• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Mid-Summer Big Board

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is stuck at 3 commits for the 2020 cycle but there are surely more to come. As June marks the start of the camp circuit and the push right before the July dead period, expect some more commitments before July... but who are the names to look out for? We got you covered:

1. Xavier Watts (3-Star, WR) [Omaha, NE] - Nebraska was able to lock down the state and the Omaha metro last class and seeks to do the same here, but Watts has serious interest in Notre Dame as well. This one could be a battle for a while but it's between Nebraska and Notre Dame right now with no guarantees that Nebraska will win out.
2. Nash Hutmacher (3-Star, NT) [Sioux Falls, SD] - Hutmacher visited Nebraska officially in April and has a great relationship with the coaches. He has since been out to Oregon and Wisconsin on official visits as well. He is set to announce in July, it seems to be between Nebraska and Wisconsin currently.
3. Blaise Gunnerson (3-Star, OLB) [Carroll, IA] - Gunnerson will be visiting Nebraska this weekend officially and Nebraska will try to tie up the recruitment. Nebraska really likes his size and versatility at OLB... think Luke Gifford. Iowa State is the other team to watch in this one.
4. Cody Simon (4-Star, OLB) [Jersey City, NJ] - Simon visited officially last week and has Nebraska high on his list. Once thought to be a Notre Dame lock (he has a relative there), he is no longer considering the Irish. Nebraska, though, will have to fend off Penn State and, probably more so, Ohio State to get his commitment. Simon will be visiting Ohio State shortly and looks to make a decision prior to the fall.
5. Jamar Sekona (3-Star, NT) [Greenbrae, CA] - Sekona was once thought to be a Cal lock but the big name DT (only 0.016 points away from being a composite 4-star) started to consider Nebraska when Tuioti became the new DL coach at Nebraska in the spring. Cal is still in the picture but Nebraska could be in the driver's seat. He will be visiting with his mom in the fall sometime and likely pulls the trigger for Nebraska if mom approves.
6. Alex Conn (3-Star, OT) [Derby, KS] - Nebraska got the #1 player out of Kansas in Turner Corcoran earlier in this class and is looking to add Conn as the other Tackle to bookend the class with big time OT recruits. Conn is underrated by many recruiting sites and is seen as similar to Corcoran in talent and up side by the staffs at Nebraska, Kansas State and Kansas. Nebraska leads here.
7. Sevion Morrison (3-Star, RB) [Tulsa, OK] - The speedster from Tulsa could be a 4-star player when it's all said and done. Nebraska really likes him and he had almost 3,000 yards and 40 TDs as a junior last season. Don't let his current rating fool you as there a lot of big name programs after him. Arkansas, Missouri and Washington all want the young man out of Oklahoma and the Sooners could come through with an offer soon. Morrison will visit Lincoln next weekend.
8. Jacob Gamble (3-Star, JUCO OT) [Council Bluffs, IA] - Nebraska would like to get a pipeline from Iowa Western sooner rather than later and Jacob Gamble could be the start of that. Nebraska wants to bolster depth at the tackle position going into next seaosn and Gamble certainly fits the bill and will have no shortage of power 5 offers when it's all said and done.
9. Malik Reed (3-Star, OLB) [Chandler, AZ] - Nebraska likes Reed's athleticism on the edge and his ability to cover in space. If Nebraska doesn't get someone like Simon, Reed would not be a poor consolation prize. UCLA seems to be the team to beat with Wisconsin hanging around as well.
10. Choe Bryant-Strother (3-Star, ILB) [Norcross, GA] - Another player visiting next weekend, Strother is a Georgia athlete with connections to current Husker freshman Ronald Thompkins. Nebraska needs depth at ILB and they like with Strother brings to the table. While Georgia has yet to offer Texas A&M, Miami, Ole Miss and UCLA are also in play. Getting a visit early on is big for Nebraska.

11. Rico Powers Jr. (4-Star, WR) [Atlanta, GA]
12. Regen Terry (3-Star, OLB) [Florence, AZ]
13. Lawaun Powell (3-Star, WR) [East Saint Louis, IL]
14. Reece Atteberry (3-Star, OL) [Aurora, CO]
15. Kaden Johnson (4-Star, OLB) [Minneapolis, MN]
16. Paula Vaipulu (3-Star, OL) [Channelview, TX]
17. Brian George (4-Star, JUCO CB) [Highland, KS]
18. Perrion Winfrey (4-Star, JUCO NT) [Council Bluffs, IA]
19. Tyler Berrong (3-Star, OLB) [Port Orange, FL]
20. Cesar Reyes (3-Star, OL) [Tampa, FL]

Obviously, names will change and pop in and out this summer but this is what I have so far. I'm sure this big board will look silly comes August 1.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not seeing a natty there.

A reach on a CFP berth if Ohio St and Oklahoma are down and given a paper tiger schedule.

NY6 bowl at best more likely though.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need bigger fish then 3 stars

there will be... I think it's fair to point out that a majority of those 3-star recruits are the highest score you can get and not be a 4-star on the composite. 8 of the Top 10 are borderline 4-stars so given senior evaluation or good camps they could easily get bumped in their ratings.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya Nut, also I believe a lot of big time players are in wait and see mode. And then when we are playing in the playoffs there is going to be a rush of 5 stars wanting to play is after we beat Clemson

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Big Board - players I want to see in a Nebraska uniform

1. Nash Hutmacher I think if Nash lived in Texas, California, Georgia, North Carolina, or Florida he would be a strong 4 star. That young man is all manimal.
2. Sevion Morrison since I read up on his amazing numbers, might as well watch him play

My players I want just for the name and not reading up on them

Blaise Gunnerson - just sounds fast
Rico Powers - Shout it, RICO POWERS!!! Almost like Husker Power!!
Regen Terry - obviously he heals from his injuries very fast

Name I am confused on

Paula? Vaipulu - must be Samoan, think Johnny Cash and a "Boy Named Sue"

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Nash Hutmacher I think if Nash lived in Texas, California, Georgia, North Carolina, or Florida he would be a strong 4 star. That young man is all manimal.
i think this is a common theme among players from less populated areas. Frost and Co have said as much. they are evaluating players on their own and I have way more trust in them being able to recognize someone that will have the talent level of a Div 1 player than i've ever had under the last 2 regimes.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think this is a common theme among players from less populated areas. Frost and Co have said as much. they are evaluating players on their own and I have way more trust in them being able to recognize someone that will have the talent level of a Div 1 player than i've ever had under the last 2 regimes.

LOL

Riley couldn't recognize a 1st round NFL tight end less than 60 miles away.

TIiUFn.gif

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q this weekend, maybe see some new verbals? OL Alex Conn in the running

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUCO Watts back in town again

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Held hinting at some news forthcoming, good news i would assume

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Big Board - players I want to see in a Nebraska uniform

2. Sevion Morrison since I read up on his amazing numbers, might as well watch him play

My players I want just for the name and not reading up on them

Blaise Gunnerson - just sounds fast
Rico Powers - Shout it, RICO POWERS!!! Almost like Husker Power!!
Regen Terry - obviously he heals from his injuries very fast

Name I am confused on

Paula? Vaipulu - must be Samoan, think Johnny Cash and a "Boy Named Sue"

One down, welcome Nash Hutmacher, now just land Sevion and I guess I will be happy.

Watched a lot of stuff on Hutmacher and his strength feats that he does. Obviously, he won't be needing much strength training from Nebraska. The opposing o lineman might be in for a rude awakening.

All the reading I have done up on Blaise Gunnerson seems that he is an aggressive QB getter afterer. I like that,

My Big Board

1. Nash Hutmacher COMMITTED
2. Sevion Morrison - in the lead, but what happens when Oklahoma offers?
3. Blaise Gunnerson - long, tall, aggressive rush end, I will take it after watching nebraska the lasst few years, has got to be an improvement

I was in the Texas area last week, specifically Dallas and Houston areas. I might bring some luck down in there.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched Gunnerson at the FNL camp. I know his frame is built for a DE however I believe he can. And should play LBer.

From what I seent he doesn't dip his shoulder and get around defenders like I would like. Now I know he is raw and probably didn't need to use much technique against his opponents in high school and I am banking on Nebraska being able to coach him into a defensive Rush end but from what I see he could be a very scary middle linebacker.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB’s dropping N’s today, Fong and Trieu, for Gunnerson

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Zaviers/ Xavier’s. That sparq score is good for top 10 in the nation for The Opening camps