• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 18: Seahawks @ NFC East Champion Eagles

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am finding it more and more interesting how McCown came in a drive way back in week 2 and took what the D gave him and moved it down the field. Broadcasters said how he was a part of convincing Wentz this year to take the dump offs.

Yet, I feel he could have taken the dump offs more tonight. He had a few nice throws to TEs, but he was dancing too much trying to get people open and playing hero ball.

Has to be tough to come into your first playoff game like that, but it still was weird.

That's always going to be Wentz's problem. That's the type of player he is, for better or for worse.

That will only change somewhat with more experience, and for the coaching staff to continue to get the message through for him to trust his play-makers more, and take what the defense gives you in a situation.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am finding it more and more interesting how McCown came in a drive way back in week 2 and took what the D gave him and moved it down the field. Broadcasters said how he was a part of convincing Wentz this year to take the dump offs.

Yet, I feel he could have taken the dump offs more tonight. He had a few nice throws to TEs, but he was dancing too much trying to get people open and playing hero ball.

Has to be tough to come into your first playoff game like that, but it still was weird.

If I was the Eagles I would consider hiring McCown as the QB coach. He was a great influence with Wentz and I think he will help his game. You cannot dink and dunk yourself into a championship calber team though. I think McCown played his heart out today but he could not get it done when we needed it most. He got them in the red zone 3 times and once inside the 25 but we only had field goals of failed 4th down attempts.

There was also the problem of no one getting open today as we have dealt with all game. I would not say McCown was trying to play hero ball. No one was getting open. He went through his progressions quickly and when nothing was there he dumped it off. More than half his yards came off of 3 passes. The closer we got to the end zone the harder it was. Red zone offense is very hard because the back of the end zone serves as an extra defender and you can play closer to the line of scrimmage. With the lack of weapons we have McCown was not going to be able to get it done. That is what makes Wentz performance in the red zone this year so damn impressive.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait all fucking weekend and a thug kunt takes out the QB in the first 5 minutes.

I don't understand why we didn't take out Clowney's knees on the next drive. If Peters gets tossed Dillard goes in and we're fine.

Didn't even get goony on Russell Wilson. Every time he slid someone could have cracked him late. Send him to the hospital and even the game back up.

So disappointing.

E-nut, I love you crazy man. Wild man!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was the Eagles I would consider hiring McCown as the QB coach. He was a great influence with Wentz and I think he will help his game. You cannot dink and dunk yourself into a championship calber team though. I think McCown played his heart out today but he could not get it done when we needed it most. He got them in the red zone 3 times and once inside the 25 but we only had field goals of failed 4th down attempts.

There was also the problem of no one getting open today as we have dealt with all game. I would not say McCown was trying to play hero ball. No one was getting open. He went through his progressions quickly and when nothing was there he dumped it off. More than half his yards came off of 3 passes. The closer we got to the end zone the harder it was. Red zone offense is very hard because the back of the end zone serves as an extra defender and you can play closer to the line of scrimmage. With the lack of weapons we have McCown was not going to be able to get it done. That is what makes Wentz performance in the red zone this year so damn impressive.

I had the same thought about Josh becoming the QB coach, although I think they like Press Taylor, and the QB's do also.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's always going to be Wentz's problem. That's the type of player he is, for better or for worse.

That will only change somewhat with more experience, and for the coaching staff to continue to get the message through for him to trust his play-makers more, and take what the defense gives you in a situation.

Please don’t miss my point....I am not shitting on Wentz (for damn sure) or McCown. McCown did what he could do.

And Wentz showed by late in the year he isn’t too rigid to listen to good advice.

If anything I feel bad for McCown. He was thrust into a playoff game and had to hit the ground running. That’s not easy at all. And the only thing he truly missed was finding the end zone. I’m not going to shit on him for that.

It just came across as odd that even as he settled in he was still rattled. And still trying to look downfield perhaps more than I would have liked.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the idea on McCown as QB coach!

I do have a slightly different view on the receivers being open. I don’t think McCown had the chance to throw any of them open. He was very scatter footed out there at the slightest pressure. The Seahawks were covering well from the start of the game. But Wentz would have settled it down and started to make those plays where he was throwing them open. What we lost the most on Wentzs injury was a QB that was used to the game speed mentally.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the same thought about Josh becoming the QB coach, although I think they like Press Taylor, and the QB's do also.

That’s a really good point. I think the do like Press.

At the same time....if what Collinsworth mentioned is true I would have to question why it took the backup QB to convince Wentz to amend his game. Maybe it was Press using the tools he has in the QB room to help him, in which case he is a smart coach. Only the team knows. But I think McCown will make a fine coach, if he even wants to do that at the NFL level.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a play that the NFL needs to clean up. Way too often a player is clearly going down to the ground and player takes a cheap shot. It is not just Clowney it happens all over the NFL.
Yup. And obviously there perfect helmet to helmet target makes this one so much worse.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. And obviously there perfect helmet to helmet target makes this one so much worse.

And from a ref crew that flagged unsportsman like WAYYY more than any other crew this year. Just perplexing.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a play that the NFL needs to clean up. Way too often a player is clearly going down to the ground and player takes a cheap shot. It is not just Clowney it happens all over the NFL.
Not in Philadelphia. We help them up after they injure our players.

We cut the only player with the balls and mentality to hurt someone.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don’t miss my point....I am not shitting on Wentz (for damn sure) or McCown. McCown did what he could do.

And Wentz showed by late in the year he isn’t too rigid to listen to good advice.

If anything I feel bad for McCown. He was thrust into a playoff game and had to hit the ground running. That’s not easy at all. And the only thing he truly missed was finding the end zone. I’m not going to shit on him for that.

It just came across as odd that even as he settled in he was still rattled. And still trying to look downfield perhaps more than I would have liked.

I wasn't trying to be negative - just pragmatic. Wentz at his core will always be that guy who plays reckless at times. I have great respect for what McCown did yesterday, as I said in another post the odds were just too great to overcome - I feel terribly for Wentz... it was just really unfortunate because it was so encouraging to see the team rally around him towards the end of the season, only to see him go down the way he did.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blame your QB as well. He must have thought he was a Franco Harris reincarnate to run like that. Look at his competitor who runs more and is a sliding machine. RW shows how to avoid the hit that takes you down.
He was already a few inches from the ground when Clowney decided to spear him. Thus wasn't a bang bang play. Clowney wasn't involved in the tackle.

And now the league is officially reviewing the dirty hit.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was already a few inches from the ground when Clowney decided to spear him. Thus wasn't a bang bang play. Clowney wasn't involved in the tackle.

And now the league is officially reviewing the dirty hit.
I expect he will get fined. An NFL QB should be aware he taking his life in his hands when he turns into a runner.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect he will get fined. An NFL QB should be aware he taking his life in his hands when he turns into a runner.
That's fine and dandy but Clowney had nothing to do with that tackle. Everything he did, which was forceful and helmet to helmet, had nothing to do with the play. He was not motioning downward until Wentz was damn near flat on the ground. If Clowney threw him to the ground and he got a concussion it would be a completely different conversation.