• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 9, Tennessee Titans @ Los Angeles Rams, Sunday Night Football, SoFi Stadium Stadium, Sunday, 11/07/21, 5:25 PM PDT

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This confusion and mishandling of situations that now come back to bite McVay in the ass had its early roots dating back to 2018. More recently, McVay's mishandling of the Jackson fiasco had its roots dating back to March when McVay got ahold of Jackson and promised he would be a primary receiver and one of, if not THE only deep threat for an offense that could be explosive. The convos between the two were made public.

Somewhere in the interim, Jackson got forgotten. The concept of McVay forgetting he has a deep threat in Jackson when Stafford could get Jackson the ball deep when that is what Jackson was promised by McVay is difficult to believe. IDK, maybe McVay's approach soured when Jackson was hotdogging it on that deep ball early in the season and almost got tackled before he scored. That didn't appear to be the case especially in light of McVay was the first to race down the field and congratulate Jackson.

How could a HC forget that he has a deep threat and fail to live-up to his promise and then not rectifying it simply by just playing the guy more? Maybe there was something else afoot that I am not privy to but it begs one to wonder about a coach who is so accomplished yet he can just-out-of-the-blue do stupid shit like this. Did Jackson see the handwriting on the wall and force the issue? IDK. But what is known is that the JAckson demands were not going to be accommodated by McVay and the divorce occurred. AND, this isn't the first incident like this, as we are all aware.

But now, we desperately could have used a deep threat tonight if McVay was going to favor the pass. Tennessee was shutting everything down short and that is what we were executing at the time BECAUSE WE DID NOT HAVE A DEEP THREAT. So this whole fiasco with Jackson was exacerbated by offensive ill-preparation during the week and all of it had contributing factors rooted in a HC who didn't get his team prepared for a tough opponent. McVay failed to implement a weapon he did have into an offense he promised he would insert and play often and then got engulfed in the happenings of a big signing that was making his team look undefeatable.

And of course, McVay's rigidity in play-calling is now legendary. He called short outs left and right nearly the entire game when they just were not working and yet he continued to call them. He doesn't recognize patterns during the game and if he does, he ignores them. Does this guy have help on the sidelines during the game or during the week in the game plan formation? If he doesn't, he should.

Today's football teams are just too complex and with the wrong guy it can lead to burn-out. Just ask Dick Vermeil. McVay needs assistance. But a testament to the guy's resilience is he has been the most poached HC in the league and yet he is able to redefine the team to be a winner the next season.

I think he needs some help during the week and he needs to broaden his offensive horizons and learn the Jumbo offense because DC's throughout the league continue to learn how to effectively defend his offense. McVay cannot remain static because like tonight, the results on the field will be predictable and very ugly.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Onward we go to San Fran next week and maybe McVay will stop going soft when he plays his friends. Maybe!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like SJ76, I was frustrated watching McVay try to continue to pass when it continued to fail, when he had a running game working with two productive backs. Could have McVay implemented Buddy Howell in the mix? Sure but it was obvious that was not practiced during the week.

What I believe is happening is critical thinking myopia is setting in. With so many weapons, I am beginning to think that McVay doesn't have time to properly game plan to play them all in game situations. He then looks stupid and confused. I think McVay could use some help. I also think the same myopia will happen to Morris on the defense.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem that i have with that is ... cool you bounce back against a mediocre team, but can't do shit against a playoff contender when it maters. I need to look at the statline for Mcvay's so called 40-0 halftime lead record. How many of those wins are against quality teams vs bad ball clubs. Anyway i'm done ranting for the night since i'm starting to sober up... catch yall in a week.
Nonsense, we went to a Super Bowl, we had one of biggest road wins to get there. We beat the division champs Seattle, we beat the Champas both at home or road. We are 43-0 at halftime when leading, all that is not luck. We don't appreciate shit until it's gone.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay is 19-14 versus winning teams, only one season with a losing record versus winning teams.

McVay’s Rams longest losing streak is 3 games and that happened only once.

McVay has never had a losing season.

McVay is 15-6 after a Rams loss.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stats Battlelyon. I agree with you that McVay is very accomplished on a franchise that has a long history of crap and what-ifs, but this activity after a loss is always comparative in nature. Losses are terrible teachers and if you are smart, you take advantage of their lessons, you learn and make the necessary adjustments, and you hopefully get better.

What I think everyone realizes and is frustrated with is McVay, in all his accomplishments and winning culture of success continues to do really stupid shit that is beneath him. He still continues to not get prepared for games like last evening, he still calls ridiculously myopic games, he fails to recognize patterns during the game that he can affect with adjustments at the half, he fails to take advantage of the weapons he has at his disposal to have a lasting advantage against opponents like the Titans, he tries to be a buddy to way too many players, he remains loyal to players probably way too long, he keeps those players way too long, he gets rid of players he shouldn't get rid of for the dumbest reasons, and he fails to learn new offenses that may get him out of his rut of passing before running even when the defense is giving him the run.

Coaches know these and some other weaknesses and whenever they get a chance, especially the Belicheat lineage of coaches, they expose him in front of a national audience that has everyone scratching their heads and wondering if this guy is ever going to adapt and win it all. McVay has yet to embrace the time-tested adages of winning championships in the NFL: That being, a great running game and a great defense, WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. Excessive passing to the point of being obsessive does not!!

If McVay doesn't see the bigger picture and adapt, he will die and so will his team. I think we will never win another snooperbowl because of his failure to make the necessary adjustments that are result of losing of which he creates indirectly by the very things discussed above. Classic example: Last Night.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay is 19-14 versus winning teams, only one season with a losing record versus winning teams.

McVay’s Rams longest losing streak is 3 games and that happened only once.

McVay has never had a losing season.

McVay is 15-6 after a Rams loss.
About to be 15-7, as he just cannot beat the 9ers.

And you can be sure Shanahan took notes from the game last night and will implement the same defensive game plan, further exposing the OL.

And McVay will do what McVay does. Try and fit a square peg into a round hole.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stats Battlelyon. I agree with you that McVay is very accomplished on a franchise that has a long history of crap and what-ifs, but this activity after a loss is always comparative in nature. Losses are terrible teachers and if you are smart, you take advantage of their lessons, you learn and make the necessary adjustments, and you hopefully get better.

What I think everyone realizes and is frustrated with is McVay, in all his accomplishments and winning culture of success continues to do really stupid shit that is beneath him. He still continues to not get prepared for games like last evening, he still calls ridiculously myopic games, he fails to recognize patterns during the game that he can affect with adjustments at the half, he fails to take advantage of the weapons he has at his disposal to have a lasting advantage against opponents like the Titans, he tries to be a buddy to way too many players, he remains loyal to players probably way too long, he keeps those players way too long, he gets rid of players he shouldn't get rid of for the dumbest reasons, and he fails to learn new offenses that may get him out of his rut of passing before running even when the defense is giving him the run.

Coaches know these and some other weaknesses and whenever they get a chance, especially the Belicheat lineage of coaches, they expose him in front of a national audience that has everyone scratching their heads and wondering if this guy is ever going to adapt and win it all.

If McVay doesn't see the bigger picture and adapt, he will die and so will his team. I think we will never win another snooperbowl because of his failure to make the necessary adjustments that are result of losing of which he creates indirectly by the very things discussed above.
And he says the same thing after every loss.

I have to do better.

But he never does. He just continues to run the same offense against every team without deviation, and that is good enough for a winning record because of the talent the Rams have, but good teams expose it and beat them.

Guaranteed had the Rams beat GB last year, McVay would’ve ran the same offense against TB he did against them during the season. TB would’ve been ready for it and beat them.

He refuses to change his game plan based on the defense, thinking his “genius” is going to win out. But he is very wrong.

Just like last night. Has a RB averaging 5 ypc and he just keeps passing when the OL couldn’t pass block and Stafford was making stupid decisions and throwing INT’s.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, ALR, this loss will wake-up McVay to the FACT that he goes soft against his friends. Now he took a step in the right direction when we beat the Lions with Jared Goff and Brockers on the field. Those are his player friends. Let's see if he is pissed enough to now carry that over to his coaching fraternity friends like Shanahan.

He doesn't have a good start as he lost to one of his coaching friends' offspring: That being Belicheat and his lineage of coaches, Mike Vrabel.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense, we went to a Super Bowl, we had one of biggest road wins to get there. We beat the division champs Seattle, we beat the Champas both at home or road. We are 43-0 at halftime when leading, all that is not luck. We don't appreciate shit until it's gone.

Big reasons why we got to the super bowl:

Bowling ball CJ anderson
Mcvay did commit to the run
Minimal turnovers
Greg Z
Bad PI call in nawlins

Am I missing anything ?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea SJ76. Good stats. However, ya forgot that after that fabulous half year Anderson gave us and McVay, the Rams cut him and shut the door. Why? Gurley was the loyal-favored back? I don't know and I don't think anybody knows but they could have kept Anderson and used him to increase their advantage over their opponents the next year. They didn't and McVay and the Rams had a very bad year due to a plethora of factors and reasons.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coaches know these and some other weaknesses and whenever they get a chance, especially the Belicheat lineage of coaches, they expose him in front of a national audience that has everyone scratching their heads and wondering if this guy is ever going to adapt and win it all. McVay has yet to embrace the time-tested adages of winning championships in the NFL: That being, a great running game and a great defense, WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. Excessive passing to the point of being obsessive does not!!

If McVay doesn't see the bigger picture and adapt, he will die and so will his team. I think we will never win another snooperbowl because of his failure to make the necessary adjustments that are result of losing of which he creates indirectly by the very things discussed above. Classic example: Last Night.
facts

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big reasons why we got to the super bowl:

Bowling ball CJ anderson
Mcvay did commit to the run
Minimal turnovers
Greg Z
Bad PI call in nawlins

Am I missing anything ?
A pretty damn good defense with several NFL sack leaders and a secondary that wasn't too shabby.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have two losses and both of those losses were to the number one seeds in the NFL , even with thst we still are great shape. We are 5-1 in conference and last night was the first game we played that bad, all season. Arizona just beat us. Every team has games like that. Remember us destroying the Patriots, last season. And everyone thinks Belichick is the goat of coaches.

Shit just isn't your day, be it whatever you want to blame. You want to talk rare, rare is the Rams playing that bad against the same opponent the next time the play. This game is just one game and good learning experience. Time to prepare for some payback on the 49ers. This is the more important game.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffrey Simmons, the Titans DT that manhandled Edwards and Allen yesterday for three sacks alone is the next level up in DT's that our O-line will face the deeper we go into the season and the post-season. Allen got beat badly on a several of his rushes and Edwards was a whisper. Simmons literally walks Edwards backwards into Stafford and throws him aside like a ragdoll on one sack! This is why the PFF evaluation of Allen and Edwards were somewhat erroneous because the level of their competition has been tier twos and threes until last night. Simmons is near elite level and we all watched the results. Here is the video if you want a reminder. BTW, Landon Dickerson is having a pretty decent year as a guard for the Iggles.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, we eliminate those two picks thrown by Stafford and we win by 2. Someone on here stated this was a wasted game. They were right.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffrey Simmons, the Titans DT that manhandled Edwards and Allen yesterday for three sacks alone is the next level up in DT's that our O-line will face the deeper we go into the season and the post-season. Allen got beat badly on a several of his rushes and Edwards was a whisper. Simmons literally walks Edwards backwards into Stafford and throws him aside like a ragdoll on one sack! This why the PFF evaluation of Allen and Edwards were somewhat erroneous because the level of their competition has been tier twos and threes until last night. Simmons is near elite level and we all watched the results. Here is the video if you want a reminder. BTW, Landon Dickerson is having a pretty decent year as a guard for the Iggles.

Unfortunately those early plays were the difference, Those plays were at the beginning of the game, you don't know who on the offensive line is going to get their ass kicked until it happens. You don't expect it and you shouldn't, Allen and crew were pretty great against Vea and Suh earlier in the season. So you install plays and adjusted, their pass rush wasn't nearly as effective in the second half.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, we eliminate those two picks thrown by Stafford and we win by 2. Someone on here stated this was a wasted game. They were right.

That Higbee non touchdown killed all our momentum in coming back. We out played them most of the game.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I agree but it does expose the weaknesses and that is what this loss was about: Exposing weaknesses and mistakes and I know you know that Battlelyon.