• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 4 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a much needed win - A short week awaits the fins with a TNF matchup vs the Bengals on the road.

A better taste in their mouths following a hard-fought win. But still so much yet to correct. Truthfully, little positives to take from the win against the Browns. So, hopefully the Fins are quick to celebrate this one and move on to what they need to improve before next game and beyond.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo, a Win is a major positive to take from the game. It's better to win ugly then to lose pretty any day. We are seeing a pattern of more clutch play by THill and the offense this year. THill made some mistakes & he needs to work on that but he seems cooler under pressure then before. I think the improved Oline has a lot to do with that. Also, let's not forget that the team has needed to adjust to not having a very big part of the offense with A Foster not playing. I liked the speed that we saw from Ajayi on the TD run & I think Drake will keep getting better. Parker will be a star in the future. Landry played great.

I think Terrell Pryor is a special talent. He's going to give defenses a hard time all year.

The Fins' defense is due to have a good game. They were dominant in game 1 but have been sporadic. VJ knows the Bengals well. He coached there. I think he'll have the defense ready.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ass kicking the Bengals will give the Phins Thursday will be monumental.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Lion, I think you could look really silly if your bold prediction is wrong. Just curious, have you kept up with any of the Fins or Bengals games this year?

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Lion, I think you could look really silly if your bold prediction is wrong. Just curious, have you kept up with any of the Fins or Bengals games this year?

Yes both have grossly underachieved. The Bengals are a playoff caliber team though that has not adapted to their new offense yet. They definitely need a win to stay competitive. The Phins are a below 500 team agian. They spent a ton of money on a horrible QB and a DT (a position which has little effect on the outcome of a game) and were pretty much beaten soundly by the Browns (if they had a decent kicker).

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami is going to get embarrassed Thursday...it is what it is

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes both have grossly underachieved. The Bengals are a playoff caliber team though that has not adapted to their new offense yet. They definitely need a win to stay competitive. The Phins are a below 500 team agian. They spent a ton of money on a horrible QB and a DT (a position which has little effect on the outcome of a game) and were pretty much beaten soundly by the Browns (if they had a decent kicker).
DT's are routinely taken in the top ten of NFL drafts. If they have no value why is this the case?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have lost 2 games to teams that are Superbowl contenders. The games have been played on the road. There is no guarantee that they get dominated or even lose the game. It's funny Old Lion that you give the Bengals the excuse of learning a new offense. Did you hear that the Fins have some new coaches?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT's are routinely taken in the top ten of NFL drafts. If they have no value why is this the case?

I never said they dont have value. Just not anywhere near any of the key positions (QB, WR, CB, DE). Those positions can flip a game on a dime.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he doesn't think that Suh is a game changer yet with his career then there is no convincing him.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have lost 2 games to teams that are Superbowl contenders. The games have been played on the road. There is no guarantee that they get dominated or even lose the game. It's funny Old Lion that you give the Bengals the excuse of learning a new offense. Did you hear that the Fins have some new coaches?

Thats because the Bengals were 12-4 last year. Granted they lost some WRs too so a little dropoff is acceptable but not that much. Phins have not been above 500 in 8 years. Nothing much has changed here. Jarvis Landry and Suh are the only guys watchable on this team. I thought the new LB changes would help but it has not. Losing Lamar Miller was bigger than expected.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't think that Suh is a game changer yet with his career then there is no convincing him.

Suh teams have had losing records in 4 out of 6 years. And this year will make 5 out of 7.

So what did he change?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said they dont have value. Just not anywhere near any of the key positions (QB, WR, CB, DE). Those positions can flip a game on a dime.
How quickly they forget guys like wilfork once they are gone...killed us many times. When you can get a top player at his position in his prime it's never a bad move in FA.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spoken like a true ball watcher

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh teams have had losing records in 4 out of 6 years. And this year will make 5 out of 7.

So what did he change?[/QUOT

It's called a team game and he's been on poor teams. Either way he's made defenses better...

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How quickly they forget guys like wilfork once they are gone...killed us many times. When you can get a top player at his position in his prime it's never a bad move in FA.

It is if you grossly overpay. Lucky for you he has not dropped off so far although he had a slow first half of last season.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your defense is still a bottom feeder. Ranked last so far this year and was in the bottom 5 last year.

Last edited:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot more talent on the Fins than Landry & Suh. For example, the Fins have one of the best safeties in the league R Jones & an up and coming WR in Parker also they have an improved Oline that can really pass block. The Dline is very capable.
Belichick went 5-11 on his first year with the Pats. If you think there is enough history to judge Gase & VJ & the other coaches of the Fins then your are greatly mistaken. These guys had nothing to do with the last 8 years. It usually takes coaches a couple of years to get their system going.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot more talent on the Fins than Landry & Suh. For example, the Fins have one of the best safeties in the league R Jones & an up and coming WR in Parker also they have an improved Oline that can really pass block. The Dline is very capable.
Belichick went 5-11 on his first year with the Pats. If you think there is enough history to judge Gase & VJ & the other coaches of the Fins then your are greatly mistaken. These guys had nothing to do with the last 8 years. It usually takes coaches a couple of years to get their system going.

Agree with Jones. I forgot about him. He is one of the best in the league if not the best. I would take him off your hands in a second.

Dline is old though. They are still decent but if they were all 5 years younger, Look out!