• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5, 2015: Rams @ Packers

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever said you have to keep a rookie on the bench and let him "learn the ropes" on the sidelines w/ a clipboard in hand.

Case in point:

MLB Houston Strohs...put a rookie RH pitcher in the starting lineup today, kid throws a 2hitter while a couple of other rookies are hitting multiple dingers out of the yard as well.

I don't buy sitting "some rookies" on the bench till "the time is right" managerial thinking. What the hell does that mean? Snap reps?

Pretty sure Aaron Rodgers did. If you think Mannion is better or equal to A Rodgers, then pass the kool aid.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we trade Foles to Dallas for a couple of o-linemen. We trade Quick and Cook to the Lions for Megatron. And we start our rookie QB. That should do it. I seem to have misplaced Fishers number somebody call him.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got a full blown homer in the house!

Sean Mannion.. Did you watch him in preseason against the 3's and 4's? :lol:

Kid is "special" Mike, he did that record w/ an average team at best in the Beavers. He lit up the PAC w/ his arm, timing, accuracy and football smarts.

He is "Mr Right Now" in IMO.

Yeah Mannion is special alright

retard-jpg.210693.jpg

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are stuck with him for the rest of the season. I don't trust either backup to be better. The type of QB that would be someone to plug in would be an athletic west coast type
Please don't say Cap.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever said you have to keep a rookie on the bench and let him "learn the ropes" on the sidelines w/ a clipboard in hand.

Case in point:

MLB Houston Strohs...put a rookie RH pitcher in the starting lineup today, kid throws a 2hitter while a couple of other rookies are hitting multiple dingers out of the yard as well.

I don't buy sitting "some rookies" on the bench till "the time is right" managerial thinking. What the hell does that mean? Snap reps?

Oh really?? Did the pitcher have 7 guys over 240+ lbs coming at him, trying to bury their helmet into the pitchers chest?

C'mon man really? Mannion wasn't even active for the game. SO that tells you where he's currently at - Practice squad.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got a full blown homer in the house!

Sean Mannion.. Did you watch him in preseason against the 3's and

Yeah Mannion is special alright

View attachment 39565

Has Coug moved to Oregon, haven't heard much out of him this year?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't say Cap.
Foles has actually had 2 good games this season. If he didnt have those then yeah, even he'd be an upgrade but lol....no

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mannion > Aaron Rodgers cuz he's got all the Pac 12 records. He's gonna be better than Elway, Luck, Mariota too.

Did I mention how it's a beast of a defensive conference too?

Hell lets start Mannion!!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N Foles...average PAC12 QB

nuff said.
Foles NFL starting QB, Mannion, 3rd string right now!

Nuff said!

I get you're a homer and might be a little biased, but let's take a step back and look at this realistically, you know like everyone else!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N Foles...average PAC12 QB

nuff said.

Austin Davis broke all of Favre's records at Southern Mississippi.. WTF is he doin? Same thing Mannion is doing.. Inactive. Holding clipboards. Only thing is.. Davis has a few TDs and 300 yard games under his belt.

Maybe Mannion can be a decent QB someday, but for as slow as he looked.. He's got a ways to go.

The NFL ain't the PAC 12 btw.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grantland's take:

Losers

Nick Foles
For the most part, the Rams did all they needed to against the Packers. Green Bay’s run defense bottled up Todd Gurley on a majority of his carries, but when he tore off a 55-yarder early in the fourth quarter, it was still just an 11-point game. On that drive, the Rams managed to get the ball inside the 10 before Foles threw an ugly interception — his third of four on the day — to Ha Ha Clinton-Dix in the end zone.

Foles would throw another on the Rams’ final drive, which mattered more to bettors than anyone else, but the truth is that without the miscues from Foles (and the missed field goals from Greg Zuerlein), St. Louis put together a viable bid to slay Aaron Rodgers at Lambeau Field. The Rams ended Rodgers’s nearly three-season streak of not throwing an interception at home and then added another for good measure.

With right guard Rodger Saffold missing most of the game with a shoulder injury, some shuffling along the Rams offensive line meant Foles was under siege. The Packers hit Foles 12 times, but none of the horrendous interceptions were the result of an altered throw or a batted ball. Tight end Jared Cook deserves some of the blame for cutting his route short on the ugly pick-six by rookie Quinten Rollins, but that doesn’t explain away some of the other decisions Foles made. The Rams’ ability to stick with two of the league’s best teams in consecutive weeks is encouraging, but they have to know they let this one slip away.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it is...all the GREAT QBs come out of the PAC12. Where you been?

Luck and Mariota are special. Which is why they start. Other than that I guess i'm missing something as of late. A lot of points scored in the Pac 12, but the defenses are not all that.

Luck = coaching. Harbaugh is a great coach.
Rodgers = sat 1 year under Brett Favre and look at the coaches on that team. Gruden, Ried, Marriuchi, & Holmgren? Is that right or am I missing a few years here?
Mariota is just a stupid good athlete that makes quick decisions.

Who else am I missing?

The kid from Cal last week threw 4 or 5 INTs in the first half against Utah? And Utah was only up 7!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC12 isn't that where QBs go when they cant play in the SEC. :heh:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac 12 doesn't see defenses like Florida, BAMA, Florida St or Clemson. Hell Boston College would be the best defense in the Pac 12.

Washington had a bunch of talent on D last year, but didn't play like it as a team.