• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5, Los Angeles Rams @ Washington Redskins, Sunday, 10/11/20, 10:00 AM PDT

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week begins a two-week-away-from So-Fi stretch that includes the Redskins and the Niners. Going into Sunday's game, there is a very good chance we will see Cam Akers and Jordon Fuller back from injuries. We may even see Lewis, our newest badass edge rusher back from his knee injury as McVay has made it known that Lewis' return has a high probability. So that will be a plus for the D that is really beginning to get nasty.

Our Offense has some polishing and cleaning-up to do and that bunch ain't going to be able to go to a Ron Rivera coached game and just be lackadaisical like last week against the Geeants. Goff, Kupp, Whitworth, and McVay have made it known they will be working on a whole bunch of stuff in prep for this game.

This is another game that could easily be a W but the Rams are going to have get that, we-are-here-aren't-you-lucky attitude out of their heads and show-up to kick some serious buttock.

Should be a fun game and we shall see how things play out.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sincere admiration for you titling my ‘Football Team’ no names as Redskins. I’ll read this thread with interest as I have some catching up to do in terms of what the Rams have been doing this year.

Know y’all are gonna be a huge challenge for DH, who is very raw and has shown lack of poise when pressured. Something of note, he has a tendency to step left when the pocket begins to collapse and teams have used stunts to sack him for that. He’s still doing it. Makes me nervous against your very fierce front, especially Donald...who is amazing.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to have ya back on this thread Caliskinsfan!
Thank you! Good to be seen. Took a long break from tHoop, life got in the way and my Skins were just a shite show.

Skins DLine and RR as a coach got me intrigued again. Love the young guns and think they could really be a force as they grow and gel.

Feel free to pop over to our board, I’ll be posting tons of stuff about the game and I always enjoy the opponent viewpoint!

Really looking forward to the game, cheers.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sincere admiration for you titling my ‘Football Team’ no names as Redskins. I’ll read this thread with interest as I have some catching up to do in terms of what the Rams have been doing this year.

Know y’all are gonna be a huge challenge for DH, who is very raw and has shown lack of poise when pressured. Something of note, he has a tendency to step left when the pocket begins to collapse and teams have used stunts to sack him for that. He’s still doing it. Makes me nervous against your very fierce front, especially Donald...who is amazing.
Yea, this attempt to destroy a Professional football team with an out-of-control-PC in a town that has lost its grip on reality; When all important members of remaining Indian tribes have already stated they could care less about any of it; When nobody has raised a stink about the Chiefs using their logo with reference to an Indian tribunal position, I too refuse to yield to a bunch of nutbags who don't get much of anything in this American Culture except their snowflake whining and behaving worst than any normal child. I shall always refer to the Washington Football club as the Washington Redskins for already mentioned reasons until the day I die. Period!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just call all my NFCE friends ‘dirty redskins’ wannabes in a not so silent protest to stir the pot... :heh:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major plot twist. Kyle Allen will start against y’all this week. DC media and fans are gonna be in a frenzy lol

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Washington W's will be desperate for a victory just like the Giants were so both the offense and the defense for the Rams had better be ready.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis is being activated for the Game against the Redskins. Our Edge rush just got better. Micah Kiser and Troy Hill will probably be deactivated because both have nagging, debilitating injuries. Kiser has a strained groin and Hill, a Hammie.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries really showing up for teams this year. We will likely have a pretty rough Oline we are trotting out Sunday. Possibly 3rd stringer lining up at RG and just saw that our Center might not be able to play. All this with newbies at LG and LT. Should be fascinating to see what Turner does to help with pressure from y’all. This could get really, really ugly. In essence, we are trotting out an injured Oline that looked like the Eagles Oline when we faced them with our DLine in week 1 and got 8 sacks...lol

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can one of you explain to me any significant injuries on your side. I’m not that familiar with your players outside Donald, your operating extremely well Oline and Goff’s DVOA when it comes to passing efficiency.

I have noted the excellent balance McVay has maintained with runs and passes and his success off of play action, of which I’m quite familiar with. That Oline looks like it’s been great at creating holes for your run game, almost looks like plug and play. I see Cam Akers will be back, how healthy and productive has he been, outside of the stats Which I’ve seen. Is he dynamic with the eye on the field?

Who should the Skins be focusing on as the Rams offensive weapons? What players are playing well that are not getting recognition?

The best shot we have at a win, imo is success with our DLine pressuring and rattling Goff. Also playing near perfect run defense, to frustrate your running game. Chase possibly being back helps with creating some serious havoc in the backfield. Seems when he’s in, all the guys play better.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks like one of those trap games, another East coast trip, third in four weeks. Schedule makers did us no favors. As the Rams might be looking ahead to the 49ers game next week for a little payback. I would like to see the Rams win, but football team's defense should give the Rams enough trouble to pull off an upset.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can one of you explain to me any significant injuries on your side. I’m not that familiar with your players outside Donald, your operating extremely well Oline and Goff’s DVOA when it comes to passing efficiency.

I have noted the excellent balance McVay has maintained with runs and passes and his success off of play action, of which I’m quite familiar with. That Oline looks like it’s been great at creating holes for your run game, almost looks like plug and play. I see Cam Akers will be back, how healthy and productive has he been, outside of the stats Which I’ve seen. Is he dynamic with the eye on the field?

Who should the Skins be focusing on as the Rams offensive weapons? What players are playing well that are not getting recognition?

The best shot we have at a win, imo is success with our DLine pressuring and rattling Goff. Also playing near perfect run defense, to frustrate your running game. Chase possibly being back helps with creating some serious havoc in the backfield. Seems when he’s in, all the guys play better.

Well our only good linebacker Kiser will not play, Reeder will start and he sucks, so you should be able to run the ball and pass over the middle. Some other minor injuries that shouldn't stop guys from playing. Safety Fuller who is our best rookie is back playing, one can arguing one of the best defensive rookies. Rookie rb Cam Akers is back, Cam will shows flashes of what he can do thrown in with rookie impatience on the offensive line forming their blocks. I expect the Rams to give all three rbs touches to keep fresh legs going with Henderson getting the most touches, Cam getting the least. Henderson broke out a little versus Buffalo, averaging 5.7 yards a carry and over 100 yards rushing. Hyped rookie Terrell Lewis starts his career, this will be his first game. His question has been health, when he is healthy, he has shown to be a great pass rusher and thanks to Donald will have opportunities to produce.

Rams have issues stop the run like every year, they are making a bigger effort to run the ball this year, and having more success, giving an improved Goff more time to make plays. Rams keep producing good draft classes to build depth and for the future except the biggest glaring weakness at LB. Front four are solid and could be better depending on A'Shawn Robinson and Terrell Lewis. Secondary you can argue is the biggest strength besides WR position. There are four legit pro bowl caliber starters in CB Ramsey, CB Williams, SS Fuller and FS JJ3. There is some communication and defensive breakdowns going on, but as expected with no preseason and new defensive coordinator with new scheme. But the new DC Staley is legit good, Rams defense have allowed only a field goal in three of the four games they have played in the second half, only blemish was 14 allowed in the second half to Buffalo in their house.

Kicking game is an area of concern, don't know what to expect. Also Cooper Kupp is our punt returner and is not very good at it.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well our only good linebacker Kiser will not play, Reeder will start and he sucks, so you should be able to run the ball and pass over the middle. Some other minor injuries that shouldn't stop guys from playing. Safety Fuller who is our best rookie is back playing, one can arguing one of the best defensive rookies. Rookie rb Cam Akers is back, Cam will shows flashes of what he can do thrown in with rookie impatience on the offensive line forming their blocks. I expect the Rams to give all three rbs touches to keep fresh legs going with Henderson getting the most touches, Cam getting the least. Henderson broke out a little versus Buffalo, averaging 5.7 yards a carry and over 100 yards rushing. Hyped rookie Terrell Lewis starts his career, this will be his first game. His question has been health, when he is healthy, he has shown to be a great pass rusher and thanks to Donald will have opportunities to produce.

Rams have issues stop the run like every year, they are making a bigger effort to run the ball this year, and having more success, giving an improved Goff more time to make plays. Rams keep producing good draft classes to build depth and for the future except the biggest glaring weakness at LB. Front four are solid and could be better depending on A'Shawn Robinson and Terrell Lewis. Secondary you can argue is the biggest strength besides WR position. There are four legit pro bowl caliber starters in CB Ramsey, CB Williams, SS Fuller and FS JJ3. There is some communication and defensive breakdowns going on, but as expected with no preseason and new defensive coordinator with new scheme. But the new DC Staley is legit good, Rams defense have allowed only a field goal in three of the four games they have played in the second half, only blemish was 14 allowed in the second half to Buffalo in their house.

Kicking game is an area of concern, don't know what to expect. Also Cooper Kupp is our punt returner and is not very good at it.
Awesome recap with great team insights. Thank you very much. Really appreciate it.

Sooooooo, I think it will be really hard for the Skins to win this game. But I think we can keep the score close and respectable if our D plays sound, disciplined FB and doesn’t allow 3-4 huge plays as they have been doing all season. And Kyle plays efficient smart FB with ball security. Gonna be a joy to watch the trenches, especially both teams Dlines. I suspect our Oline is gonna bepummelled given the injuries and newbies but it’s up to Turner to figure out a way for Allen to get that ball out of his hands as quickly as possible else Donald is gonna eat...or your new guy Davis.

Here’s to a good game with no more dang injuries.

Here is the laundry list of things the Skins need to get right tomorrow to have a shot at winning. Lol!

Keys From Cooley and Kevin. A few are mine -hee hee

-Create enuff pressure with 4-5 guys to disrupt and frazzle Goffs timing and rhythm
-Play near perfect disciplined run defense, stuff the Rams RBS, can’t let even 1 huge break run play
-Cant allow lots of 3rd down conversions. The Rams have punted least in the NFL. Incredibly good at
-Offensive efficiency, I think number one DVOA in the league.
-Kyle Allen needs to play efficient, ball security O
-Skins needs to keep score close. We are average score differential at the beginning of drives is 9-1/2 points behind the opponent. Only better than the Jets.
- somehow gotta limit AAron Donald. Sheesh, this is gonna be tuff given our OLine newbies and injuries. Dude is a beast. He can single handedly wreck the game.
-Need 142 yards in screen passes this week lol. Swing pass, bubble screens etc get that ball out quickly Kyle. Rams have a GREAT secondary so we might NOT get a chance to see many deep passes.
- Ball security from Kyle.
-long sustained possession of the ball on O to KEEP the Rams O off the field. We can’t punt
-SCORE on drives :pound:
-We are worst in the league at average starting field position after kickoffs. This has gotta change. We have to get more efficient returning balls. Wonder who they are gonna trot out this week or if it’s still inman. We are tiring our excellent D out with this field position SHITE!
-Special Teams does fall for boneheaded shit like fake punts etc
- WIN the TO battle and keep close time of possession on the field

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops *Lewis not Davis