• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5, Los Angeles Rams @ Seattle Seahawks, Lumen Field, Thursday, 10/07/21, 5:20 PM PDT

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a complete disaster in LA, the Rams have a short week and travel to Seattle's Lumen Field to play the Seahawks on Thursday Night Football. At this juncture, the outcome could go either way and since the Rams apparently have decided to not show-up for a football game, this may carry-over to Seattle. We shall see. I may make it to the thread page this week but we shall see .

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t be surprised to see another letdown.

Seahawks always play us tough, especially at their field.

Bay be looking at 3-2 after Thursday.

I didn’t like the Morris hire. Always thought he was overrated, and this last game exposed them bad. Other teams will follow that script ( just like teams followed the Bears script in 2018 ).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay was sort of in a bind when Staley bolted on him and he went with a suggestion, I have heard, from Henderson, the D-Line coach. I agree ALR to a certain extent. At least Morris is flexible enough to keep a lot of Staley's ideas but he isn't Rembrandt in this case and McVay just had to go with it.

There are other DCs in the league that could have been a better hire if McVay did any research. My guess is he didn't do much with all of the changes that occurred in the time frame that they did and McVay penchant to focus on the offense. It is quite obvious from reports that McVay went with the suggestion from Henderson. Funny thing about the coaching fraternity in the NFL. It is not what you know so much as who ya know!!

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the pickins are thin. Several DCs on this list are also Head Coaches. Check it out. Would you want Steve Spagnuoli douchebag again? I think not. We have already had three on this list: Joe Barry, Spagnuoli, and Lovie Smith none of whom would I want to return to the Rams as a DC. The guy who should have had a longer look-see by McVay was/is Don Martindale who consistently has had top five defenses perennially.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last three years either the Defense plays awesome or they stink up the field. You can usually tell which way it will go by the 2nd quarter.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when Staley bolted on him
:laugh3: I get it!

And wasn't fitting Mother Nature's Bolts rained on SoFi for MNF, prior to Staley & the Bolts' QB raining 1st downs, and TD's?

:dhd:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay was sort of in a bind when Staley bolted on him and he went with a suggestion, I have heard, from Henderson, the D-Line coach. I agree ALR to a certain extent. At least Morris is flexible enough to keep a lot of Staley's ideas but he isn't Rembrandt in this case and McVay just had to go with it.

There are other DCs in the league that could have been a better hire if McVay did any research. My guess is he didn't do much with all of the changes that occurred in the time frame that they did and McVay penchant to focus on the offense. It is quite obvious from reports that McVay went with the suggestion from Henderson. Funny thing about the coaching fraternity in the NFL. It is not what you know so much as who ya know!!
We talk a lot of shit about McVay, but he has to be the most poached HC in his era!

And despite that, he continues to be a lot more successful than his predecessor!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t be surprised to see another letdown.

Seahawks always play us tough, especially at their field.

Bay be looking at 3-2 after Thursday.

I didn’t like the Morris hire. Always thought he was overrated, and this last game exposed them bad. Other teams will follow that script ( just like teams followed the Bears script in 2018 ).
I wont, already ready considering these Hags are due nearly as much as those Redbirds were. I just don't believe in Morris' defensive plan vs dual threat QB's.

The only way we win this is if we get our WK 1-3 QB, and not our WK 4 QB.

Sorry if this is confusing, as it is the same name on the back reads Stafford for all instances.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So before the negative train wreck coming I want to know everybody’s thoughts on what they expect our defense to do against Seattle tonight. Shut down the run game and Russell Wilson both? Is that the expectation?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont, already ready considering these Hags are due nearly as much as those Redbirds were. I just don't believe in Morris' defensive plan vs dual threat QB's.

The only way we win this is if we get our WK 1-3 QB, and not our WK 4 QB.

Sorry if this is confusing, as it is the same name on the back reads Stafford for all instances.

Fill me in what is Morris plan vs dual threat QBs vs what Staleys was?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am expecting the Rams to shut down the run game like in the Tampa game and Russell's scrambling and force the SeeHags to throw because their pass blocking is susceptible to the Defense pass rush. We do best when AD gets turned loose on Russell and forces him to throw while throwing Russell around like a ragdoll. The same expectation I thought AD was going to fulfill with Murray but failed probably due double and triple teams.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D will try and shut down the run, but it is likely to be a different back playing tonight as Carson is most likely to miss the game. Collins is a big back, so he is going to break some tackles and wear down the defense IF Seattle sticks with the running game.

Russell will do what Russell does. I am hoping the DL has similar success getting to him as they have in the past. Depends how much pressure the other guys can produce as to whether AD is able to make a significant impact or not. If they can't, AD will be doubled and tripled all night long.

Seattle is going to have success in the passing game because Ramsey won't be lining up against Metcalf exclusively, which is going to leave him plenty of opportunities to expose the rest of the sceondary.

This game will come down to a couple things ( as they always do against the Hawks ). Can they consistently pressure Wilson? Can they create turnovers? Can the offense convert redzones into TD's instead of FG's?

Do those things, and the Rams should win. Don't, and it will be another disappointing loss.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting the game with a fumble out of bounds by Atwell and then no gain on the pass play to Woods.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the few games that we didn't start the game with the defense on the field.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One play and Hawks at mid field.

Nice D.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is one of those big pass plays this BDB defense gives up every game so far. R.Wilson pass deep left to T.Lockett to 50 for 25 yards.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper Kupp fielding punts again because of the high risk involved. Fair Catch on the 12.