• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 4: Monday night Mayhem in the Motor City. 5:15/8:15. ABC/TSN

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it really looked like he caught that. It should have been reviewed by the booth since it was a scoring play, but I think we all know that doesn't actually happen all of the time. They miss blatant stuff a few times a year. I have to think they just didn't take much of a look.

The 2 point attempt there appeared to be the coaching staff misunderstanding the analytics. Late in the game going for two when down 14 is the "correct" move if you look at pure numbers and data from thousands of NFL games and don't consider what is going on specifically in this game right now.

The strategy doesn't apply when you're down 14 with more than a quarter left to play in a game where neither defense was stopping anything.

The 2 point play wasn't a terrible decision. I think the fact that the defense was so poor was part of the reason to do it. It was unlikely that the Hawks would score 3 straight scores for the win. Our best chance was hoping we could catch up and beat them by a score.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 point play wasn't a terrible decision. I think the fact that the defense was so poor was part of the reason to do it. It was unlikely that the Hawks would score 3 straight scores for the win. Our best chance was hoping we could catch up and beat them by a score.
Yeah, not terrible but still odd and not really the proper application of that analytics play everybody always talks about.

But could be that they were just looking for an edge as you said and not even thinking about that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not terrible but still odd and not really the proper application of that analytics play everybody always talks about.

But could be that they were just looking for an edge as you said and not even thinking about that.

Yeah. That's the first time he went for 2, IIRC. So I don't think he's just living by the numbers. But I do think he has shown himself to be aggressive.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was clearly pressing because we were down 2 scores. All of his bad plays were late in the game, down by 2 scores. When they have no fear that you are going to run it makes passing a lot harder.

Yes I know this and good QB's in that situation dont throw INT's, they dont commit TO's. Thats the difference. For Geno its not uncommon for him to do these things ( TO/INT's )

Last edited: