• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well heres OU's new Defensive staff

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not the comment you made. You made a comment about OU not having the talent to field a competent defense revealing you’re just popping off like a dumb ass.
Ahh. … ???

OU had no Teams defensive stats in the top 20 … No one individually from ou was in the top 20-25 is passing defense … K. Murray was around 47th in solo tackles … which is kind of misleading since some one tackles someone on almost every play ….
… However no OU player was any where close to the top in Solo tackles for yards lost …

For the 2018 campaign other than Murray … no-one else really look that great on Defense

… AND with most of that under-performing D coming back for the 2019 season --- I am not thinking a new Defense Coach is going to make much improvement in his 1st year...

It is still about Jimmy's and Joe's and less about x's and o's …

But since I am a "dumb ass" I wouldn't worry about it ...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh. … ???

OU had no Teams defensive stats in the top 20 … No one individually from ou was in the top 20-25 is passing defense … K. Murray was around 47th in solo tackles … which is kind of misleading since some one tackles someone on almost every play ….
… However no OU player was any where close to the top in Solo tackles for yards lost …

For the 2018 campaign other than Murray … no-one else really look that great on Defense

… AND with most of that under-performing D coming back for the 2019 season --- I am not thinking a new Defense Coach is going to make much improvement in his 1st year...

It is still about Jimmy's and Joe's and less about x's and o's …

But since I am a "dumb ass" I wouldn't worry about it ...

Wrong. Look at the recruiting they’ve done. The talent is there to be much better. The scheme and culture was garbage. Thanks for playing. Now go ahead and take that sooner dick out of your mouth since you seem to be so obsessed.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Look at the recruiting they’ve done. The talent is there to be much better. The scheme and culture was garbage. Thanks for playing. Now go ahead and take that sooner dick out of your mouth since you seem to be so obsessed.

??? you remind me of the recruiting ratings experts and how they are never wrong …

If a 5* kid pans out and becomes a great player - the ratings experts point out how correct they are

… and when a 5* kid is a bust- the ratings experts say the coaching staff didn't do their job in developing the kid …

… so just as in the rating experts - it seems - that you can never be wrong …

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??? you remind me of the recruiting ratings experts and how they are never wrong …

If a 5* kid pans out and becomes a great player - the ratings experts point out how correct they are

… and when a 5* kid is a bust- the ratings experts say the coaching staff didn't do their job in developing the kid …

… so just as in the rating experts - it seems - that you can never be wrong …

You literally just said absolutely nothing of substance whatsoever. Wow. We’re talking about a whole roster here, sport. Not one or two players. Recruiting rankings are useful for a macro view and there’s not question Oklahoma’s defense has been underperforming. Their overall talent level. There is absolutely no chance that you’re going to make me or anyone else believe that the program and all the recruiting services absolutely whiffed on nearly the entire defensive roster. Jesus, do you fucking hear yourself? Thanks for playing sport, but just shut the fuck up.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You literally just said absolutely nothing of substance whatsoever. Wow. We’re talking about a whole roster here, sport. Not one or two players. Recruiting rankings are useful for a macro view and there’s not question Oklahoma’s defense has been underperforming. Their overall talent level. There is absolutely no chance that you’re going to make me or anyone else believe that the program and all the recruiting services absolutely whiffed on nearly the entire defensive roster. Jesus, do you fucking hear yourself? Thanks for playing sport, but just shut the fuck up.
Have you been taking that logic course over a a$m???

So OU's Total D was 114th in the Nation for the 2018 campaign … (almost dead last). That is reality … that is who OU's D is today.
You support the premise that a new Coaching staff will magically turn that really bad "D" into a top tier Defense in one year????

??? … I hope you get what you want … but I would not be so sure that it will happen in the 2019 Campaign...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So OU's Total D was 114th in the Nation for the 2018 campaign … (almost dead last). That is reality … that is who OU's D is today.
You support the premise that a new Coaching staff will magically turn that really bad "D" into a top tier Defense in one year????

??? … I hope you get what you want … but I would not be so sure that it will happen in the 2019 Campaign...

That is absolutely not what I said. I said they are greatly underperforming their talent level. Considering their total D was ranked 114 an improvement to just a competent defense, say top 50 would make a huge difference and is certainly within reach next season.

All that being said, my point is and always has been that you’re spouting nonsense about the talent level on the team. It’s not Bama or Clemson level but it’s sure a hell of a lot better than 114 and there is every reason to think a good DC and staff can get more out of them than the previous one.

scopes_monkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It really doesn't have to be top tier. With even a middling defense they could've at least made the CFP finals for the last two years. The offense was good enough. Unfortunately, the Sooners had absolutely turrible defense.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hawt damn I haven't heard of that reference in years!

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU's problems on defense were about 50% coaching and 50% inferior talent up until a year ago and this year it was up to about 40% talent and 60% poor coaching. So Lincoln Riley fired Mike Stoops and put in a stopgap solution with Ruffin McNeill who really wasn't a hell of a lot better DC that Mike was. So.......now OU shuffles the deck and brings in a lot of new blood on the coaching staff AND actually signs some guys that should be able to play defense.......plus the new coaching staff can maybe get the decent (not great) players we already have to play better. It's a process. We can be good in a couple of years but we just flat don't need to get up to the Clemson/Alabama level so long as we have an All-Galaxy offense. I'd take a top 15 defense every year if we could just keep our offense playing at the level it is right now.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good enough to handily beat UT

??? That would be the same defense that gave up 48 points and lost to THE Longhorn on Oct. 6, in the middle of the Texas State Fair

... You remember??? --- the game where at the end your fans had left the stadium to get a corn dog and beer, while the longhorn fans sang "The Eyes" ….

LongTimeSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??? That would be the same defense that gave up 48 points and lost to THE Longhorn on Oct. 6, in the middle of the Texas State Fair

... You remember??? --- the game where at the end your fans had left the stadium to get a corn dog and beer, while the longhorn fans sang "The Eyes" ….
considering your team barely won that game on a FG in the last seconds, it seems you should be far more concerned about your own defense than OU who overhauled theirs and still tapped your ass...

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
considering your team barely won that game on a FG in the last seconds, it seems you should be far more concerned about your own defense than OU who overhauled theirs and still tapped your ass...
so ou went and played a sec team and lost (with that over hauled Defense giving up 45 points) ..

While the Longhorns went and played a sec team and won ….

The Big12 was 3-1 in Bowl games against the sec … care to guess which Big12 team couldn't get it done...

LongTimeSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so ou went and played a sec team and lost (with that over hauled Defense giving up 45 points) ..

While the Longhorns went and played a sec team and won ….

The Big12 was 3-1 in Bowl games against the sec … care to guess which Big12 team couldn't get it done...

1. OU defeated UT soundly in a game the horns desperately wanted to win.

2. OU didn’t have a DC most of the season, still beat and outrecruited UT during that stretch.

3. Y’all are hanging your hat on beating a team that wasn’t even the best in their own conference. Just like UT.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. OU defeated UT soundly in a game the horns desperately wanted to win.

2. OU didn’t have a DC most of the season, still beat and outrecruited UT during that stretch.

3. Y’all are hanging your hat on beating a team that wasn’t even the best in their own conference. Just like UT.
Not sure I am hanging my hat on anything... 4 Big12 teams played the sec in Bowl games. 1 team lost. Your smoke and mirrors will not change that.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I am hanging my hat on anything... 4 Big12 teams played the sec in Bowl games. 1 team lost. Your smoke and mirrors will not change that.
I see why everyone calls you one of the 2 bookends of Rivals dumbassery. Just stick to trying to make fun of Florida where you are just as clueless. Just face facts that you and the rest of the minions in the Big 12 are all OU’s bitches until you actually step up and do something in games that actually matter. Congrats on beating Georgia in a game that no one gave a shit about though. :suds: Raise the pretend banners. I know it’s all Texas has had as of late.

LongTimeSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that 'smoke' is called 'scoreboard', you goof