• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5, Los Angeles Rams @ Washington Redskins, Sunday, 10/11/20, 10:00 AM PDT

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to love the side line reporting these days.

“ update on Dak injury, per Dallas, it is a right ankle injury guys “.

you’ve got to be kidding me! I would’ve never guessed a right ankle injury from watching the play.
How about the announcer saying he hopes it's just a cramp when Dak's foot was turned sideways..??:trash:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a huge blow since that division is going to be wide open. Wonder if they’re regretting letting Garrett go.

I feel like you guys will never be serious contenders until Snyder sells the team. I’ve always felt like he wants to emulate Jerry Jones and it just doesn’t work. You guys need a rebuild that’ll take a few years I believe. But the question is, is Snyder going to be patient enough to wait for that to happen.
We will NEVER win or be able to rebuild if Danny Boy doesn’t stay the F out of football decisions. Dude does not know how to evaluate talent and has presented new coaches with QBs that he is google eyed over. We shall see if RR can right the ship. I think he’s set for failure as a GM/coach. Next legit move needs to be a GM hire to keep the long term vision of player personnel decisions.

It won’t take a few years imo, think we’ll make a run next year. As long as the clown show stays away.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will NEVER win or be able to rebuild if Danny Boy doesn’t stay the F out of football decisions. Dude does not know how to evaluate talent and has presented new coaches with QBs that he is google eyed over. We shall see if RR can right the ship. I think he’s set for failure as a GM/coach. Next legit move needs to be a GM hire to keep the long term vision of player personnel decisions.

It won’t take a few years imo, think we’ll make a run next year. As long as the clown show stays away.
I feel like he’ll get at least three seasons before they dump him. Having a GM/coach isn’t always the best move because we all saw some of the stupid stuff Houston has done the past couple seasons with O’Brien. The coach should just worry about on field play and leave everything else to the GM.
Dan needs to not worry about the spotlight and put together a good football team because when he is in the spotlight, it’s usually for the wrong reasons.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like he’ll get at least three seasons before they dump him. Having a GM/coach isn’t always the best move because we all saw some of the stupid stuff Houston has done the past couple seasons with O’Brien. The coach should just worry about on field play and leave everything else to the GM.
Dan needs to not worry about the spotlight and put together a good football team because when he is in the spotlight, it’s usually for the wrong reasons.
Dan needs to provide money and that’s it, stay out of personnel. Luckily he’s involved with law suits up the wazoo and may be forced to sell the team soon. I pray it happens.

HUGE mistake not to have a GM. But baby steps. RR wouldn’t come aboard without that clause. What with his cancer, I hope he realizes that he needs a GM and we make the move to be a legit franchise again. RRs hooked in for 5 years so he’ll have time to shape the culture. At least Snyder doesn’t have a quick hook on firing HCs , so there’s that. Except Marty way back in the early 2000s. So there’s a small window of optimism

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan needs to provide money and that’s it, stay out of personnel. Luckily he’s involved with law suits up the wazoo and may be forced to sell the team soon. I pray it happens.

HUGE mistake not to have a GM. But baby steps. RR wouldn’t come aboard without that clause. What with his cancer, I hope he realizes that he needs a GM and we make the move to be a legit franchise again. RRs hooked in for 5 years so he’ll have time to shape the culture. At least Snyder doesn’t have a quick hook on firing HCs , so there’s that. Except Marty way back in the early 2000s. So there’s a small window of optimism
With his cancer, he should worry more about his health than what all is already on his plate. Hire someone that’ll agree mostly with his vision and be the go between to Snyder so he won’t interfere as much. Oh, and won’t sign bad long term deals like Norman’s.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his cancer, he should worry more about his health than what all is already on his plate. Hire someone that’ll agree mostly with his vision and be the go between to Snyder so he won’t interfere as much. Oh, and won’t sign bad long term deals like Norman’s.
That’s what I’m hoping for

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Fail. My team only flashed on D, which is our main strength and even RR in the Presser said their performance was the most concerning part of the loss yesterday. Honestly don’t know what to think. Talents there, flashes there. Then knuckle headed coverage breakdowns and complete lack of discipline. Sheesh.

I have to say, I just HOPE Skins can take some lessons from y’all. Maybe RR should look to McVay for advice on how to game plan too.

Good luck down the road. I’ll be rooting for you in the division!

Keys From Cooley and Kevin. A few are mine -hee hee

-Create enuff pressure with 4-5 guys to disrupt and frazzle Goffs timing and rhythm
-Play near perfect disciplined run defense, stuff the Rams RBS, can’t let even 1 huge break run play
-Cant allow lots of 3rd down conversions. The Rams have punted least in the NFL. Incredibly good at
-Offensive efficiency, I think number one DVOA in the league.
-Kyle Allen needs to play efficient, ball security O
-Skins needs to keep score close. We are average score differential at the beginning of drives is 9-1/2 points behind the opponent. Only better than the Jets.
- somehow gotta limit AAron Donald. Sheesh, this is gonna be tuff given our OLine newbies and injuries. Dude is a beast. He can single handedly wreck the game.
-Need 142 yards in screen passes this week lol. Swing pass, bubble screens etc get that ball out quickly Kyle. Rams have a GREAT secondary so we might NOT get a chance to see many deep passes.
- Ball security from Kyle.
-long sustained possession of the ball on O to KEEP the Rams O off the field. We can’t punt
-SCORE on drives :pound:
-We are worst in the league at average starting field position after kickoffs. This has gotta change. We have to get more efficient returning balls. Wonder who they are gonna trot out this week or if it’s still inman. We are tiring our excellent D out with this field position SHITE!
-Special Teams does fall for boneheaded shit like fake punts etc
- WIN the TO battle and keep close time of possession on the field

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we had a decent game with the D looking pretty stout. The Cards win, San Fran loses big to the Dolphins, and those lucky stiffs in Seattle eek by the Vikings. We are one game back of the SeaHags and I cannot wait to see Donald all over Russell just to watch Pete Carroll squirm. What a snake!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the announcer saying he hopes it's just a cramp when Dak's foot was turned sideways..??:trash:
I felt bad for Dak. That is what can happen when you put the whole team on the QBs back with no help around him. I don't think he will get back on the field this season. And they just paid him a bundle.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawdy....just heard the stats... -6 yards on O in the second half of yesterday’s game. Ya think Donald had a good time...lol. We deserved that - what the heck was Turners lame ass O game plan?! We had a better plan with the Ravens D, which I think you can argue is better than the Rams D...both excellent mind you and st least we moved the ball at 2 scores down....against the Ravens D

I guess RR and ST game plan was, publicly humiliate your young healthy QB and make him QB3 so you can’t ever play him again or develop him in case you didn’t get it right on DH...put out your savior Kyle, who knows your system better but it is Mr mobile Turnover (Cuz apparently Turner can’t adjust his game plan from 1 style) and then back him up with Mr Rust and check down Charlie who just came bAck from almost losing his life and leg....behind that Oline for two quarters facing a D that is 3 scores up with a beast like Donald licking his chops..and ready to pin his ears back.

Great plan Ron Reversal. Damn This team I can’t quit.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt bad for Dak. That is what can happen when you put the whole team on the QBs back with no help around him. I don't think he will get back on the field this season. And they just paid him a bundle.
Actually he was supposed to re-sign this coming off season.... He turned down a 5 year 175 mil extension betting he could make more after this season.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he was supposed to re-sign this coming off season.... He turned down a 5 year 175 mil extension betting he could make more after this season.
Hoping JJ is as stupid as Danny Boy was with Cuz and franchise tags Dak 2 years in a row :dhd:

The awful injury lessens that outcome however Cuz Dak loses leverage. Grrrr. Feel awful for Dak, practically the only Cowboy I’d like on the Skins.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping JJ is as stupid as Danny Boy was with Cuz and franchise tags Dak 2 years in a row :dhd:

The awful injury lessens that outcome however Cuz Dak loses leverage. Grrrr. Feel awful for Dak, practically the only Cowboy I’d like on the Skins.
One could say he was greedy, passing on the five year, $175 million contract offer, with a $100M guaranteed.

Now if he doesn't play another down, and as the dual treat he used to be, I don't know if that happens, he only has that 1 year franchise tag of $30M, not sure how much of that is guaranteed.

Sucks for him, but I think he got bad advise. $100M guaranteed is generational changing.... And risking that to get a fraction more played out in the worst way for Dak.

If I were advising Dak in the contract dispute, a hold out would have been in play over signing the franchise tag, 100%.

Well at least in hind sight.

:lol:

So sorry for the dude, but I did think at the time, he should take the deal, he was in fact a 4th rounder after all who came into the league with one of the best offensive lines, and one of the best running backs in the league on a team who never met their potential entirely in his rookie contract.

Especially considering that shit storm of a Division they play in....

No offense @Caliskinsfan .

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona and SF both slipping up lately.....the West is going to come down to LA vs Seattle....

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sorry for the dude, but I did think at the time, he should take the deal, he was in fact a 4th rounder after all who came into the league with one of the best offensive lines, and one of the best running backs in the league on a team who never met their potential.
Agree here absolutely. Wonder if he has the same agent as Cuz. Cuz played that beautifully with a fuck up of a FO, thing is, no freak injury. Cuz always thought he was better than he was, but I believe Danny Boy deserved it for the awful way they handled that sitch.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree here absolutely. Wonder if he has the same agent as Cuz. Cuz played that beautifully with a fuck up of a FO, thing is, no freak injury. Cuz always thought he was better than he was, but I believe Danny Boy deserved it for the awful way they handled that sitch.
Two things about your FO, they either had the foresight to draft Cousins' early, even though they invested so heavily on the position guy they drafted in front of him (And they really kept that position open for grabs considering the actual investment in RGIII)

Or your FO just didn't have the balls to leverage their investment.

One has to ask, what position player could they have taken at Cousins' spot, that would have given RGIII a greater opportunity to succeed long term.

In this league, it can be just that one stud player, taken in Cousin's spot, that could have been a catalyst in Griffin's long term success.

Look no further than some of these dual threat QB's having huge success, maybe RGIII was the sign of things to come, but while Washington could have been the blueprint of things to come in the NFL, they just didn't believe themselves once they drafted Cousins IMO.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they did have the foresight to draft the dude early,
That was all Shanahan. Smart cuz he liked Cuz for the price better than RG3 who he knew needed the right scheme to set him up for success. Kyle provides that and than RG thought he knew better. Talk about entitled. It was Snyder who was all in....again and created a personal relationship with Robert that poisoned the whole locker room and led to the dismissal of both Shanahans...and the beginning of the Jay Gruden era. Who was again hamstrung by the owner into starting injured Griffin instead of healthy Cuz the next year after the ‘all in for week 1 video love fest that Griffin used to enhance his branding of himself.

Fault. Our idiot owner. May he rot and get ousted soon.