• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6...AZ

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-2.

By hook or crook they came home with the W last week...kudos to Vick for not hanging his head because he sucked the previous 3Qs....Bell is again looking like the MVP of this team.

After 11 days off I thought we might see a more aggressive game plan...really fortunate imo the DEF was able to hang in there in rope a dope fashion and absorb the blows.

The Cardinals (Steeler West) come into PIT arguably playing the best of any team in the league...they are crushing teams on OFC averaging 38 pts per game...and only giving up 18...that makes for a scary week of prep for an OFC that is still trying to find some consistency behind Vick.

C2k looks revived and Palmer has some great weapons in the air. But...they are not w/o some holes...the DEF is not pressuring the QB as well w/o Bowles calling the DEF...they reached out to Dwight Freeney this week. And...CHI, NO, DET...collectively have 3 wins...so I'm not ready to concede anything yet.

Injuries...the official report doesn't come until later today but C. Allen and Shazier were limited Wed...J. Jones, Will Allen, Legursky did not practice....I'm not holding my breath on Shazier playing, but the word is he is...McCullers, and M. Bryant both look to be a go...no word on Mitchell...so he's fine I guess, look for Golden to play in Allen's spot, but Shark will probably see a few snaps on D.

Ben practiced 7 on 7, but don't look for him until Week 7 at the earliest...Week 8 vs CIN is still my expectation.

Steeler OFC...at this point I don't expect a lot more from Haley...the RB duo probably gets 30-35 touches...but Haley/Vick have to get more production from the passing game to win this game. Nothing more to say, we just have to see what they dial up.

Steeler DEF...the Steelers DEF will be the 2nd toughest D the Cardinals have played...Rams held them to 22 pts...Butler has to be aggressive and Palmer has to get knocked around...I like Dupree's quickness vs RT Massie...the backend and Timmons (of all people) has to make the tackles...YAC is killing the DEF.

It's part wishful thinking, but part of me feels the young Steeler D will take another step this week and keep the Cardinals within range for a FG win.

24-23 Steelers

What say you?

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea this is gonna be another nail biter .. I gotta make sure I get my bp prescription refilled before the game

ill go out on a limb and say 23 -20 steelers

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea this is gonna be another nail biter .. I gotta make sure I get my bp prescription refilled before the game

ill go out on a limb and say 23 -20 steelers
Good to keep a positive vibe going I guess, but when you look closer at who AZ has beaten...granted, they beat them soundly, but if this DEF truly is better and I think it is...this game should be fairly close...there's no reason to think Haley will open things up more...unless he has to.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries... Getting tired of hearing positive reports only to have someone announced inactive. Bryant "seems" to be a go. Got signed to the 53 so its official that he's back. Shazier "seems" like he's ready. Limited participant after going 2-3 full participation practices last week so that is worrisome. Might have had a setback that everyone is mum about. Will have to take it day by day. McCullers was a healthy scratch last week so not sure why he was deemed inactive. Mitchell was back so no worries there. JJ & W-Allen both missed practice with ailments. W-Allen's is more serious. Ben back in 7on7's is a good sign. But he admits that his knee isn't where it needs to be in terms of mobility. He worries about his ability to scramble on the bum knee. We'll know more next week. Reports surfaced about Pouncey going under knife again sometime recently. That's likely means he is going to miss more time than we originally predicted. This might put him coming back mid-to-late December if at all. Oh well, Wallace has been playing solid in his absence.

O... Like ATL said... Not much needs to be said. We've seen what Haley brings to the table and its weak-sauce. I'm hoping to see Vick gain some confidence after the win in SD. Maybe see him go no-huddle, which would be a huge benefit to the offense if Haley's playcalling is taken out of the equation lol. At the very least a little consistency would be great. I'm not sure this offense has the cojones to keep up with AZ. I predict a lot of punts this week lol.

D... Gaining some much needed momentum on this side of the ball. Front 7 is playing great football. But we are going to need some better DB play if they are going to have any chance this week. Don't let Palmer get comfortable, and keep the run game contained and that will give the offense a shot to keep them in this.

Sorry guys but I just don't see a win this week. AZ is a great fb team and we are 1 beer short of a sixpack. If the offense can generate points on a consistent basis then they will have a shot. But I just don't see them coming out on top. IIRC, last year it was quite lucky for me to predict losses! :noidea:

AZ 27 - PIT 17

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries... Getting tired of hearing positive reports only to have someone announced inactive. Bryant "seems" to be a go. Got signed to the 53 so its official that he's back. Shazier "seems" like he's ready. Limited participant after going 2-3 full participation practices last week so that is worrisome. Might have had a setback that everyone is mum about. Will have to take it day by day. McCullers was a healthy scratch last week so not sure why he was deemed inactive. Mitchell was back so no worries there. JJ & W-Allen both missed practice with ailments. W-Allen's is more serious. Ben back in 7on7's is a good sign. But he admits that his knee isn't where it needs to be in terms of mobility. He worries about his ability to scramble on the bum knee. We'll know more next week. Reports surfaced about Pouncey going under knife again sometime recently. That's likely means he is going to miss more time than we originally predicted. This might put him coming back mid-to-late December if at all. Oh well, Wallace has been playing solid in his absence.

O... Like ATL said... Not much needs to be said. We've seen what Haley brings to the table and its weak-sauce. I'm hoping to see Vick gain some confidence after the win in SD. Maybe see him go no-huddle, which would be a huge benefit to the offense if Haley's playcalling is taken out of the equation lol. At the very least a little consistency would be great. I'm not sure this offense has the cojones to keep up with AZ. I predict a lot of punts this week lol.

D... Gaining some much needed momentum on this side of the ball. Front 7 is playing great football. But we are going to need some better DB play if they are going to have any chance this week. Don't let Palmer get comfortable, and keep the run game contained and that will give the offense a shot to keep them in this.

Sorry guys but I just don't see a win this week. AZ is a great fb team and we are 1 beer short of a sixpack. If the offense can generate points on a consistent basis then they will have a shot. But I just don't see them coming out on top. IIRC, last year it was quite lucky for me to predict losses! :noidea:

AZ 27 - PIT 17

Your thoughts kind of mirror mine...what gives me more hope is CHI, SF, NO, DET have total of 3 wins combined...for the most part, all have been poor on OFC and DEF this season...so are we REALLY looking at a powerhouse here?

The one noted DEF they played...they lost to them at home...I'm not saying our DEF is the same as STL, but imo not a huge drop off the way they have played lately...I think Massie is just okay at RT...maybe Moats, but I can see Dupree making some plays with his quickness...Palmer ain't going nowhere...they just gotta get back there and make him start thinking that rush.

The only way I see 27 on this DEF at home is if they get some short fields...but we might do well to score 17.

Shazier...it's starting to look doubtful for him again, and it seems like they are not rushing C. Allen back either. Idt we see either of them on Sunday.

Pouncey...go figure...probably DEC/JAN if we see him back this year. Wallace is taking a lot of heat on another Steeler DB I was on this week, but I contend he's a backup playing against starters...needs to cut back on the holding penalties, but he's going to struggle vs top shelf DTs in this league...that's why he's a backup.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shazier...it's starting to look doubtful for him again, and it seems like they are not rushing C. Allen back either. Idt we see either of them on Sunday.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shazier to miss his 4th consecutive game :L

Also... With W.Allen out is Golden going to start? Or Shamarko? :noidea:

If JJ sits do we see Chickillo get his first gameday helmet?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AZ 27 - PIT 17

Lucky again!

In a word...Landry.

More later.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recap...

Once again... "It's not how you start..." lol

Coaching... I question Tomlin's decision to let Landry go for 2 after his 1st TD. That really could have bitten them in the ass, but thankfully it didn't. Haley continues his questionable playcalling. If it weren't for Landry Jones & Martavis Bryant saving the day, I'm pretty sure Snoop Dogg would be posting more Haley-Hater videos. His playcall to run on a 3rd & long in the RZ was a headscratcher. So much for that perfect RZ percentage! Butler has his unit playing solid and seems to be improving on a weekly basis. I'll go with a B-

O... Holy ineffective offense batman! Vick's inability to pass the ball was a huge hinderance to the playbook. I'm still not quite convinced that Haley doesn't deserve some of the blame though. But its hard to argue with the fact that it took Vick's injury to make the offense look effective again. Wonder what @SteelersPride has to say about that? :think: lol I kid, I kid! 1 yd passing at halftime? lol. His stats would have been A LOT worse if it weren't for a couple of penalties that negated interceptions. But I was amazed with the way the team hung tough through everything. The defense kept them in contention, but they were finally able to capitalize late in the game. They suffered a huge blow by losing Beachum for the rest of the year (ACL tear confirmed - more on that later). Villanueva played well, but could be a liability down the stretch. They will need him to mature fast! For as much crap as we have given Landry, he certainly proved to be more than capable of steering this ship. I will be more than happy to eat that plate of crow! But now the biggest question will be: Who do they choose as the QB next week? I think the Vick experiment should be taken out to pasture so I vote Landry. With a full week of 1st team reps Landry should start to get the timing down. You could see AB was trying to coach him on multiple occasions on the sidelines. He may not have the experience that Tomlin prefers, but at least he can connect with the receivers. Hard to go anything over a C grade.

D... They continue their hotstreak of being opportunistic. This win would not have been possible if it weren't for this group. They may have bled yards all morning, but they made the stops when it counted and created a few crucial turnovers that changed the momentum of the game. Hats off to the front 7 for creating great pressure up front. Run game was once again lights out. Shoutouts to V-Will for creating that LT interception, and Mitchell for getting that huge INT in the endzone. I hate to knock Mitchell on that play, but I'm pretty sure Ike Taylor could have got that INT lol. Palmer made a HUGE mistake making that throw. Cockrell & Blake got abused in the passing game, but they stood their ground and made a few plays in critical moments. Cockrell needs to keep his hands off the damn receivers down the field! Solid games by Golden & Spence. I'll go with an optimistic B+ grade despite the yardage they gave up lol. The turnovers were huge today.

ST... Boswell continues to be CASH! Huge day for this kid! Berry had 2 awful punts that set up AZ with great field position, but before the half when they needed to pin them deep he came up with close to a 70yd punt for a touchback. That'll keep the coaches off his back lol. B

Overall... Color me shocked! I did not see this win coming. Thanks to some "questionable" officiating, Carson Palmer showing why he has never been elite, and some late game heroics by Landry & Marty! AZ shot themselves in the foot a lot today, but I won't complain! I will say that this game was a much closer matchup than I had anticipated. If Ben played in this game it would have been a blowout. Tough game, but a huge win! Arians & Palmer had a LONG flight home today lol. Solid B grade for the win today.

Outlook... Back on the road next week to KC to face a team that just lost its franchise player, and has lost 5 straight games. They are a very vulnerable team, but make no mistake, they will be tough. Arrowhead stadium is one of the toughest places to play in the NFL. Hopefully Landry gets the start and he gains some much needed confidence. Look for the team to sign some help to the O-line. They only have 2 healthy OT's on the roster now. Adams is still on the PUP/Reserve List so I'm not sure what his status is. Haven't heard a peep about him in months. They have one guy on the PS, name is Matt Feiler. He played last year with the Texans. Not sure who is available in FA, but my guess is the pickings are slim. Better to groom through PS's for some budding talent.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no words, vick looked liek hell, jones looked amazing throwing drop passes, touch passes, pocket poise, The o line dominated...........the d made plays, the coaches made adjustments and villaneuva stepped in for a top 5 rated tackle and played awesome

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no words, vick looked liek hell, jones looked amazing throwing drop passes, touch passes, pocket poise, The o line dominated...........the d made plays, the coaches made adjustments and villaneuva stepped in for a top 5 rated tackle and played awesome
Landry Jones... Our Hero...

That tasted bitter lol

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recap...

Once again... "It's not how you start..." lol

Coaching... I question Tomlin's decision to let Landry go for 2 after his 1st TD. That really could have bitten them in the ass, but thankfully it didn't. Haley continues his questionable playcalling. If it weren't for Landry Jones & Martavis Bryant saving the day, I'm pretty sure Snoop Dogg would be posting more Haley-Hater videos. His playcall to run on a 3rd & long in the RZ was a headscratcher. So much for that perfect RZ percentage! Butler has his unit playing solid and seems to be improving on a weekly basis. I'll go with a B-

O... Holy ineffective offense batman! Vick's inability to pass the ball was a huge hinderance to the playbook. I'm still not quite convinced that Haley doesn't deserve some of the blame though. But its hard to argue with the fact that it took Vick's injury to make the offense look effective again. Wonder what @SteelersPride has to say about that? :think: lol I kid, I kid! 1 yd passing at halftime? lol. His stats would have been A LOT worse if it weren't for a couple of penalties that negated interceptions. But I was amazed with the way the team hung tough through everything. The defense kept them in contention, but they were finally able to capitalize late in the game. They suffered a huge blow by losing Beachum for the rest of the year (ACL tear confirmed - more on that later). Villanueva played well, but could be a liability down the stretch. They will need him to mature fast! For as much crap as we have given Landry, he certainly proved to be more than capable of steering this ship. I will be more than happy to eat that plate of crow! But now the biggest question will be: Who do they choose as the QB next week? I think the Vick experiment should be taken out to pasture so I vote Landry. With a full week of 1st team reps Landry should start to get the timing down. You could see AB was trying to coach him on multiple occasions on the sidelines. He may not have the experience that Tomlin prefers, but at least he can connect with the receivers. Hard to go anything over a C grade.

D... They continue their hotstreak of being opportunistic. This win would not have been possible if it weren't for this group. They may have bled yards all morning, but they made the stops when it counted and created a few crucial turnovers that changed the momentum of the game. Hats off to the front 7 for creating great pressure up front. Run game was once again lights out. Shoutouts to V-Will for creating that LT interception, and Mitchell for getting that huge INT in the endzone. I hate to knock Mitchell on that play, but I'm pretty sure Ike Taylor could have got that INT lol. Palmer made a HUGE mistake making that throw. Cockrell & Blake got abused in the passing game, but they stood their ground and made a few plays in critical moments. Cockrell needs to keep his hands off the damn receivers down the field! Solid games by Golden & Spence. I'll go with an optimistic B+ grade despite the yardage they gave up lol. The turnovers were huge today.

ST... Boswell continues to be CASH! Huge day for this kid! Berry had 2 awful punts that set up AZ with great field position, but before the half when they needed to pin them deep he came up with close to a 70yd punt for a touchback. That'll keep the coaches off his back lol. B

Overall... Color me shocked! I did not see this win coming. Thanks to some "questionable" officiating, Carson Palmer showing why he has never been elite, and some late game heroics by Landry & Marty! AZ shot themselves in the foot a lot today, but I won't complain! I will say that this game was a much closer matchup than I had anticipated. If Ben played in this game it would have been a blowout. Tough game, but a huge win! Arians & Palmer had a LONG flight home today lol. Solid B grade for the win today.

Outlook... Back on the road next week to KC to face a team that just lost its franchise player, and has lost 5 straight games. They are a very vulnerable team, but make no mistake, they will be tough. Arrowhead stadium is one of the toughest places to play in the NFL. Hopefully Landry gets the start and he gains some much needed confidence. Look for the team to sign some help to the O-line. They only have 2 healthy OT's on the roster now. Adams is still on the PUP/Reserve List so I'm not sure what his status is. Haven't heard a peep about him in months. They have one guy on the PS, name is Matt Feiler. He played last year with the Texans. Not sure who is available in FA, but my guess is the pickings are slim. Better to groom through PS's for some budding talent.

Great post Face per norm.

Piggy backing...short and sweet version...sort of.

Vick...we were wrong...It's not working...he should be QB3 on this team. At 1st I thought it was Haley as well, but Landry being here 2 yrs the playbook is 4x the size.

Landry...got eat my share of crow here too...never saw it coming but he was the catalyst behind this OFC turnaround. He has to get this start in KC imo...keep Bell in the mix and it's hard to tee off on the QB

HC...following p-b-p on line...I could not gather why PIT called a DEF TO at 3:07 ahead on the game...3rd down for AZ after spiking the play before...that left 1 TO...AZ easily got the 1st so whatever they expected they didn't get.

DEF... AZ got a lot of garbage yds down 2 possessions to pad Palmer's stats, but this was the true definition of bend, don't break...3 RZ turnovers...the FF by JH was wicked. Heyward was getting pressure on the Mitchell pick, but I'm not certain Ike comes down with that.

Beach...gambled on himself and lost...hindsight is always 20/20, but imo he wasn't playing like a top 10 LT, should have taken the deal...wish him well getting back, but realistically he's probably looking at a 1 yr prove it deal before he will get a long term deal. AV is next man up...The PS kid has to get moved up to have a 3rd T I guess...injuries have hit the team more severely so far, but they are hanging in there.