• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 6: 49ers @ Redskins

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a good game. Much closer than I thought it would be. Losing both Malcolm Smith and Rueben Foster is killing us. You guys took advantage early by getting the ball to the running backs underneath and our current linebackers specifically Coyle couldn't cover anyone.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have that back in Perine. HAving said that, I think he needs to learn that thing called patience and how to pick his spots. Right now he is still a bull in a china shop and has not yet realized, he cant just bully every one at the NFL level as he did in college. He is still trying to simply run through defensive lineman too often. We need to keep feeding him though and I think eventually with some coaching and film study, he will figure out where the holes are and while he is no speed demon, I think if he can get to the second level relatively clean, thats where we will see him shine. Because while he cant bully the average NFL D-lineman, I think if he gets to the average LB or Safety clean, thats where the truck'em mentality will pay off.
I still think Perine has potential, and you are right, he needs patience. He was better yesterday. He will most likely never be an elite RB (just don't think he is an instinctive runner), but he has potential to be a serviceable back.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its starting too. I like the scrambling and keeping plays alive. He didn't do that last year or ever. Yes, I think he is a better Qb this year.
He has really surprised me with his legs. What comes next needs to be the scramble and then pull up to hit the open receiver. That will happen as the secondary comes off their man with his threat to run for chunks of yards.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Perine has potential, and you are right, he needs patience. He was better yesterday. He will most likely never be an elite RB (just don't think he is an instinctive runner), but he has potential to be a serviceable back.

I will take serviceable... you kinda know my thinking on chasing elite. As far as him being instinctive, his instinct is to truck people.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That block he got called for a penalty which it shouldn't have been was awesome too.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He should not be too patient. He sometimes takes forever to get going once he is handled the ball - needs to be more instinctive & just hit the hole already.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aah gotcha. That sucks. Imagine his production if he could play almost every snap. Even if it's just 70-75% instead of 60-65%.

One of those injuries was a broken back, or more precisely, compression fractures of his T5 vertebra and T6 vertebra back in 2011. CT isn't exactly small at 5'8" 191 pounds, but that's not exactly big either. Broken backs and necks aren't anything to play with either. 16 carries for CT imo isn't something that needs to be a weekly thing. We really need someone, SP, Kelley, Mack Brown to step up. Though I wouldn't be opposed to signing a vet via FA come next year.