• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5, Dallas Cowboys @ Los Angeles Rams, SoFi Stadium, Sunday, 10/09/2022, 1:30 PM, PST

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man

He’s sitting behind Ekeler. Of course he isn’t doing anything.

That doesn’t negate the fact that he was the best RB last year for the Rams, and the Rams running game went in the toilet the minute McVay sat Michel in favor of Akers during the playoffs.

And he would still be the best RB on the Rams now because Akers is toast, and McVat refuses to acknowledge that fact and continues to run him out there ahead of Henderson who is the better back right now.
He struggled last season behind a pretty good O-line, behind this swiss cheese weak line he would be right where Akers is at. The Rams need a real running back and they haven't had one since Gurley. Akers is right where he belongs a number two back.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He struggled last season behind a pretty good O-line, behind this swiss cheese weak line he would be right where Akers is at. The Rams need a real running back and they haven't had one since Gurley. Akers is right where he belongs a number two back.
McVay is playing him as the #1.

Henderson saw no carries last game. And he has been has been running better behind the same OL.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay is playing him as the #1.

Henderson saw no carries last game. And he has been has been running better behind the same OL.
I know, you are right and that is a mistake, I think Hendo is better than Akers but Hendo missed two wide open lanes on screen plays and seemed to run right into the defender twice. The booth commented on it both times.
I'm sure it pissed off McVay both times. I think the Rams will look a lot different regarding personnel on the field by the end of this season.

I will say this that for me, losing is a little easier to take when you win the SB and have a season like last season. lol

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am quite sure if McShit-fer-Brains wants to fix his Running Game problems, he will acknowledge his major tendency to pass, pass, pass, pass the football at the total ignoring of the run game. He needs to stop treating the run game as an after-thought. If he wants to acknowledge his deficit in thinking and get on with fixing it, he should stop drafting tiny under-sized running backs and trade for a bigger back like Kareem Hunt and make him the Number One RB.

After all, Gurley was 6'0, 225lbs and he was fast until his knee degenerated to the point where he couldn't run. We had Steven Jackson in St Louis and he was 6'2, 240lbs. McVay just missed on coaching Steven Jackson in LA. So Hunt is 5"11, 215-218lbs, the size that McVay likes but he runs like a bigger back.

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did not struggle last season.

Michel averaged 4.1 ypc and had 1 FL In 17 games.

Akers averaged 2.6 ypc in the playoffs behind the same OL and had 2 FL in just 4 games, yet McVay went with Akers over Michel and Henderson who were way more productive.

Henderson last season averaged 4.6 ypc. This season he is averaging 4.1 ypc behind the same OL that Akers is averaging 3.0 ypc behind.

And, here’s the kicker, no FL in ANY season.

McVay clearly has his favorite, but it’s not the right RB. When the OL is as bad as it is, you have to use your best offensive players that can perform. Henderson has, Akers has not.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michel would not have effed-up that vision-related ridiculous run against he Caboys when the holes were both that big!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article has a vid with Brian Baldinger that shows just how bad this O-line is. Alaric Jackson got routinely beat and Parsons and Dante Fowler ate Havenstein's and Noteboom's lunch ALL DAY LONG. Kolone actually had a decent day but Edwards/Evans totally sucked. If the Rams would have went to and stuck with the run, we would have slowed Dallas' pass rush because Dallas' pass rush was ignoring the run and just pining their ears back on every play. The run game would have made that a game if Henderson and Brown were doing the running. McShit-fer-Brains never changed his approach.