• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weirdest game result this season?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The USC vs ASU game had me wondering wtf.

USC has the defense.

I think in their players only meeting some of the defensive guys stayed a little extra and tanked the game to get kiffen fired.

I can't think of any other reasonable explanation.
In that game just struggled moving ball in 2nd half. Pretty sure it was 3 and outs galore in 2nd half. And defense just got worn out. Any defense In country if it's on field that much is going to give up points

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama @ Texas A&M don't think anyone called both teams scoring over 40 points.Pretty much no defense played. Alabama has since played well on defense but also hasn't played any high caliber qb since then

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
washington state beat usc and arizona on the road too. they aren't terrible. have a good chance at getting to a bowl game.

Kiffin's USC.

Zona was a good win for the Cougs though.

It did shock me that WSU went down South and hung with AUburn. ANd at the time I figured Auburn was a .500 team at best.

Now that they are 10-1 it stands out to me even more.

1st game of the year though, those games can go sideways sometimes.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama @ Texas A&M don't think anyone called both teams scoring over 40 points.Pretty much no defense played. Alabama has since played well on defense but also hasn't played any high caliber qb since then

With such a young secondary and O line I doubt many who know much about the game were shocked with the outcome. Especially after watching the VT game.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The USC vs ASU game had me wondering wtf.

USC has the defense.

I think in their players only meeting some of the defensive guys stayed a little extra and tanked the game to get kiffen fired.

I can't think of any other reasonable explanation.

Yeah, highly competitive alpha males are totally cool with losing.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the wvu/maryland game weather delayed?

It wasn't weather delayed, but it was arguably the most miserable rainy weather Baltimore had seen since in months. It was at a "neutral" site supposedly but only 20 miles from the U of MD.

I don't think the WVU fans bothered to even show up if they had the desire to drive 3 hours through hellish rains.

The game was an unwatchable mess. There was about 15% filled stadium of fans too drunk to care.

Maryland essentially won the game by being BETTER at holding onto a rain soaked ball. (+6 turnovers)

WVU looked like a 3 stooges episode trying to hold the ball.

The loss to Kansas was far more head scratching for the Mountaineers.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so much weird, but I was shocked at how FSU decimated Clemson. Thought Clemson was a title contender until that game.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama 49-42

Still in awe that we gave up the most yds in history of ANY Alabama defense

RGrabber

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it folks, the weirdest game has to be Arizona St. / Wisconsin based just on the last play of the game.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we are deep into the season and have a lot more game data to assess the teams, what do you guys think the most wtf result has been this season?

early on, maryland 37, west virginia 0 raised my eyebrows.

but now, i'm not so sure west virginia 30, oklahoma state 21 isn't the winner.

what are some other games that are just head scratchers as the season goes on?

UMD game was horrible weather but our O was even worse. Gave up a pick 6 and twice fumbled in side our 10 in the first half. Still UMD was the better team.

The poke game was just dumb luck. Our D did step up at times, but the poke receivers dropped about 20 passes. (Stewart prolly had 10 drops himself) Plus they had bad penalties and JW Walsh was bad that day. Dumb luck is how I describe it.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't weather delayed, but it was arguably the most miserable rainy weather Baltimore had seen since in months. It was at a "neutral" site supposedly but only 20 miles from the U of MD.

I don't think the WVU fans bothered to even show up if they had the desire to drive 3 hours through hellish rains.

The game was an unwatchable mess. There was about 15% filled stadium of fans too drunk to care.

Maryland essentially won the game by being BETTER at holding onto a rain soaked ball. (+6 turnovers)

WVU looked like a 3 stooges episode trying to hold the ball.

The loss to Kansas was far more head scratching for the Mountaineers.

The weather was bad but our offense was beyond bad. Ford couldn't do jack and we had a pick 6 and two fumbles inside our 10 in the first half. We were screwed. Talk about wasting coin on that monstrosity.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see, I would say BYU's QB and RB raping the Texas D mercilessly for over 500 yds. Flat out embarrassing. That was a weird game b/c I think Texas was/still is the only defense in the country that can't stop a fucking QB from running all over them. I have no idea why any other team after Ole Miss and BYU did not have their QB run the option play until Okie, jr did it. Our defensive players and coaches are too fucking stupid to stop such a simple play. If I were TTECH, I would be implementing that play all week and just run it every down on Thanksgiving.

WVU losing to KU, that was pretty weird. But by far, Stanford losing to an awful Utah team and the media totally forgetting about it was a weird game.....

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU ranked high, OU has running QB, Texas lets Mormons run for 550!!! on them.

Texas dismantles OU [who decides to throw the ball a lot]??? WTF?

Last edited by a moderator: