I think he would have gotten rid of Mike Stoops earlier, if he hadn't been a Stoops, but who knows...