• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 6: 49ers @ Redskins

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, special thanks to Garcon for the offensive pass interference call. That was huge!!! Frgin Hopkins almost blew the game. KC was huge in the 4th qtr. We absolutely have no running game whats so ever. It amazes me why you guys didn't want Petersen or trade for Hyde. Hyde does everything. Runs, blocks, and catches.

back to the game. Dunbar stepped up huge at the end. Losing both starting CB's should spell disaster but we held up expect for Moureu gaff that cost us a TD. I wasn't impressed with our pass rush at all. We didn't pressure the rookie Qb at all. The Davis fumble was a bad call we are getting no love from instant replay. Forearm was down. Not even close. This offense is running through CT, Grant and Davis. Think about that for a moment guys. Who would of thought of those three names at the beginning of the season.

The 49ers did miss a fg in this game so I am considering ourselves lucky today. I was upset at Way for punting the ball in the endzone on our final possession that has to be downed inside the 10. Then Hopkins missing the extra point is just bad. The two plays that almost did us in was the Davis so called fumble and the Moreau blown coverage. We could of lost to the 49es today. We need to find a running game fast.

Standing on shaky ground with this type of play Dean. Throw in a bad call and suddenly we are in dog fight with an 0-5 team. We won but man our team looks like Swiss cheese. Holes everywere. The lack of pass rush really allow the rookie QB to get quite comfortable in the pocket. He looked like he's been to this rodeo before. The Garcon mishap was very instrumental in keeping the niners from atleast attempting a long FG. KC was not consistent either but he made some key plays. I'm also concern about some injuries also.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not real happy with a lot of things. Extremely lucky to get the win...at home... against an 0-5 team... you had down 17 -0. We always seem to allow a team to drive and score before half after dominating 1 and 2/3 quarter. Not certain if we tire, get lax’d or go into a prevent. Either way its bad coaching to not stay on the aggressive. Also, seems our best play from five yards out is the reed option. In other words.. we have to get gimmicky just to get it into the endzone.

Clock management. Why does Jay Gruden run run run when you need a 1st down to therorhetically end the game with 2 min 30 sec left. The 3rd and 4 or 5 came with just over a minute and the 49ers had two time outs. You play to win the game. Throw the ball on 2nd or 3rd or even first down. I get it you want the clock to roll but that type of conservitive play calling almost cost us the game... and actually, should have.

As Dean pointed out about our pass rush. You have a rookie QB on their side and a depleted secondary on ours late in a tight game and you rush 4. Any QB in NFL can find an open guy regardless if you have 7 defenders if you give him all day to throw it. Why not send the house at crunch time and force him to get rid of it quick.

This team is frustrating to say the least.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can only think that the flag came in for him falling on top of the guy after he drove him to the ground. Aside from that, he did exactly wat you expect from a first round O-lineman

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of truth here. Contend and the prize becomes obtainable

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed this. So great.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know...?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not real happy with a lot of things. Extremely lucky to get the win...at home... against an 0-5 team... you had down 17 -0. We always seem to allow a team to drive and score before half after dominating 1 and 2/3 quarter. Not certain if we tire, get lax’d or go into a prevent. Either way its bad coaching to not stay on the aggressive. Also, seems our best play from five yards out is the reed option. In other words.. we have to get gimmicky just to get it into the endzone.

Clock management. Why does Jay Gruden run run run when you need a 1st down to therorhetically end the game with 2 min 30 sec left. The 3rd and 4 or 5 came with just over a minute and the 49ers had two time outs. You play to win the game. Throw the ball on 2nd or 3rd or even first down. I get it you want the clock to roll but that type of conservitive play calling almost cost us the game... and actually, should have.

As Dean pointed out about our pass rush. You have a rookie QB on their side and a depleted secondary on ours late in a tight game and you rush 4. Any QB in NFL can find an open guy regardless if you have 7 defenders if you give him all day to throw it. Why not send the house at crunch time and force him to get rid of it quick.

This team is frustrating to say the least.

Don't forget that 49ers 1st half TD was made possible by a Swearinger penalty that extended a drive that would have likely ended in a FG. We have seen some of this dumb play in the recent past. Team is going to have to show some more discipline at times.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, special thanks to Garcon for the offensive pass interference call. That was huge!!! Frgin Hopkins almost blew the game. KC was huge in the 4th qtr. We absolutely have no running game whats so ever. It amazes me why you guys didn't want Petersen or trade for Hyde. Hyde does everything. Runs, blocks, and catches.

back to the game. Dunbar stepped up huge at the end. Losing both starting CB's should spell disaster but we held up expect for Moureu gaff that cost us a TD. I wasn't impressed with our pass rush at all. We didn't pressure the rookie Qb at all. The Davis fumble was a bad call we are getting no love from instant replay. Forearm was down. Not even close. This offense is running through CT, Grant and Davis. Think about that for a moment guys. Who would of thought of those three names at the beginning of the season.

The 49ers did miss a fg in this game so I am considering ourselves lucky today. I was upset at Way for punting the ball in the endzone on our final possession that has to be downed inside the 10. Then Hopkins missing the extra point is just bad. The two plays that almost did us in was the Davis so called fumble and the Moreau blown coverage. We could of lost to the 49es today. We need to find a running game fast.
I agree with most of this, Dean. So we are now well into the season. You mention that KC stepped up huge in the 4th QTR. We have seen him do this in over half the games this season. Since the 1st game, his play has been solid and we have definitely seen him actually make plays when nothing is there, something he really hadn't done before. Has your opinion of him changed at all at this point?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can y'all please tell me why Chris Thompson is only in on 61% of the snaps after the production he's putting up??

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can y'all please tell me why Chris Thompson is only in on 61% of the snaps after the production he's putting up??
Because of injury concern. He is not a big body and cannot take repeated hits. He got 20 touches yesterday. You use him more than that and there is a good chance he gets injured. He is an ideal 3rd down back, but we need another RB that can counter him, expecially in short yardage situations.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of injury concern. He is not a big body and cannot take repeated hits. He got 20 touches yesterday. You use him more than that and there is a good chance he gets injured. He is an ideal 3rd down back, but we need another RB that can counter him, expecially in short yardage situations.

Aah gotcha. That sucks. Imagine his production if he could play almost every snap. Even if it's just 70-75% instead of 60-65%.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we have that back in Perine. HAving said that, I think he needs to learn that thing called patience and how to pick his spots. Right now he is still a bull in a china shop and has not yet realized, he cant just bully every one at the NFL level as he did in college. He is still trying to simply run through defensive lineman too often. We need to keep feeding him though and I think eventually with some coaching and film study, he will figure out where the holes are and while he is no speed demon, I think if he can get to the second level relatively clean, thats where we will see him shine. Because while he cant bully the average NFL D-lineman, I think if he gets to the average LB or Safety clean, thats where the truck'em mentality will pay off.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of this, Dean. So we are now well into the season. You mention that KC stepped up huge in the 4th QTR. We have seen him do this in over half the games this season. Since the 1st game, his play has been solid and we have definitely seen him actually make plays when nothing is there, something he really hadn't done before. Has your opinion of him changed at all at this point?

Its starting too. I like the scrambling and keeping plays alive. He didn't do that last year or ever. Yes, I think he is a better Qb this year.