• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 17 Eagles @ Giants

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O.K. but I would want the Eagles to blow them out to show the rest of the league that they actually belong in the playoffs and that they will be a force to contend with.
Eagles 41
Giants 6

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat's and Geno's are tourist attractions. Not bad, but I always preferred Geno's.

My sons spent a day last month visiting some of the top rated cheesesteaks by native Philly guys (like me). The winner was: John's Roast Pork, Snyder Ave., followed by Ishkibble's, and I think Jim's, which are both on South St. You can't go wrong with any of them. Another, if you wanto to go to reading Terminal Market, has Dinick's, which has great Roast Pork, Brisket, and cheesesteaks. Dinicks won the Travel Channel's rating of the best sandwich in america, and it was the roast pork, I think, or was it the brisket?. Since you're in for several days, why not try them all, and get back to us which you liked best? If you go to the Reading Terminal, be sure to try their cheese cake, and a cannolli! Yummy!
Roast pork. Do not miss!

Reading Terminal is dope.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well E-Nut, there is a Dinicks in Montgomeryville, if yo don't like Reading terminal.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Iggs resigned Richard Rogers (Dick Rod). That....might not bode well for Ertz going this week.

I had a thought they were just going to lean TE heavy this week since they are thin at WR. But, they also brought a WR up from the PS. And not @old duke....they didn’t promote Mikel....which is odd.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I unfortunately interpret the Rodgers signing as a sign that Ertz won't play versus the Giants, but we shall see. I have had broken ribs and they can be very painful, but if the ribs are not displaced, he may be able to play through the pain with padding.

On a positive note, Rodgers has spent a lot of time with Philly the past few years, through all the training camps and whatnot, and has decent chemistry with Wentz, so hopefully he can come in and contribute.

On Mikel, I find it a little odd that he did not get promoted too, but I think they see him as a slot guy and Ward has gotten more and more of those reps. Ward looks like a keeper for us, like Boston Scott at RB, that's a positive that has emerged.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I unfortunately interpret the Rodgers signing as a sign that Ertz won't play versus the Giants, but we shall see. I have had broken ribs and they can be very painful, but if the ribs are not displaced, he may be able to play through the pain with padding.

On a positive note, Rodgers has spent a lot of time with Philly the past few years, through all the training camps and whatnot, and has decent chemistry with Wentz, so hopefully he can come in and contribute.

On Mikel, I find it a little odd that he did not get promoted too, but I think they see him as a slot guy and Ward has gotten more and more of those reps. Ward looks like a keeper for us, like Boston Scott at RB, that's a positive that has emerged.

Yeah. I fractured four ribs before. Non displaced like Ertz. It’s not a picnic the first week or so. For me there was DRAMATIC difference from the first week to the end of the second. Likely that is what they are thinking. If we can get it done this week without him there will be a much more important game the next week to get him prepped for.

A wild card game and a flak jacket and he will be good from a pain standpoint. Range of motion could still be tricky at that point. But he gets better rehab than I got lol

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I fractured four ribs before. Non displaced like Ertz. It’s not a picnic the first week or so. For me there was DRAMATIC difference from the first week to the end of the second. Likely that is what they are thinking. If we can get it done this week without him there will be a much more important game the next week to get him prepped for.

A wild card game and a flak jacket and he will be good from a pain standpoint. Range of motion could still be tricky at that point. But he gets better rehab than I got lol

On one other note....as fantastic as Wentz has been the last few weeks....that pass to Ertz was a god damn hospital pass from the time he went up for it. Have to lay those crossers out just right.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love a game without a lot of stress and nervousness. It would be nice to just sit back and enjoy - for once.
I'm fine keeping the team stressed out actually.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine keeping the team stressed out actually.

Agree, I think this team plays better with it's back against the wall. Starting with the coach ... seems when we lost Alshon and Agholor, this team went back to basics and it's paid off. 3rd year in a row that it's happened ... not sure why the heck it took so long to involve the Backs in the passing game for example? It's football 101 ... I guess better late than never.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the team needs to play with as much intensity for 4 quarters BUT I need to be able to just sit and watch a game without a lot of stress. It would be VERY nice to not have to constantly scream vulgarities at the TV set for 4 quarters. I would like to just sit back and enjoy a stress less game.(I can't say stress free because I know that that will never happen).

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, I think this team plays better with it's back against the wall. Starting with the coach ... seems when we lost Alshon and Agholor, this team went back to basics and it's paid off. 3rd year in a row that it's happened ... not sure why the heck it took so long to involve the Backs in the passing game for example? It's football 101 ... I guess better late than never.

Thinking about this lately too. Doug’s first year as coach they came out hot and then hit the skids. First year coach/rookie QB....that year is a toss out the way I’m thinking.

2017 was glorious. But there was one thing that year that applies to the next two....injuries. We just seemed to never struggle with them.

2018 and 2019 are almost mirror images at this point. In each year we came out and played up and down almost all year. The injuries impacted, same units struggled.....and in each tear the adjustments were slow in coming. Entirely possible that both years will be 9-7 records. In such a case 9-7 will get us in the playoffs each time. And possibly a playoff win each year. So.....success?

Not to compare Doug too much to the fat man (but let’s face it....I still do a lot, SB win or not) but these last two years feel a lot more like Reid teams in the years after the SB loss to the Patriots.

Flat and stumbling for at least the first half of the year. Married to a concept developed over an off season that is too complex to anticipate game day realities. Pompous and arrogant (IMO) in sticking with the game plan, insistent in being the smartest one in the room.

I’m happy with where we have climbed back to. It’s a lovely Christmas to have my team relevant and playing well. But I just struggle again this year to understand why they couldn’t adjust sooner again.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You hit it in the head: Jeffrey and Agholor were the problem, or part of.I think someway, Howie will get rid of Jeffrey. Aggy will just be a free agent.If we had a great WR coach, they could have been better.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hit it in the head: Jeffrey and Agholor were the problem, or part of.I think someway, Howie will get rid of Jeffrey. Aggy will just be a free agent.If we had a great WR coach, they could have been better.

I think you have a point in such that they spend the whole offseason working on how they will use guys. They come out with that plan and are too rigid when it’s not working just so, or injuries throw off the plan.

This feels clear to me as when they reach a critical mass of bad production (usually due to massive injuries) and have to put so many backups in they HAVE to make adjustments. And just like that the offense gets moving.

Nelly was horrid again this year. But he was also thrust into a role that has never suited him. He didn’t get many chances in the slot with someone else getting attention like 2017. That someone most of all is Alshon. Alshon looked this year like his legs have turned to cement. He’s always had issues with them and this was the fear for me when we took him. It seems a bum shoulder he can go all day. But one tweak to his legs and he is complete toast.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chatter around Ertz is interesting. Now, I just don’t think he plays this week. Nor should he.

But....this will be an interesting read on this shitty training staff. There will be lots of tests this week. I’m sure Ertz will push to go. But I just would not put him out there. And my faith in this training staff is such that I at least half think they could green light him.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that want some depth analysis on Sunday’s game.

8 things to watch when the Eagles play the Giants in Week 17

This highlighted some points for me....

Daniel Jones getting going could be scary. Like Eli in the second quarter of the last game, but more consistently. We will be crawling up to stop Saquon. The CBs are really going to be pressed on intermediate to deep.

Not having Darby and going with Douglas instead isn’t a drop off. It’s just bad replacing bad. Maybe Sidney will her mixed in and be effective.

How bad is Mills’ ankle?

On the plus....Slayton seems to be hobbled a bit too. But there are other receivers

I think the absolute key to this game is going to be us getting pressure on Jones on passing plays. Their Oline is a bit lumped up, so that will help. Jones fumbles, so that pressure could create a TO or two. And that could make the difference as long as they are getting the pressure home.

Maybe JS comes up with some exotic coverages that can confuse the rookie too. But the split on PPG given up by this D between home and away is scary.

I don’t think we have much concern on offense. Goedert might be able to go off again as the middle of the Giants D is dog shit.

Ultimately we could possibly handle a shoot out....but those become dicey propositions under the best of circumstances.

The best keys might be to get out on them early, minimize Barkley as much as possible, and get the pressure on Jones to create mistakes and turnovers.

If we do this I can see this score totally

Iggs 32
Giants 23

If those keys don’t happen we are going to need more than 32....and while we can do that, that is where things get scary.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It very well cold be a high scoring game. The key is Saquon.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our current injury situations ... every game is a toss up. We are still incredibly banged up at so many positions; we can win it "or" I can just as easily see the Giants running away with it at their place. Last week's game was an emotional win and it's very easy to have a let down game right after that even though it's pretty much a playoff game for us.