• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5, 2015: Rams @ Packers

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a franchise whiffs on players like Lewan and Matthews, both who are playing pretty well and take offensive lineman who we did, it lends support to the notion that someone in the coaching-scouting ranks are gross amateurs and are winging it as they go.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game Rams fans

The Rams are a few players away from being a truly dominant team. The Packers were lucky to escape yesterday with a win

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1/3 of the season is in the books.

Here's what we know:

1) the Rams still need a QB- Foles is not the answer ( 2 int's inside the 10 in the 4th quarter? Come on man )

2) the Rams need a new kicker- Greg the leg may have a good leg, but he has been woefully inaccurate the past few years ( 3 missed fg's today in a close game is horrible )

3) looks like the Rams wasted that gift #2 pick from the Skins by taking Robinson. I hate to say I told you so, so I won't. I just didn't want the Rams drafting him and they did- enough said.

4) turns out, Fisher and Co. do know how to draft a RB after all. After the Pead whiff and Stacy's decline, it was fair to question their choice of Gurley ( not because of his talent, but because there was no guarantee he would return to being that same player after the injury ). Well, needless to say, the gamble paid off and the Rams have a franchise RB again.

5) they have finally figured out a way to utilize Austin. They just need to do it more often much like the Pats use Edelman.
Those are things ALR thinks he knows, but not what 'we' collectively know....

1. I've seen many a great QB have worse games, and if you've been watching the NFL for any length of time, so have you. Give him and this NFL line some time. With the attention that Gurley will start to garner, expect the OL and QB to develop.

2. You are totally wrong on this one. How many has he missed this season going into yesterdays game? Those 2 FG's he missed were damn near (had the distance) and when you consider they totaled over 110 yards that impressive our coach even had the faith to put him out there. (Very rarely do I ever put a block on the kicker and I wont with yesterdays)

3. Man, I can't argue too much on this one, I was one who pitched Lewan often here on the Rams boards. Still think GRob may be better suited for the guard spot (Could be a stud for years to come) but that's too high a pick to use on a guard. Even so, has the dude started 16 NFL games at LT? The skill level of these DE's he is facing and all them stunts is a virtual science developed to confuse a young player and the men around him. Give the man & his OL teammates some more time to grow as a unit, he and they should look better as they figure much of this all out.

4. I don't know if Stacy had an actual decline. He simply was the best RB we had and others developed around him. What was his draft position? Not too high as I recall. Now Pead was a bust and a reach. One of the true black eyes on this front offices high draft selections. I say this though, sometimes you swing for the fences and you strike out. The only time we have really drafted poorly with a high selection is when we draft for need. We are slowly getting in a better place with our roster and maybe next year, we can actually draft BPA for the first time under Snisher.

5. I do agree with this, however it could be that they are 'just beginning' to find out how to use TA. I'm interested in finding a stud WR to join the Rams to see what it can do for the WR corp. (Maybe it's Quick but I think he is still affected, in a large way, by last seasons injury)

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are things ALR thinks he knows, but not what 'we' collectively know....

1. I've seen many a great QB have worse games, and if you've been watching the NFL for any length of time, so have you. Give him and this NFL line some time. With the attention that Gurley will start to garner, expect the OL and QB to develop.

2. You are totally wrong on this one. How many has he missed this season going into yesterdays game? Those 2 FG's he missed were damn near (had the distance) and when you consider they totaled over 110 yards that impressive our coach even had the faith to put him out there. (Very rarely do I ever put a block on the kicker and I wont with yesterdays)

3. Man, I can't argue too much on this one, I was one who pitched Lewan often here on the Rams boards. Still think GRob may be better suited for the guard spot (Could be a stud for years to come) but that's too high a pick to use on a guard. Even so, has the dude started 16 NFL games at LT? The skill level of these DE's he is facing and all them stunts is a virtual science developed to confuse a young player and the men around him. Give the man & his OL teammates some more time to grow as a unit, he and they should look better as they figure much of this all out.

4. I don't know if Stacy had an actual decline. He simply was the best RB we had and others developed around him. What was his draft position? Not too high as I recall. Now Pead was a bust and a reach. One of the true black eyes on this front offices high draft selections. I say this though, sometimes you swing for the fences and you strike out. The only time we have really drafted poorly with a high selection is when we draft for need. We are slowly getting in a better place with our roster and maybe next
year, we can actually draft BPA for the first time under Snisher.

5. I do agree with this, however it could be that they are 'just beginning' to find out how to use TA. I'm interested in finding a stud WR to join the Rams to see what it can do for the WR corp. (Maybe it's Quick but I think he is still affected, in a large way, by last seasons injury)

1. Maybe defenses have figured him out!:) That's what alot of people said about Davis! That's BS on both counts. Foles had a bad game, a VERY bad game, 2 interceptions inside the 10 are unacceptable. I thought he was under pressure more than Bradford ever was and people always wanted to give Bradford a pass because of BS reasons like his numerous OC's, bad oline, bad receivers. It's one game, I will give Foles a pass here, if he starts having numerous Bradford type games, than he needs to go!

2. Ram fans got spoiled when Zuerlien hit on a ridiculous amount of 50 yarders his rookie year. He is still one of the better kickers in the league, yes it was disappointing that he didn't hit at least one of the three attempts from OVER 50, but they were still over 50, not a high percentage kick for anyone! Some people during the game complained about Fisher going for the 63 yard FG, I don't like Fisher, but I will defend him on this one! They don't kick there and continue to drive and "maybe" score a TD, that doesn't leave
much time at all even if you get the onside kick. Zuerlien makes that kick, you don't "have" to onside kick, you hope that your defense stops them and we get the ball back with a little time and maybe go down and score!

3.I agree, I will give Robinson a little time yet, our oline is ridiculously young and inexperienced, if they do become a decent line, it's going to take time. They have showed some flashes, and I will still take this oline over what we had last year!

4. Gurley has had 2 great games, he "looks" like the real deal, alot of people on here thought we had our guy in Stacey, he was a Bettis bowling ball type back that started out and had some great games early. Mason broke most of Bo Jacksons records at Auburn, he also looked great and had some big games early on last year. We've seen this before, yes Gurley looks like the real deal, but I will curb my excitement for him until he does it for a full year. With this oline he may get hurt or killed before he has a chance to become the next great thing?

5. Not ready to give up on Quick, it was his first game back, yes he dropped a easy catch, but also made a nice catch on his other target! The guy is a big receiver, which we have lacked over the years. We've had to many receivers that have been height challenged, Austin, Amendola, Avery, Bailey, Gibson, Givens, etc! . Man I wish Danario Alexander never had knee problems, he would have been a stud for us!
Britt needs to go, he disappears alot, same thing with Cook!

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Favre had a six int game vs you guys. Don't overreact to one game vs an elite defense. You just need a line and some WR's.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Favre had a six int game vs you guys. Don't overreact to one game vs an elite defense. You just need a line and some WR's.
I've seen a pretty good writeup on the game on someone who broke everything down. Foles was the main culprit on 3 of the 4 interceptions. In general, a reoccurring trend is that Foles can't hit any of the Tight Ends to save his life. He has no rapport there and thats kinda big because Tight Ends are a big part of the offense and Cook can't block. Foles also isn't great against the blitz when he has a bad oline. This has always been true about Foles as far as I can tell because I remember Nebraska eating him alive in college back when Suh was playing.

The current tally on Foles is 2 good games, 2 bad games and 1 worst QB of the year game. Naturally the Rams won the games he played well in and lost the rest of the games. Foles is the barometer for the Rams success more than anything else. If Foles plays average in the Steelers game or the Packers game, the Rams win those games. Foles is the starter for the rest of the year but I also think his fate is tied to Fishers' fate.

Honestly, they should cut Jared Cook today and it would be an addition by subtraction. Find literally anyone to replace him. Robinson should be kicked inside where I think he could be pretty good. A bust at #2 overall but at some point in time you have to face facts. LT will be a bad spot but try someone else there. Run the offense through Gurley and Tavon Austin. Throw more screen passes and short passes against the blitzes that Foles is seeing every play.

The Rams have too much talent to win 6-7 games again.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saffold was a better LT then Robinson, have them switch.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No QB is great against the blitz with a bad o-line. I watched the game, those hits Foles took were nuts. We are lucky we didn't lose him for the year.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game Rams fans

The Rams are a few players away from being a truly dominant team. The Packers were lucky to escape yesterday with a win

Yes we just need Aaron Rodgers are we are good to go :thumb:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we just need Aaron Rodgers are we are good to go :thumb:
Rodgers had 3 turnovers at home, to Foles 4 on the road plus Rodgers had all day with a better more experienced line, besides them refs letting AR's OL hold time and time over.

Still, I get what you are saying.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No QB is great against the blitz with a bad o-line. I watched the game, those hits Foles took were nuts. We are lucky we didn't lose him for the year.

Yeah, he was getting crushed...And if you noticed, he was getting up slower and slower after every hit!!! We cannot let that happen to him again, otherwise we're toast...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm hoping Matthews got penalized when he speared Foles...did he? That was ridiculously blatant.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i'm going back to play calling on this one. Packers were up 7-0, we got a tipped INT by JL and we came out PASS PASS at MIDFIELD!! 2nd pass was an INT by Foles. 14-0 Pack.

And to have Gurley run it 30 times and Mason 2 is pretty stupid too. You let a guy rest for 4 weeks, then you throw him to the wolves?

If we are going to draft like we are a pound the rock type team, WTF are we doing Passing at Midfield after a turnover?

Pound Gurley for 2 sets, then let Mason go. Thunder and Lightning! Anyone ever heard of this?

Gurley should have 18-23 carries, Mason 7-12 carries.

Wear their ass down.. And play D.

My goodness it's not hard. But noooooooooo. Someone has an itchy trigger finger and wants to throw to guys who can barely even catch the ball (Britt/Cook).

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping Matthews got penalized when he speared Foles...did he? That was ridiculously blatant.

Florida St CB got thrown out of the game Saturday night in the 1st quarter for way less of hit than Matthews. Clay led with his head, right into Foles' chest.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought he was a Dick!

He pulls shit like that all the time. Very dirty player.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did appear that GB got a lot of calls. But this schedule we've had has been brutal.

Our D played pretty good, just need to get a little better play calling on O and get the RB's rolling.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought he was a Dick!

He pulls shit like that all the time. Very dirty player.

He pulls it all the time because the NFL lets him...He's one the the NFL's "darlings" who can do no wrong, according to them...