• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 9 voting discussion thread

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is tOSU a Top 25 team? Of course they are, but they broke the rules and as punishment they shouldn't be ranked. The only reason they are probably where they are now is because they broke the rules. They wouldn't have Meyer if they didn't and he's a hell of a lot better coach than Sweater Vest dude.

How are we punishing tO$U if we leave them out of our top 25? I understand why they arent ranked by the BCS, but i thought we were ranking our "Top 25".

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the voter that didnt rank Ohio St.

You have to rank undefeated Ohio St. even though they can not go to a bowl.

They are ranked top 10 in the AP poll!

No you don't. They're not eligible to win anything in the bcs. The AP poll doesn't mean anything in the bcs era.

Maybe not but for the coaches to deny them the right to be ranked because of NCAA sanctions is hypocritical, because the coaches don't care for NCAA rules either. Just because they can't compete for the title doesn't mean they shouldn't get their recognition, after all they are being punished by the NCAA not the voting coaches.

Someone decide on tOSU because if PSU beats them they'll both be in my next poll

How are we punishing tO$U if we leave them out of our top 25? I understand why they arent ranked by the BCS, but i thought we were ranking our "Top 25".

I am not including teams that are ineligible for post-season play in my poll. Haven't all year, not going to start now. Any poll that involves a human casting a vote is subjective (those that use statistics and systems notwithstanding) and the voters have a right to rank whomever they choose.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, I happen to not care for Ohio State and U$C anyway :D

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're punishing them by not giving them the recognition that they are a top 25 team.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're punishing them by not giving them the recognition that they are a top 25 team.

This is a message board and does not affect them at all. And in your previous post you even recognized them as a top 25 team...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody is punishing them. But since they can't compete for a championship of any kind it seems pointless to include them.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a message board and does not affect them at all. And in your previous post you even recognized them as a top 25 team...

So what if it doesn't really affect them. I'm still not going to give the recognition. I did say they were a top 25 team, but I did not put them in my poll as a top 25 team.

I get your point, I just don't agree with it. I believe if a team gets punished enough to not be eligible for post season play, then they shouldn't be able to be ranked.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what if it doesn't really affect them. I'm still not going to give the recognition. I did say they were a top 25 team, but I did not put them in my poll as a top 25 team.

I get your point, I just don't agree with it. I believe if a team gets punished enough to not be eligible for post season play, then they shouldn't be able to be ranked.

Yep. To include the cheaters would actually punish an honest team who wouldn't make it into the Top 25 as a result.

Cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys just dont get it.

#1 they are ranked by the AP because they are competing each and every week in a legitimate NCAA sanctioned sporting event. If they are able to play a game, and that game is counted, then they can be ranked.

#2 The games they are playing are being counted as a win or loss. meaning, they do not have to forfiet the game after the game ends. They did not get the death penalty! They have a football team. All statistics in the football game counts and gets recorded.

#3 They are not ranked in the BCS because the purpose of the BCS is completly for bowl purposes to get the BEST TWO teams in a National Championship Game! Since they can not go to a bowl this year, there is no sense in ranking them in the BCS poll.

#4 EVERYTHING counts for them this season other then the fact that they can not go to a bowl.

Ohio St. deserves to be ranked as of now. I see absolutely no reason not to rank them. I will continue to rank them in the Top 25 until I do not think they deserve it anymore.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys just dont get it.

#1 they are ranked by the AP because they are competing each and every week in a legitimate NCAA sanctioned sporting event. If they are able to play a game, and that game is counted, then they can be ranked.

#2 The games they are playing are being counted as a win or loss. meaning, they do not have to forfiet the game after the game ends. They did not get the death penalty! They have a football team. All statistics in the football game counts and gets recorded.

#3 They are not ranked in the BCS because the purpose of the BCS is completly for bowl purposes to get the BEST TWO teams in a National Championship Game! Since they can not go to a bowl this year, there is no sense in ranking them in the BCS poll.

#4 EVERYTHING counts for them this season other then the fact that they can not go to a bowl.

Ohio St. deserves to be ranked as of now. I see absolutely no reason not to rank them. I will continue to rank them in the Top 25 until I do not think they deserve it anymore.

Then vote them #1 to compensate; people forget that polls are (wait for it)

SUBJECTIVE

and therefore subjected to each voter's individual criteria, bias, preference, hatred, blah blah blah. I don't see the big deal about them being left off ballots; they are ineligible for post-season play because of their previous actions, so why should they be rewarded with votes in the prestigious SportsHoopla Weekly CFB poll?

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, they've struggled to beat mighty teams like 3-4 Purdue, 2-5 Indiana (who they gave up 49 points to), 1-6 UAB (who's only win came against an FCS team and tOSU squeaked a 6 point victory out at home), and a 4-4 Michigan State.

Cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, they've struggled to beat mighty teams like 3-4 Purdue, 2-5 Indiana (who they gave up 49 points to), 1-6 UAB (who's only win came against an FCS team and tOSU squeaked a 6 point victory out at home), and a 4-4 Michigan State.

Notre Dame struggled against the same mighty 3-4 Purdue team to win at home by 3 points. They also struggled against BYU at home to win by 3 points.

Are you saying we should not rank Notre Dame also?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. To include the cheaters would actually punish an honest team who wouldn't make it into the Top 25 as a result.

They are being punished for PAST mistakes, but it the CURRENT players who are being hosed. See the problem with NCAA sanctions is unlike the justice system, the guilty are not punished but the innocent.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only reason they are probably where they are now is because they broke the rules. They wouldn't have Meyer if they didn't and he's a hell of a lot better coach than Sweater Vest dude.

Interesting point tough to argue with that.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame struggled against the same mighty 3-4 Purdue team to win at home by 3 points. They also struggled against BYU at home to win by 3 points.

Are you saying we should not rank Notre Dame also?

Notre Dame didn't get hit with sanctions preventing them from winning any sort of championship. Oklahoma will take care of ND this weekend though.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame didn't get hit with sanctions preventing them from winning any sort of championship. Oklahoma will take care of ND this weekend though.

Can we stop with the championship argument? South Carolina cant win any kind of championship and they're getting ranked. Besides, i don't even know how the sanctions and not being able to win a championship has anything to do with their ranking...

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't have Ohio State in my poll but it is not because of the probation, it is because Ohio State hasn't played anyone and is giving up 40 something points a game. Ohio State looks equal to about Tennessee and if they played in the SEC they would likely be 0-4 in the SEC.

Penn State is on the level of Auburn.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have Ohio State in my poll but it is not because of the probation, it is because Ohio State hasn't played anyone and is giving up 40 something points a game. Ohio State looks equal to about Tennessee and if they played in the SEC they would likely be 0-4 in the SEC.

Penn State is on the level of Auburn.

There is exaggeration and then there are your two statements...