• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3 updates

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has happened to lots of teams. This is why trading a 1st rounder for a guy like amari makes sense sometimes. Devin Smith could also be called a bust for where he was taken by the Jets although the injuries caused him to flame out there. Taco just seemed to not want to put in the effort. Maybe somebody signs him,but why would they?
In the past having a bust in the first round would have set this team back, but due to good drafting, Taco is not a great loss for the team. And you are right late first round pick busts are more common. I thought taco was a top 20 pick. My bad.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past having a bust in the first round would have set this team back, but due to good drafting, Taco is not a great loss for the team. And you are right late first round pick busts are more common. I thought taco was a top 20 pick. My bad.
You bring up a good point. Cowboys drafted Awuzie after Taco which lessens the sting. I honestly thought Awuzie would be taken in the 1st round though. It makes me sick to my stomach to see the Cowboys waste the talents of Jordan Lewis our 3rd round pick in that draft. In fact it pisses me off. Brown has been giving up a lot of 1st downs and missing tackles. I dont care about measurables like some do. It's about being able to play football at a high level. Jordan Lewis shoul be on the field and if not at corner then at FS. Lewis sure as hell tackles better than Brown or Heath

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read Taco had the shortest run of any first round pick in cowboy history.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep hearing a lot of talk about this being more a short term thing. Maybe not a high ankle?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins wanted Taco bad enough that they claimed him off waivers and assumed his $1.8M guarantee as well.

Thanks Miami!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Taco.
He not only has to go to the Dolphins, but he has to play under his Rookie contract to boot. No chance to make extra. I guess the good news is he will get to play. Dont know how anyone on defense can look good though, so this move might hurt him long term.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Taco.
He not only has to go to the Dolphins, but he has to play under his Rookie contract to boot. No chance to make extra. I guess the good news is he will get to play. Dont know how anyone on defense can look good though, so this move might hurt him long term.
When your team nickname is Soft Taco...

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah on Ramsey, I can't stand him either. Here's an interesting angle on that one. Let's say we trade for him (not if it costs two #1's of course) and use money we were going to give to Byron Jones to him and let Byron go after the year. I would not do it myself because I am a big fan of Jones and don't like loudmouths like Ramsey, but I think we could make it work if we wanted to and he is a superstar. If it cost a 1st and a 3rd we would get the 3rd back as a comp pick for Jones so it would only cost us a 1st.

I like JOnes more. He has done everything the coaches has asked of him and when he went to his position, he was about as good as you could get.

Ramsey is a douche and I don't want that on my team right now.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting Taco on potential and need and the club clearly did not follow draft board. No way was taco the BPA. I did expect him to at least become a starter though. I was shocked and disappointed when we took him over Watt. I never expected Watt to drop to us. Watt clearly was the better pass rusher and had the high motor.

Sometimes effort and desire trump height and long arms.

Hindsight about Watt/Taco. If we got Watt instead of Taco, we would not have LVE, and god damn I love LVE.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to think the defense is going to be motivated to play better on Sunday.. Quinn could be the answer for the lack of pass rush. Say what you want about Gregory, but he has been missed on the right side. Gregory gave the opposition fits with his speed and relentless effort. Quinn has always been damn good

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight about Watt/Taco. If we got Watt instead of Taco, we would not have LVE, and god damn I love LVE.
Yeah, there is that. I remember back in 83 when I wanted us to draft Marino in the worst way. If the cowboys had drafted him we would not have had the triplets.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's see what you got kid. hopefully strides have been made since preseason and he isn't on the ground half of the plays and pushed to the second level on the other half :hope: #freshstart