• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week #4 Patriots @ Chiefs

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be an interesting week as BB and Josh start preparing for the Super Bowl Champions Kansas City Chiefs.

Chiefs have a tough one tomorrow night (9/28) against the Baltimore Ravens. If they come out of that one unscathed then
the 4:25 PM start might help them. If not, it won't matter.

This game will set the pattern for the remainder of the year.

Pats will have two games in the division against the "undefeated" Bills, and also have the Raiders, 49ers and Texans to deal with.

Lets hope that everyone shows up ready to play football and not like today, ready to play foozball.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs 34 Pats 28

2-2

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats play a game for the ages. Damien Harris gets activated and the running game runs over the Chiefs. Pats 33 Chiefs 24.

Chiefs lose to the Ravens and the Pats and end up 2 - 2.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats play a game for the ages. Damien Harris gets activated and the running game runs over the Chiefs. Pats 33 Chiefs 24.

Chiefs lose to the Ravens and the Pats and end up 2 - 2.
Sharky, if the Pats win 33-24 then they will be 3-1

I think you meant that the Chiefs lose to the Raven and the Patriots and they will be 2-2.

Or did I miss the boat entirely??

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharky, if the Pats win 33-24 then they will be 3-1

I think you meant that the Chiefs lose to the Raven and the Patriots and they will be 2-2.

Or did I miss the boat entirely??

Ya, I was talking about the Chiefs. Pats will be 3 and 1. Chiefs will be 2 and 2.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, I was talking about the Chiefs. Pats will be 3 and 1. Chiefs will be 2 and 2.
I thought you were using math similar to the math that should be used for the Bengals and Eagles where both teams should be awarded a loss.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boy was I wrong. If the Chiefs play like that again on Sunday, yikes.

The Pats are gonna have to be able to throw downfield because the Chiefs are capable of scoring on every drive.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy was I wrong. If the Chiefs play like that again on Sunday, yikes.

The Pats are gonna have to be able to throw downfield because the Chiefs are capable of scoring on every drive.
Agreed, this is a scary team I love the Pats but I am a realist, and realistically I can't see us beating them. Outside hope is based on how well they played against Seattle.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, this is a scary team I love the Pats but I am a realist, and realistically I can't see us beating them. Outside hope is based on how well they played against Seattle.
Anyone expecting a win here has a bar set too high, but this team just might be built for upsets.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network saays that the rest of the season is a cakewalk for the Chiefs and 16 and 0 is not not unattainable.

Ravens played exactly the same way as they did against Tennessee in the playoff last year. They overplayed their own game.
I would say that they broke the Belichick Law: Do "YOUR" Job. I don't expect to see Travis Kelce standing by himself 23 yards out and three Patriots running around in a circle fifteen yards from him. I don't expect to see Patriot DBs playing ten yards away from Hill or anyone else allowing them to button hook and come back 10 yards unimpeded.

I won't predict a win, but I do think it will be closer than 34-20.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick said yesterday that he was surprised how bad the Ravens played. He didn't say outright
but he did say that the DBs appeared "confused" with all of the KC motion.

That said a hell of a lot more than the words. BB hinted that more than half of the KC motion was totally
to cause confusion. The one that he picked out was Mahomes jumped in the air and spun totally around and was facing downfield. Every DB froze and Hardman was cooking hot Dogs in the end zone and steaming buns for the TD celebration.

The rule for this week.....................................................Do your fuckin' job. Everything that KC does behind the line of scrimmage is a shitshow to cause confusion. If you ignore the fake motions and fake pumps of the football, the curtain reveals nothing more than a simple pass. If your doing your job it becomes a 50/50 for an INT or INC. That's going to be pumped all week and Hoyer will be Mahomes doing the exact plays that the Chiefs did.

I gave the Pats a 30/70 chance yesterday, but after listening to BB talk and knowing that he already looked at the KC game tape 10 times, I'm moving the odd up to 45/55

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick said yesterday that he was surprised how bad the Ravens played. He didn't say outright
but he did say that the DBs appeared "confused" with all of the KC motion.

That said a hell of a lot more than the words. BB hinted that more than half of the KC motion was totally
to cause confusion. The one that he picked out was Mahomes jumped in the air and spun totally around and was facing downfield. Every DB froze and Hardman was cooking hot Dogs in the end zone and steaming buns for the TD celebration.

The rule for this week.....................................................Do your fuckin' job. Everything that KC does behind the line of scrimmage is a shitshow to cause confusion. If you ignore the fake motions and fake pumps of the football, the curtain reveals nothing more than a simple pass. If your doing your job it becomes a 50/50 for an INT or INC. That's going to be pumped all week and Hoyer will be Mahomes doing the exact plays that the Chiefs did.

I gave the Pats a 30/70 chance yesterday, but after listening to BB talk and knowing that he already looked at the KC game tape 10 times, I'm moving the odd up to 45/55
Dead on in your analysis. I watched the game last night and Baltimore defense was stymied. Bad defensivegame plan and/or play recognition.
I'll say 50/50 odds!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead on in your analysis. I watched the game last night and Baltimore defense was stymied. Bad defensivegame plan and/or play recognition.
I'll say 50/50 odds!
IMO BB is going to take a good look at what the Chargers did against KC, they seemed to have a pretty damn solid game plan defensively even know they lost. This is not to say BB will adopt that but he may see things there that will help

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO BB is going to take a good look at what the Chargers did against KC, they seemed to have a pretty damn solid game plan defensively even know they lost. This is not to say BB will adopt that but he may see things there that will help
The two things will be to get pressure on Mahomes without blitzing and for coverage guys to stay on their 'guy' even if the ball doesn't look like its going that way because the Chiefs are going to take advantage of everyone eligible.

On the other end, the Chiefs have a ton of injuries on defense. No one has really been able to take advantage of it yet but if their is a coach who can do it its Bellichick.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two things will be to get pressure on Mahomes without blitzing and for coverage guys to stay on their 'guy' even if the ball doesn't look like its going that way because the Chiefs are going to take advantage of everyone eligible.

On the other end, the Chiefs have a ton of injuries on defense. No one has really been able to take advantage of it yet but if their is a coach who can do it its Bellichick.

I agree with coverage, not sure how good the KC right tackle is but Winovich will line up there and he has shown a lot in year two. That could be an interesting aspect of the game. Thing is with Patrick is do not over purse when scrambling be prepared to stand your ground take the right path he is so elusive that you have to play / pursue with great discipline.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with coverage, not sure how good the KC right tackle is but Winovich will line up there and he has shown a lot in year two. That could be an interesting aspect of the game. Thing is with Patrick is do not over purse when scrambling be prepared to stand your ground take the right path he is so elusive that you have to play / pursue with great discipline.
I think this is going to be a different matchup for KC than the other teams they've played. NE's weakpoint on their whole team, best I can tell, is their pass rush. NE also shows Mahomes something different in every game to catch him off guard. KC in general tries to figure out how teams are playing them and then they go off in the 2nd quarter. I expect NE to take away Kelce and Hill and make Mahomes win with passes to Watkins, Robinson, Hardman and CEH. I think those guys can do it more often than not but if someone is going to drop a key pass its going to be one of them.

Last edited:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the one play J Jones rushed against Seattle. Wilson gave his hip fake and Jones bit and unbit in a split second to which Wilson froze. You don't see Wilson freeze often and you also don't see him make moves often on someone equally athletically gifted.

Try a few plays with Jones playing linebacker with the rest of the front seven being stout.