• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6: Broncos @ Browns

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@randymon a player you have wanted on the roster for a long time is finally going to get some game action! Kapri Bibbs has been promoted to the active roster and the team has waived Richard Gordon. It looks like the Juwann Thompson injury did not progress like the team had hoped so Bibbs might get his chance this week to show what he can do. Looks like we will for sure be without Thompson, Ware, and Sambrailo. Mathis is very much up in the air as well as I have heard rumors the team doesn't think he will be a go for tomorrow. So glad we are having this bye week when we are. Lots of guys really banged up and needing that week off.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@randymon a player you have wanted on the roster for a long time is finally going to get some game action! Kapri Bibbs has been promoted to the active roster and the team has waived Richard Gordon. It looks like the Juwann Thompson injury did not progress like the team had hoped so Bibbs might get his chance this week to show what he can do. Looks like we will for sure be without Thompson, Ware, and Sambrailo. Mathis is very much up in the air as well as I have heard rumors the team doesn't think he will be a go for tomorrow. So glad we are having this bye week when we are. Lots of guys really banged up and needing that week off.
YES! Thanks for update buddy and if he gets a shot Sun I hope he makes us proud!!! PS. Absolutely on the bye wk rest for injured guys. Couldn't come at a better time.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who scored 20 plus TDs in a single college season can help the Broncos in the Red Zone.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw on Predominantly Orange that the Broncos activated Kapri Bibbs. I expect Hillman to get the start and most of the carries, but CJ Anderson isn't right yet this year and I think it's fair to give Bibbs a shot now. This is a good move.

Here's the link:

Broncos add RB Kapri Bibbs to active roster for Sunday

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess this is why I should read before posting "News!"

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this number is a bit misleading. It is not so much the protection that is lacking. I would say it is more Cleveland relies a lot on the deep ball being a part of their offense. They are willing to take the sack in the hopes of getting the big play. I actually would say their OL has been great. They are in the top-3 in least amount of pressure actually on the QB this season. The problem is when they do give up pressure it usually results in a sack because they are waiting for the play to develop. AT least this is what I saw when watching their games earlier this week.
All I can report is the stats I saw. 18 sacks allowed and 49 additional hits to the QB. I didn't see a stat for the number of hurries the Browns line gives up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can report is the stats I saw. 18 sacks allowed and 49 additional hits to the QB. I didn't see a stat for the number of hurries the Browns line gives up.

Something to keep in mind with this stat is that of Johnny Manziel playing a game and a half worth of snaps. He was like Tebow for us in he loved to do the whole run around and hope something great happened. McCown even for his age and not really being known as a running QB likes to do some of the same. He does not like to throw the football away. He is one of those that hasn't figured out learn to fight another day is much better than taking the big play. The Raiders game is a great example as he was sacked 5 times and hit 12 times in that game alone. The Chargers game was the same of taking 4 sacks and 10 hits yet his QB Rating is nice and high. That happens again because he loves his percentage being up. The Broncos will have some opportunities for big plays in this one. McCown will force it more times than not when he feels like his team needs him to make a play.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Montee Ball score a ton of TD's in college? Just saying.

Well I think it is understood that the exception is that of Wisconsin. I actually do like Bibbs for this system. From what I understand it is very similar to what they ran at Colorado State. At least that is what Sambrailo has said is what he is being asked to do hasn't been much different. I would also say some backs just have a knack for the End Zone. Hopefully Bibbs fits into that type of player.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think it is understood that the exception is that of Wisconsin. I actually do like Bibbs for this system. From what I understand it is very similar to what they ran at Colorado State. At least that is what Sambrailo has said is what he is being asked to do hasn't been much different. I would also say some backs just have a knack for the End Zone. Hopefully Bibbs fits into that type of player.

Can only hope but I'm not jumping on board yet.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can only hope but I'm not jumping on board yet.

There is definitely a reason he is on the Practice Squad and behind these other 3 guys. I'm not expecting any kind of miracles coming from him. I mean it still boils down to the OL has to do a much better job than what they have done so far. We cannot keep getting pushed backwards like we have. If that continues then we could have Adrian Peterson running behind this OL and I don't think we would have much better of a run game. Maybe he escapes a few more tackles but when a player is getting hit 2 yards behind the LOS it doesn't end well usually even for the best players in the league.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so realized the games I had watched so far were not the games that the Browns struggled with pass protection. I'm changing my thoughts on their OL and now saying they are a very inconsistent unit. McCown holds onto the ball way too long but the OL is also prone to major lapses in games where McCown at least in the Raiders and Chargers game was running for his life. He kind of reminded me of Teddy Bridgewater when we played the Vikings though of finding ways even under pressure to make a huge play. They love to have a RB go off into the flat or do a quick 3-5 yard curl route and just wait as a safety for McCown when things break down.

Also after watching a little more I actually think the Browns are almost running our 2013 offense. They can't run as well as we did that year and they don't quite have the playmakers we did to make it as successful but they love the quick out routes, the bubble screens, the pick plays, and so on. It seems like they have McCown do a ton of the quick throws hoping a player can make somebody miss. The other thing they do is go deep. I think they have McCown essentially making 2 reads per play. They have him look deep to see if they can get something big and if that is not open then he goes to the check down player. Essentially it comes down to if we can tackle well we should be able to contain this offense. Benjamin is the one guy that scares the crap out of me. Man that kid can play. I don't even know which Corner I would try to stick on him. He is too fast for Harris or Talib and too shifty for Roby to stay disciplined and not give up the big play at some point. I would probably take my chances with Roby honestly and just know he stands a good chance of giving up one big play in the game. He is the only one speed wise that I think can give Benjamin fits.

Defensively I started focusing a little more on the different position groups. They love to run a ton of press and off man coverage. They actually remind me of a Del Rio type defense of they are quick to bail against the big play. Come backs can definitely beat them and with Haden out for this one I do think Manning can pick on some of these guys a little bit. Also the DL doesn't really do anything fancy. They truly do look like us last year just with less talent on both sides of the ball.

2 players beyond those I have mentioned to keep an eye on. Duke Johnson is the first as this guy in the open field I think could be something special. Thankfully we have some fast Linebackers that can give him some fits but this kid is shifty. The next is Gary Barnidge. He is starting to make a name for himself after that circus catch last week but this kid has done so much more than just that one catch. He is the one guy in the Red Zone that can give a defense fits.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is definitely a reason he is on the Practice Squad and behind these other 3 guys. I'm not expecting any kind of miracles coming from him. I mean it still boils down to the OL has to do a much better job than what they have done so far. We cannot keep getting pushed backwards like we have. If that continues then we could have Adrian Peterson running behind this OL and I don't think we would have much better of a run game. Maybe he escapes a few more tackles but when a player is getting hit 2 yards behind the LOS it doesn't end well usually even for the best players in the league.

Kapri Bibbs can be a playmaker - he is not yet trusted in pass protection - or really in Bibbs' case - he is unproven in pass protection. Paired with Oz - Bibbs is a better offensive fit - as he as excellent pass catching skills - and would make a great target on a roll out pass or as the last read in the pass rush.