• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5, Dallas Cowboys @ Los Angeles Rams, SoFi Stadium, Sunday, 10/09/2022, 1:30 PM, PST

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were in a position to affect change, I would rebuild the O-line right now. I would start by moving all O-lineman who can't block in the run or pass out the door. I would sign people who can and then I would have a draft of the top 10 O-lineman in the next draft.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are a bad team as of now. Won the Super Bowl last season and now think this season doesn't count very much

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could start right now with rebuilding the O-line by poaching OT Darryl Williams off of the Jaguars PS. Noteboom would go to back-up status. Skura would start next week at Center. Allen would be traded once he is healed. I'd keep Alaric Jackson and insert Aboushi at a Guard position. Edwards would go to back-up status. Havenstein would be fined every time he misses a block. I'd start scouting for O-lineman as well as D-lineman for the next Draft Cycle.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the positive news is we are tied with the SeaHags and the Cardinals for Second in the NFC West. Meanwhile the Niners won today to go one game up on the rest of us.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles are 5-0. A couple of ex-Rams headed-out of football this week. Blake Bortles retired. Maybe McShit-fer-Brains should give him a call and let him run the offense. The Little Turd 2.0, Tavon Austin got cut from the Bills and his career is done.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O-line is now officially in trouble and the blame falls right at the feet of McShit-fer-Brains!!
Hate to say it, but I predicted the OL would be a problem this year because the FO has refused to address it the past 2 drafts when their was depth at the position both years.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the F them picks has finally caught us as we all knew it would.

You can’t keep trading prize picks for players and not draft/develop blue chip players. It leaves the team extremely thin at multiple positions.

That is what is playing out on the field this year.

Couple that with the fact the FO ignored the most important positions ( OL/DL for more and more WR’s and DB’s ), and this is the result you get.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would acknowledge that on the train-wreck known as the O-line, David Edwards is playing so bad, he has little resemblance to the snooperbowl Guard of a year ago. He is worse than Evans. He is a complete sieve and looks like he doesn't want to play anymore. Maybe he has CTE and really needs to sit for a while. Aboushi should be inserted immediately if not sooner. turns out he has been playing with multiple concussions and they have a created a player with a general malaise and slowness of reaction. He has been placed in his Second Concussion Protocol.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is article says it all especially highlighting the reality that McShit-fer-Brains continues to mastermind a team that does the same ole shit and expects different results-the classical definition for INSANITY!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McShit-fer-Brains stated yesterday after the loss to the CaBoys that Stafford needs help but what he left-out is any mention of McShit-fer-Brains indicating a need for a change in his approach to the offense. McShit-fer-Brains refuses to commit to the run and Malcolm Brown was not used AT ALL especially in the redzone. The run game to McShit-fer-Brains is simply an after-thought and he only uses it to keep people's opinion favorable to him.

McShit-fer-Brains just refuses. He refuses to make any significant changes to his approach to the offense and he is not adaptable. His offense is throw-or-go-home. Period. This offense has become so predictable that opposing defenses don't fear it anymore because outside of Cooper Kupp and maybe Tyler Higbee, there is no deep threat and there is no commitment to the run. And no matter what McShit-fer-Brains spins it, he ain't changing anytime soon.

For the most part, Noteboom, Kolone, and Alaric Jackson played pretty well yesterday. Edwards and Havenstein on the contrary had a terrible game. David Edwards is being evaluated for concussion protocol as he looked like his feet were in cement all day. He got routinely beat and beat bad on pass plays and was out of sorts in the run game. Maybe he should be removed from playing for awhile.

This team is in a bad way right now. They will probably get a little better with Carolina coming to town but they come back from the Bye to face the Niners in SoFi. We shall see what improvements arise in the next three weeks.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have mentioned before and what is becoming increasingly clear is just how rigid and myopic McShit-fer-Brains really is especially on game day. Item: Dallas has one of the poorer run defenses in the league. What did McShit-fer-Brains do yesterday? Pass the football 80% of the time and refuse to commit to the run. He essentially phased-out out Henderson and didn't even bother to use Malcolm Brown especially in the redzone. Nope, pass, pass, pass, and pass some more. Even when he presented with a clear advantage over an opponent, he doesn't bother taking advantage of his opponents' obvious weakness(s)!

Item: McShit-fer-Brains refuses to delegate responsibilities to his other coaches in calling a game and he flat-out refuses to utilize ALL of his personnel standing on the sidelines. Once you are not one of McShit-fer-Brains' guys, you will essentially become invisible!!

Maybe these are some reasons the Rams offense is so bad and the team is below .500 for the second time this season and twice since McShit-fer-Brains has been running the show.

Last edited:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay may need to adjust his game plan and commit to the run. But the Rams need a real fullback and a real O-line and RB's that don't just run head on into the arms of defenders. Even the guys in the booth said Hendo and Akers are missing open lanes. Its about vision and thinking and neither one are very good at breaking tackles. So in some ways I don't blame McVay.
Rams are top heavy, their backup players suck. They need to package Akers and worthless Robinson and trade them for some big O-linemen that don't get tossed around like rag dolls.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay may need to adjust his game plan and commit to the run. But the Rams need a real fullback and a real O-line and RB's that don't just run head on into the arms of defenders. Even the guys in the booth said Hendo and Akers are missing open lanes. Its about vision and thinking and neither one are very good at breaking tackles. So in some ways I don't blame McVay.
Rams are top heavy, their backup players suck. They need to package Akers and worthless Robinson and trade them for some big O-linemen that don't get tossed around like rag dolls.
I blame McVay.

It’s HIS roster. He is the one that fell in love with Akers and kicked Michel to the curb ( the 1 RB that actually produced last season ).

It’s HIS OL he chose, starting and backups. HE is the one that ignored the position in favor of a midget WR that can’t play in the NFL and a ton of DB’s over OL and DL.

HE is the one that traded Woods because he thought Robinson would be better.

And, HE especially is the one who refuses ( because of his ego ), to change his game plan based on the opponents they face, or relinquish offensive play calling to his actual OC.

This all lands at his feet. If he is going to get praised when everything works, he is going to get the blame when it implodes as well.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame McVay.

It’s HIS roster. He is the one that fell in love with Akers and kicked Michel to the curb ( the 1 RB that actually produced last season ).

It’s HIS OL he chose, starting and backups. HE is the one that ignored the position in favor of a midget WR that can’t play in the NFL and a ton of DB’s over OL and DL.

HE is the one that traded Woods because he thought Robinson would be better.

And, HE especially is the one who refuses ( because of his ego ), to change his game plan based on the opponents they face, or relinquish offensive play calling to his actual OC.

This all lands at his feet. If he is going to get praised when everything works, he is going to get the blame when it implodes as well.

Sony is not setting the world on fire where he is so I don't buy it. Woods after his knee blew out isn't what he was either so lets not just jump to blaming a man that took our Rams to two Super Bowls and won one of them all while losing top players and great coaches along the way....
I think someone forgets what it was like with the Fisher Rams. Lets try and be a little more positive.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And neither is Akers the same RB after he ruptured his Achilles Tendon. I know for a fact that the Cleveland Browns would trade Kareem Hunt and the Bears would trade Robert Quinn to the Rams if they called. Both would improve their respective position areas.

Available players for trade: Akers, Atwell, Evans, Robinson III, Kyren Williams, Yeast, and Wolford.

The last improvement would be to poach OT Darry Williams, a huge and versatile O-Lineman, off of the Jaguars PS.

Since the Panthers fired their HC, there is a bunch of reports indicating they will trade their talent for draft picks. I'll bet the Rams could recover Austin Corbett from the Panthers for say a fifth rounder ala Troy Hill.

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sony is not setting the world on fire where he is so I don't buy it. Woods after his knee blew out isn't what he was either so lets not just jump to blaming a man that took our Rams to two Super Bowls and won one of them all while losing top players and great coaches along the way....
I think someone forgets what it was like with the Fisher Rams. Lets try and be a little more positive.
Come on man

He’s sitting behind Ekeler. Of course he isn’t doing anything.

That doesn’t negate the fact that he was the best RB last year for the Rams, and the Rams running game went in the toilet the minute McVay sat Michel in favor of Akers during the playoffs.

And he would still be the best RB on the Rams now because Akers is toast, and McVat refuses to acknowledge that fact and continues to run him out there ahead of Henderson who is the better back right now.