• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 6: 49ers @ Redskins

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think SF is that bad. We should have destroyed them. Remember they were gifted 7 points while we had the ball on their side.

As it turns out, we won thankfully.

I still say on any given Sunday. Nothing is ever given. Remember they missed a FG too.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
onto the next one

Redskins @ Eagles on Monday Night Football

DMNL8ENUEAAQCxg.jpg:large
this is for first place in nfc east right???

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GM figured it out as most DC have. When the time is on your side (other team has no timeouts) defense the sidelines.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any reason we are calling time outs to save SF

The clock was stopped when the Skins called them but I wondered why give them a chance to talk. I think Gruden wanted to set and settle our D so we didn't have a miscommunication like Robinson's TD.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@countryroads316 n @coach_spurrier_1

Maybe y'all think your negative, chicken little, sky is always falling way of rooting for the Skins is how you best help the Redskins. If that's the case I just wanna say y'all are doing a damn fine job at it.

Cuz y'all are some poop butt, Dr Bad Vibes, Bad Luck Shelprock acting bitches. For real.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big shout to Quentin Dunbar. Like a rock at the end of the game.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@countryroads316 n @coach_spurrier_1

Maybe y'all think your negative, chicken little, sky is always falling way of rooting for the Skins is how you best help the Redskins. If that's the case I just wanna say y'all are doing a damn fine job at it.

Cuz y'all are some poop butt, Dr Bad Vibes, Bad Luck Shelprock acting bitches. For real.

The way I look at it is....the history of this team is hard to overcome for a lot of folks. The expectation of some sort of FU is deeply ingrained to the psyche of Washington sports nation. Just going to take time and a lot of consistency on the successful side to heal that.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong,,, Iza aint kicking not none outs da bed,,, but not the prettiest in the league.

your ebonics could use some work

but i think i understand what you're saying ?

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your ebonics could use some work

but i think i understand what you're saying ?
Word,, cold gots ta be say what I say...lol. C'mon,,, give me a break,,, Im as white as they come. Doin my best.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I look at it is....the history of this team is hard to overcome for a lot of folks. The expectation of some sort of FU is deeply ingrained to the psyche of Washington sports nation. Just going to take time and a lot of consistency on the successful side to heal that.

Meh. Perhaps you are correct. I've been a Clippers fan back to the days they were the Buffalo Braves, then the San Diego Clippers to the Los Angeles Clippers today. No matter how good it seemed at any one time with the Clippers in the last couple years. I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop. Their snake bitten history is a HUGE reason why, but at the same time........

I may think the other shoe is gonna drop. I've even felt at times that I knew the other shoe was about to drop. But I don't actively root for the shit to happen nor do I constantly put it out there in the atmosphere with negative posts or thoughts spoken out loud every time a bump is hit in the road, there's a hitch in my giddy-up, or a Clipper makes a bad play or the opposition makes a good play.

Should the Skins beat the 9ers? Yes, I thought they should've w/o question.

Are the 9ers a bad team? Yes, but they aren't total garbage and if you look at their past 4 games. They've lost every of em by 3 points or less with 2 of those going into OT. The Seahawks beat them 12-9 and the Rams beat them 41-39. Both the Hawks and Rams are good teams imo.

Would I have liked to cruise to a 34-17 victory today? Yep no doubt, but I was ready for a nail-biter due to all the things pointing just that way. I really don't see how a Skins fan could expect something else tbh.

But to each his own I guess. Dreamers will be dreamers, people with realistic expectations will have realistic expectations and people who throw hissy fits and bitch-fests at the first hint of trouble will continue to throw hissy fits and bitch-fests.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call them a bad team. Insert a QB (KC) and they are a decent team. So glad the Cowboys now have to face a winless 9ers team. Without Seke it becomes a very winnable game for niners.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, special thanks to Garcon for the offensive pass interference call. That was huge!!! Frgin Hopkins almost blew the game. KC was huge in the 4th qtr. We absolutely have no running game whats so ever. It amazes me why you guys didn't want Petersen or trade for Hyde. Hyde does everything. Runs, blocks, and catches.

back to the game. Dunbar stepped up huge at the end. Losing both starting CB's should spell disaster but we held up expect for Moureu gaff that cost us a TD. I wasn't impressed with our pass rush at all. We didn't pressure the rookie Qb at all. The Davis fumble was a bad call we are getting no love from instant replay. Forearm was down. Not even close. This offense is running through CT, Grant and Davis. Think about that for a moment guys. Who would of thought of those three names at the beginning of the season.

The 49ers did miss a fg in this game so I am considering ourselves lucky today. I was upset at Way for punting the ball in the endzone on our final possession that has to be downed inside the 10. Then Hopkins missing the extra point is just bad. The two plays that almost did us in was the Davis so called fumble and the Moreau blown coverage. We could of lost to the 49es today. We need to find a running game fast.