• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week #4 Patriots @ Chiefs

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is going to be a different matchup for KC than the other teams they've played. NE's weakpoint on their whole team, best I can tell, is their pass rush. NE also shows Mahomes something different in every game to catch him off guard. KC in general tries to figure out how teams are playing them and then they go off in the 2nd quarter. I expect NE to take away Kelce and Hill and make Mahomes win with passes to Watkins, Robinson, Hardman and CEH. I think those guys can do it more often than not but if someone is going to drop a key pass its going to be one of them.
Lack of pass rush is the problem. When they pressure most QBs they get there and cause problems. But too often they rush while containing mobile QBs.
I'm much more worried about our DBs. They've been struggling, blame part of that on the lack of pass rushes?
Mahomes will feast on that D. Hopeful BB comes up with something different?

Look for a run heavy offense from NEs stable of RBs. Not sure who will dress and get the majority of carries this week?
Control the clock, tire the D out and keep Mahomey on the bench is NEs only chance.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs whoop the Patriots. 42-24. I don’t see how we stop that offense. We couldn’t stop the Seahawks. We aren’t going to stop the Chiefs.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The critical thing for the Patriots is to slow the game down. Contact and the line of scrimmage and not play off the WRs. That makes Mahomes have to hold the ball for at least one additional second. Then force that same WR to slightly alter his take off and possibly his intended route. That might cause another second delay. Those two seconds could be the difference between a completion on time and an incompletion or possible sack option. In the first quarter, the Patriots, not the Chiefs must attempt to force their will. The absolute ideal thing could happen for the Patriots is a 3 and out on the Chiefs' first possession. That could set the timing trend for the whole game.

If the Chiefs just roll and score, this could be a horrible game for Pats fans.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So James White returned that could be a nice boost.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The critical thing for the Patriots is to slow the game down. Contact and the line of scrimmage and not play off the WRs. That makes Mahomes have to hold the ball for at least one additional second. Then force that same WR to slightly alter his take off and possibly his intended route. That might cause another second delay. Those two seconds could be the difference between a completion on time and an incompletion or possible sack option. In the first quarter, the Patriots, not the Chiefs must attempt to force their will. The absolute ideal thing could happen for the Patriots is a 3 and out on the Chiefs' first possession. That could set the timing trend for the whole game.

If the Chiefs just roll and score, this could be a horrible game for Pats fans.
I think the Pats need to keep the chiefs scoring down while letting them believe they are in control... Then shut them down late before they can react. If the Pats can score a couple of late touchdowns they can win.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what do you guys think about the DPI in this game. Pats are good for 3-5 penalties for 100+ yards. They will most likely be on crucial plays, ya know 3rd and 25. Stuff like that.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats will need about 250-300 rushing yards to keep KC offense on the sideline.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats will need about 250-300 rushing yards to keep KC offense on the sideline.
Problem is that the Chiefs have an offense that only needs 39 seconds to go 75 yards.

Critical thing is to NOT play off the WR and to knock the shit out of them in he first yard. Put a linebacker directly on them and let the CBs pick them up while their rubbing the 'hurts'.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I am watching the NFL I still think the season was a bad idea

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a good idea, though with caution and reservation. The NBA and NHL operated well, but the NFL really can't build a bubble. I think these responses are good.

It's not like the athletes are being exposed to certain death. They are all low risk with their biggest risk being the chance of exposing others in their family who may be higher risk.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL is beginning to think the season might have been a bad idea.

Now both Patriots and Chiefs have tested positive and the game is postponed.
They're discussing pushing the Playoffs out to mid-February so they reschedule lost games without screwing with the schedule as it now. That says that they don't think that this week's cancellations will be the last.

I think they'll have to consider cancelling the remainder of the season if they have to cancel more games.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL is beginning to think the season might have been a bad idea.

Now both Patriots and Chiefs have tested positive and the game is postponed.
They're discussing pushing the Playoffs out to mid-February so they reschedule lost games without screwing with the schedule as it now. That says that they don't think that this week's cancellations will be the last.

I think they'll have to consider cancelling the remainder of the season if they have to cancel more games.

I don't think this group of billionaires is capable of making a decision that will purposely cost them money.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL carried on and played games through WWII, Covid shouldn't stop them from playing either.