• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 17 Eagles @ Giants

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that everyone is still in 7th heaven over the Dallas win, as am I, but we might as well start the Giants talk.
Ronald Darby will not play this week. Apparently, Rasul Douglas and Sydney Jones will play more,
Zach Ertz is a question mark with his sore ribs.
Whether the other injured players return or not is still up in the air.
If you haven't heard, the game has been moved to 4:25 P.M. EST.
For now, the weather forecast is for some light rain, with temps in the 40's - but, of course, that can change.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game has me nervous as hell because the Giants offense is pretty healthy now. We have never faced Daniel Jones. My guess is the Eagles defense will play to stop the run game and make Jones beat them with his arm. No idea how this game will go?

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't blow the chance to sell playoff tickets at the linc!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game has me nervous as hell because the Giants offense is pretty healthy now. We have never faced Daniel Jones. My guess is the Eagles defense will play to stop the run game and make Jones beat them with his arm. No idea how this game will go?

I wonder if they can deploy the same crowd up and drop out defense they used yesterday. Honestly, a fully on Dak would have figured it out at some point yesterday. But could a rookie like Danny Dimes? It’s a good question.

Said it in the Cowboys thread....they looked rock solid against the Redskins (but t was the Redskins D). Still....I’m nervous with both Jones (and some solid receivers) and Barkley looking more healthy.
Their defense is still dog shit....so that should help our chances no matter what.

Hoping since Ertz came back he will be fine. Probably sore as a mother fucker today, but he’s tough and can turn it around.

Now if we could get Lane and Jordan back for this one....though I can’t complain about the Tackle play yesterday for the most part. And the backfield has found a rhythm.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is the whole idea that this thing can blow in their face against the Gmen, but then there is the whole nobody has won back to back division titles since 2004 so we got that going for us!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gang tackle Saquon, and pressure Jones, and I think we
ll be fine.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Howard will play. Jay Ajayi was cut.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles 31
Giants 24

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles 31
Giants 24
O.K. but I would want the Eagles to blow them out to show the rest of the league that they actually belong in the playoffs and that they will be a force to contend with.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that if the Eagles make it to the playoffs, they would play the loser of the S.F. - Seattle game on Sunday.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O.K. but I would want the Eagles to blow them out to show the rest of the league that they actually belong in the playoffs and that they will be a force to contend with.

I’m pretty sure @eaglesnut (and the rest of us) want to see this too.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that if the Eagles make it to the playoffs, they would play the loser of the S.F. - Seattle game on Sunday.

I think....at this point....I might rather have Seattle. They might have whomped us at home a few weeks ago but they seemed to have cooled. Then again....they might just be cooling the jets and ready to light it back up.

The 49ers are even more of a conundrum. I’ve seen them look like world beaters and I’ve seen them fall flat. Which version would we get?

Either would be a hell of a challenge!

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think....at this point....I might rather have Seattle. They might have whomped us at home a few weeks ago but they seemed to have cooled. Then again....they might just be cooling the jets and ready to light it back up.

The 49ers are even more of a conundrum. I’ve seen them look like world beaters and I’ve seen them fall flat. Which version would we get?

Either would be a hell of a challenge!
The Seahawks won 17-9 despite six eagles turnovers. That game does not make me think the eagles couldn't win the rematch.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this game against the Giants is any kind of gimmie'. They are healthy and putting up points ... Offensively I think they will give us problems and our Defense doesn't travel well. It was the pefect scenario for our D against Dallas this past weekend as Dak wasn't 100%, Garrett was clueless and their receivers dropped 6 passes. The good thing is that New York's D stinks and we seem to have found a groove on Offense with the current personnel ... so we should be able to match them if we get into a shootout. Carson Wentz is obviously the key and he's playing with confidence ... hopefully Lane Johnson is back this week. Jordan Howard will also be a help if we need a closer to run out clock late.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they play with the intensity that they had against Dallas for 4 quarters, avoid turnovers, and avoid penalties, they will beat the Giants.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks won 17-9 despite six eagles turnovers. That game does not make me think the eagles couldn't win the rematch.

oh yeah. Well said. I’m not remembering my games this year. Getting whipped and giving games away feel the same. Lol

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I got my optimism back, thanks to the cowgirls crashing.
I think we beat the midgets by something like 28 to 13.
I think we beat either the niners or hawks.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Eagles win this 24-20. Btw, any recommendation for the best cheesesteaks? I'll be traveling to Philly Thursday through the weekend. Staying in old city area. Get to see some family I have not seen quite some time. Last time my favorite was Tony Luke's. Any thing better? And Merry Christmas!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Eagles win this 24-20. Btw, any recommendation for the best cheesesteaks? I'll be traveling to Philly Thursday through the weekend. Staying in old city area. Get to see some family I have not seen quite some time. Last time my favorite was Tony Luke's. Any thing better? And Merry Christmas!
Pats Steakhouse is an old favorite. Located in South Philly.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat's and Geno's are tourist attractions. Not bad, but I always preferred Geno's.

My sons spent a day last month visiting some of the top rated cheesesteaks by native Philly guys (like me). The winner was: John's Roast Pork, Snyder Ave., followed by Ishkibble's, and I think Jim's, which are both on South St. You can't go wrong with any of them. Another, if you wanto to go to reading Terminal Market, has Dinick's, which has great Roast Pork, Brisket, and cheesesteaks. Dinicks won the Travel Channel's rating of the best sandwich in america, and it was the roast pork, I think, or was it the brisket?. Since you're in for several days, why not try them all, and get back to us which you liked best? If you go to the Reading Terminal, be sure to try their cheese cake, and a cannolli! Yummy!