• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5, Los Angeles Rams @ Seattle Seahawks, Lumen Field, Thursday, 10/07/21, 5:20 PM PDT

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait let me get this straight. You are suggesting that sechs cures what you think ails us because we make analysis-based comments based on actual observations like you do? Geez dude, you just gave sechs a bad name! LOL!

No. Butt yous need some sechs lol

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then on to Giants, Lions, Texans

I expect one close one here. Lions should be a blowout. But We tend to not be ready for shitty teams at times. Something our 13 year old coach needs to fix dammit!!
Do you think the Rams were possibly looking ahead to this TNF game and the National Stage??

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we have given up a ton of yards with Morris' D. Have you seen the San Diego D! I know, only one real LA team for me though! The Charger's D looks awful familiar, and it looks nothing like Morris' D and has a lot less talent!
Yea Vita. Staley has his fingerprints all over that Chargers D and they are playing that suffocating, constrictive style that got us the Number One spot last year.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody said this is fixed. Stop

Ok He had 1.5 drives. Whoooop tee do

Bend don’t break same as last year and looked what happened. Dam Nancy we just won at Seattle. It’s never easy. If you want to bitch about Stafford in the 1st half that’s fine. The defense did their job
Rams give up 17 points to Seattle in Seattle and still people complaining. Holding other teams to 17 points means a lot of wins even when Stafford has a mediocre game.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the Rams were possibly looking ahead to this TNF game and the National Stage??

Oh there was a mental lapse somewhere. I think we’re just so used to whipping Arizona’s ass and honestly you got to give credit to Arizona because Kyler Murray played almost a flawless game

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win last night.

As brutal as the NFC West is......looks like Seattle's season is done with RW probably missing some games due to that injury. In Geno we trust=said nobody ever.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh there was a mental lapse somewhere. I think we’re just so used to whipping Arizona’s ass and honestly you got to give credit to Arizona because Kyler Murray played almost a flawless game
And Kingsbury called a near perfect game too. It seemed every time Morris dialed up pressure, Kingsbury/Murray took advantage and burned them. Add that to an exhausted defense from Rams turnovers, chasing Murray all over the field and long AZ drives, well we all saw the outcome...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this has already been addressed but how did the officials fuck up that double punt so badly?
I know turnovers can't be challenged, but can turnovers on downs be challenged?

McVay had his red flag in his hand and stuffed it back in his back pocket in disgust.

The ball looked clearly and completely over the LOS at the 21 yard maker, however I'm not sure about the kicker.

I'm guessing a kick is a lot like a pass where the player has to be completely over the LOS, and not just the ball???

1633702192843.png

Post edit..

I just read that a blocked kick recovered behind the LOS by either team is considered a fumble, so with that definition, the play to review if the Kicker was over the LOS could not be challenged by the Rams.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita, last night you were wondering why Stafford had tape on his finger on his throwing hand. Here is the reason why. Maybe that is the reason why he was underthrowing people.

"Rams' Matthew Stafford Says He Popped Finger into Place After Injury vs. Seahawks". From the BleacherReport who apparently does not let anyone cut and paste their articles anywhere!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita, last night you were wondering why Stafford had tape on his finger on his throwing hand. Here is the reason why. Maybe that is the reason why he was underthrowing people.

"Rams' Matthew Stafford Says He Popped Finger into Place After Injury vs. Seahawks". From the BleacherReport who apparently does not let anyone cut and paste their articles anywhere!

Here than........ Let's just use The Rams Wire.........

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know turnovers can't be challenged, but can turnovers on downs be challenged?

McVay had his red flag in his hand and stuffed it back in his back pocket in disgust.

The ball looked clearly and completely over the LOS at the 21 yard maker, however I'm not sure about the kicker.

I'm guessing a kick is a lot like a pass where the player has to be completely over the LOS, and not just the ball???

View attachment 281266

Post edit..

I just read that a blocked kick recovered behind the LOS by either team is considered a fumble, so with that definition, the play to review if the Kicker was over the LOS could not be challenged by the Rams.

So it is legal to punt twice? That's not what the official on the telecast said. Regardless he was clearly over the LOS, I mean look at the sight line of the official. No question the ball was beyond the 21. Just so bizarre that the officials keep screwing up more than usual this season I blame COVID.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford didn't have the injury early when he was sailing passes over receivers heads though. The injury happened a bit later.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's all hope Rochell continues to grow and improve his play, and the McVay doesn't give up on the guy because he will be better than Long has been.

Yes, he got beat by Lockett, but the PI was the right play vs giving up the TD ( although the Hawks ended up scoring anyway ).

His big mistake was misplaying the Metcalf TD when he initially had good coverage. But he also had a nice pass breakup in the end zone to prevent a TD late in the game.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford didn't have the injury early when he was sailing passes over receivers heads though. The injury happened a bit later.
Right?

I was hoping for some odd ball reason to explain Stafford's Jekyll & Hyde performances from Weeks 1/2/3 and Weeks 4/5.

I guess we are back to, as the Lions fans put it. Stafford just has these types of games.

We sure did get lucky on the deep pass to Jackson that set up a TD.

That ball was ripe for the pickings...

I will say his accuracy was much better vs the Hags, than the Redbirds, it was just all the under throws,

You know it's getting under thrown when he is throwing the ball away, no real pressure just sliding out of the pocket, when he got picked off in the end zone!

I mean WOW!

He was outside the pocket and really should have just thrown it out of bounds to the sideline, just needed to get it pass the LOS.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Rams have ten days to address some of these issues before they take on the Geeants. If we can get Stafford back on track and continue to work on our pass D, we will be right there for a nice run at post season play.

I agree Rochelle is going to be a good one and he needs to play more. Long is going to see the door sooner rather than later because he hasn't improved in a number of weeks playing full time and he routinely gets beat bad by NFL receivers.

Nick Scott redeemed himself with that late-game INT and that always helps. We also have Burgess waiting in the wings to get his contribution to the secondary going because he hits like a Mack Truck!!

Should be exciting to see this team gel as the season progresses. Lots of new faces and they are starting to catch fire. I am imagining just how dominant we can become with what McSnead have put in place at least from a talent perspective.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got done watching the tape and I am quite sure that if Terrell Lewis can stay healthy, we now have a powerful and explosive EDGE to compliment Floyd. Lewis had one helluva a night and he was close to at least three more sacks. He needs to continue to refine his rush technique but he is going to be a great one. The O-line had another great game as well especially my buddy Brian Allen who is playing at a very high level. Henderson is a keeper as is Michel. Stafford's throwing motion looks labored. He needs more work. If we just play hard every game we will be more than O.K. We will be dominant.

Last edited: