• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 17 @ Seattle

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry my bad.....got you mixed up with "Uhvsplit" or something like that. He comes here periodically from the Seahawk board. His avatar has the picture of a Corvette.

No biggy.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the day, I watched a buddy of mine from Philadelphia chew up and spit out those split window vettes, along with the 454 Chevelles...........with his nasty '68 428 Cobra Jet Mustang. Now that was SWEEEEEET. He used to wear this shirt that was a caricature of a Mustang eating up a Camaro. At the top it said "Chevrolet". At the bottom of the shirt it said, "Breakfast of Champions" Now that was gourmet dining!

My dream car has always been a 1970 Cuda....I'm a Mopar guy but that 68 Mustang sounds real nice. I had a 1968 Plymouth 440 Belvedere police special in high school. Only one car beat me...it was a 69 Boss 429.:gaah:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first car was supposed to be a 69 Roadrunner 383, but the guy backed out on the deal at the last minute. So I ended up with a ho-hum 1st car (79 Aspen), and instead ended up with a 67 Mustang (289 though) as my first nice car, despite growing up a Mopar fan.

I'm driving an 05 Hemi Magnum now after selling that Mustang a few years back (after about 18 years of ownership), what are you guys driving?

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dream car has always been a 1970 Cuda....I'm a Mopar guy but that 68 Mustang sounds real nice. I had a 1968 Plymouth 440 Belvedere police special in high school. Only one car beat me...it was a 69 Boss 429.:gaah:
Yeah, the BOSS engines were really nasty. Ford released the BOSS 429 from the factory de-tuned. Timing was retarded by two teeth, among other "insurance lowering" adjustments. But anybody that knew what they were doing could make the necessary changes to wake the sleeping giant. Thing was a monster when it was tuned correctly. I remember seeing a guy with a BOSS 429 in a racing boat that he blew everybody out of the water with (pun intended) :yahoo:

If I wasn't a Ford man, my next choice would be Mopar. Anything but General Mess junk. One of my favorite cars of all time was the 70 426 Hemi Cuda. That car was just dripping with intimidation.

Sounds like some of you guys were spoiled.....a 440 Belvedere police car??? You kidding me. You must have had a rich relative or something. I always had to live vicariously through my buddies cars. Of course one of my best friends Dads was a nuclear chemist and bought him anything he ever wanted. This guy actually had one of the original Ford 427 Thunderbolts. If you don't know what that is check it out online. Car's worth a fortune now. He used to race it down at Maple Grove and Atco. Used to really clean up in that car.

Right now I'm driving a Hyundai Elantra Shopson. Not my first choice but it's practical and I got the best deal on it. Things change dramatically when you get married and have kids. No more expensive toys like cars, motorcycles, etc. But honestly, I wouldn't trade what I have now for anything I had in my younger days.....

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to own a 67 Dodge Coronet 440 with a 383 back in my younger days.

My younger brother had a 66 Satellite, 4 speed 383 stroker with a posi rear that would really move. He had it painted plum crazy purple. That was a sweet car.

Ahh, the memories.

DjJroc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams gotta step it up. AZ beat Seattle up there last year time for the Rams to bust through this year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me Boss, I second-guess my Magnum every time I stop to fill up (and that's often lol).

I was brought up to be a Mopar lover. My father had many of the top Mopars in the late 60s and early 70s, including a hemi GTX and he used to race his 70 Cuda (if I had the funds, I would track down that car and restore it for him). Later on he had a 64 Sport Fury for a Sunday car, and then more recently a built 63 Belvedere with a 6 pack setup. It's tough to see him driving a compact now that he's retired.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me Boss, I second-guess my Magnum every time I stop to fill up (and that's often lol).

I was brought up to be a Mopar lover. My father had many of the top Mopars in the late 60s and early 70s, including a hemi GTX and he used to race his 70 Cuda (if I had the funds, I would track down that car and restore it for him). Later on he had a 64 Sport Fury for a Sunday car, and then more recently a built 63 Belvedere with a 6 pack setup. It's tough to see him driving a compact now that he's retired.

I used to have a 1984 Mustang GT that I had set up for performance more than ride or economy. It was a 5.0 litre 5 speed manual but still only got 12 MPG. After a while the gas expense was just too much for a toy and I sold it. Now I drive the puddle jumper. Takes a half an hour to get to 60, put it gets 35mpg. This is what happens when you get old and have to accept responsibilities. :lol:

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no chance in hell winning the 100,000 because I said to myself there's no way in hell we play AT Seattle again. Hopefully this pattern breaks next year because it's getting ridiculous.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the BOSS engines were really nasty. Ford released the BOSS 429 from the factory de-tuned. Timing was retarded by two teeth, among other "insurance lowering" adjustments. But anybody that knew what they were doing could make the necessary changes to wake the sleeping giant. Thing was a monster when it was tuned correctly. I remember seeing a guy with a BOSS 429 in a racing boat that he blew everybody out of the water with (pun intended) :yahoo:

If I wasn't a Ford man, my next choice would be Mopar. Anything but General Mess junk. One of my favorite cars of all time was the 70 426 Hemi Cuda. That car was just dripping with intimidation.

Sounds like some of you guys were spoiled.....a 440 Belvedere police car??? You kidding me. You must have had a rich relative or something. I always had to live vicariously through my buddies cars. Of course one of my best friends Dads was a nuclear chemist and bought him anything he ever wanted. This guy actually had one of the original Ford 427 Thunderbolts. If you don't know what that is check it out online. Car's worth a fortune now. He used to race it down at Maple Grove and Atco. Used to really clean up in that car.

Right now I'm driving a Hyundai Elantra Shopson. Not my first choice but it's practical and I got the best deal on it. Things change dramatically when you get married and have kids. No more expensive toys like cars, motorcycles, etc. But honestly, I wouldn't trade what I have now for anything I had in my younger days.....

I only paid $600 for that Belvedere in a police auction. I painted it and beefed up the tires with 60 series and cut the hood for a blower. She was the fastest $600 car in town.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking about cars or football here :rollseyes: