• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 17: Steelers @ Seahawks Thread

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya youre right we should only take choir boys so we can get dominated physically.
jim halpert GIF

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i were looking for a guy to date my daughter youd be right. But im looking for mean mfers to murder the guy across from them

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was case in point as to why we should have taken jalen carter. Witherspoon is a nice player, but you dont build a team from the outside in.

The stealers absolutely dominated at the line of scrimmage on both sides
You are too obsessed with that one pick. We had lots of chances to get some beef. Both in the draft and FA. They chose not to

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weee just out muscled. Petes unwillingess to have big boys in the middle kills us
It surprises me because he knows the blueprint, he’s a defensive minded guy, I don’t get it …

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck has happened to Woolen? He wants no part of tackling again today. On that TD run by Harris where he drug half the team ,he wanted nothing to do with that pile.The tackling gets worse each week. Did Lockett play? No idea what this teams identity is.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are too obsessed with that one pick. We had lots of chances to get some beef. Both in the draft and FA. They chose not to
It sticks out like a sore thumb, winning teams dont make moves like that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sticks out like a sore thumb, winning teams dont make moves like that.

I completely disagree.

The Baltimore Ravens have selected all of 1 OL/DL in the last 13 years with their 1st pick.

It's not about one specific pick. It's about having a defense that can't hold the point of attack and hasn't for many years.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree.

The Baltimore Ravens have selected all of 1 OL/DL in the last 13 years with their 1st pick.

It's not about one specific pick. It's about having a defense that can't hold the point of attack and hasn't for many years.
We brought a stud in Jalen Williams over from the Giants, and our defense really didn’t change. I don’t think it matters what bodies we put in. The coaching staff and the scheme are the problem. Some of it’s the players as well. Not just one position. Digga , Wagner, Adam’s, Woolen haven’t played up to expectations this season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We brought a stud in Jalen Williams over from the Giants, and our defense really didn’t change. I don’t think it matters what bodies we put in. The coaching staff and the scheme are the problem. Some of it’s the players as well. Not just one position. Digga , Wagner, Adam’s, Woolen haven’t played up to expectations this season.

IMO, Williams is not a lane stuffing DT. Expecting him to do that isn't using him the right way. The 3-4, or whatever you want to call this defense, requires a monster at NT that clog up lanes.

Diggs is nowhere close to what he was 3 seasons ago. Wagner is probably going to retire after this season. I think Woolen has played well as a corner but is certainly a liability on run support. But if our defense is really that dependent on outside corners providing run support then we have a problem. Prime Time was ALWAYS a terrible run defender.

I do think we have some good pieces but a defense can't succeed with only half the pieces doing their job.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree.

1704074864728.png
they have spent 1sts on linemen twice in the past three years.

the last time they had a top 10 pick, at #6 they took a T.

you BUILD FROM THE INSIDE OUT, you do NOT build from the outside in. otherwise you get physically dominated like we did today.

its time for the entire front office and coaching staff to vacate and hand over the reigns to someone that isnt complete detached from reality. they have been at it for too long without a single wake up call.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's irony right there. The biggest hater talking about others hating.

I've called out Geno when he's the cause. He will never be anything more than a mid tier QB.

Out of all of the ways a QB can be responsible for a TO, holding it a fraction of a second too long while your line fails to secure your backside is the least worthy of blame. Even had he thrown a pick there, it's still a loss on the D, but a blindside slap fumble is what you hang your hat on as why they lost.

One of the worst takes of the year.

I didn't call out Geno, I said the Hawks would lose on a late turn over. I even avoided saying "Geno" in my prediction even though I knew it would be a Geno turnover. Lmao

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
In the battle of the overrated coaches who have been with their teams too long the W goes to Tomlin.

Carroll is going to keep his job and as a 9er fan I'm glad he will but he really shouldn't because the defense really shouldn't be consistently this bad for this number of years given his specialty is defense.

He's been given a pass for a while because he's presided over the highest point in the Seahawk's existence and the LOB era defense will go down as one of the tops of all-time but the team has been spinning it's wheels going nowhere since their last SB runs.

Honestly though I've seen bad tackling but man the tackling was just atrocious and it made it look like a bunch of pop warner kids were trying to tackle grown adults.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was case in point as to why we should have taken jalen carter. Witherspoon is a nice player, but you dont build a team from the outside in.

The stealers absolutely dominated at the line of scrimmage on both sides
Eagles got beat by the Cardinals today who put up 35 points on them. Carter contribution was 1 tackle for 1 yard. Cardinals ran for 221 yards which is more than the Steelers ran against the Seahawks. He's not a run stuffing DT.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles got beat by the Cardinals today who put up 35 points on them. Carter contribution was 1 tackle for 1 yard. Cardinals ran for 221 yards which is more than the Steelers ran against the Seahawks. He's not a run stuffing DT.

@Jikkle nailed it.. the post spoke for itself.

One DB or DT is not going to fix this defense or team.. it'll require a complete change at the coaching and possibly front office position.

Seattle isn't doing anything until Pete is gone. Likely, the team is not doing anything after a new head coach is there anyway. There's a ton of talent on this team, but the team wont move forward at all with Pete Carroll.. J. Allen never wanted this (I get it) but the longer she hangs on she's screwing over people that are fans.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't call out Geno, I said the Hawks would lose on a late turn over. I even avoided saying "Geno" in my prediction even though I knew it would be a Geno turnover. Lmao
The rest of us watched the whole game and you watched one play.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:behindsofa:...hi guys

Just wanted to say "good game", I'm honestly shocked Pittsburgh won.

Anyway, hope you all finish on a high note vs Arizona. Happy New Year to all the Seahawks fans on here