• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 14 vs MIA

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh... at this point I'm thinking PIT will not be able to keep him...not w/o shedding Woodley, Troy or Taylor...I would let Taylor and Woodley go...give Troy one yr to work with the guys to close out his career...move him to FS and Thomas take over SS.

Yeah, it would be tough to get rid of all three. Hopefully they can realize some cap savings.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really see him getting that much? I suppose you are right about lack of OLB's on the market, just seems like a situation they keep repeating, Wallace, Lewis, and possibly Worilds and Sanders. They develop good to decent players, yet can't keep them for whatever reason, bad timing/outrageous demands.

I think so...Orapko (WAS) has 8.5 sacks, Worilds has 8, Calvin Pace (NYJ) has 8...those are your top 3 OLB available on FA market...Demand...outside of PIT probably 7 teams running the 3-4 DEF that need that guy on the outside.

Situation...it is repeating but think Colbert had to know they were going to lose players b/c they had so much invested in the older guys. I can't blame the players on their demands, they get 1 go around and that's it...you get off the ride forever...I thought Wallace was nuts asking for $50 mil and he got $60 mil.

I think we're nearing the end of it, but they will be right back cap hell resigning Ben.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it would be tough to get rid of all three. Hopefully they can realize some cap savings.

I'm thinking you bite the bullet, go ahead and send these old guys on their way and let the chips fall where they may...Keisel, Clark, Taylor, Foote...Troy as well.

If we're going to be bad on DEF, at least we can be young and bad...old and bad is ridiculous.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking you bite the bullet, go ahead and send these old guys on their way and let the chips fall where they may...Keisel, Clark, Taylor, Foote...Troy as well.

If we're going to be bad on DEF, at least we can be young and bad...old and bad is ridiculous.

Yeah, I'm on board with Keisel, Clark, Taylor, and Foote...Troy was the only one that had me wavering. Although I think a few of those guys are in their last year anyway.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so...Orapko (WAS) has 8.5 sacks, Worilds has 8, Calvin Pace (NYJ) has 8...those are your top 3 OLB available on FA market...Demand...outside of PIT probably 7 teams running the 3-4 DEF that need that guy on the outside.

Situation...it is repeating but think Colbert had to know they were going to lose players b/c they had so much invested in the older guys. I can't blame the players on their demands, they get 1 go around and that's it...you get off the ride forever...I thought Wallace was nuts asking for $50 mil and he got $60 mil.

I think we're nearing the end of it, but they will be right back cap hell resigning Ben.

Yeah, no problems guys asking for big money. I would have kept Wallace for 60 assuming he was going to be 2010-2011 Wallace, obviously not a guarantee.

I suppose in the cap era with a 20 million dollar QB, you have to pick 3-4 guys to sign long term, and just cycle through the rest of the roster with young guys. Hopefully the Steelers recognize that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm on board with Keisel, Clark, Taylor, and Foote...Troy was the only one that had me wavering. Although I think a few of those guys are in their last year anyway.

The Rooneys are nothing if not loyal...imo to fault, but how can you 2nd guess 6 titles. Steelers will ask Ike cut, and I'm hearing he will take less to stay his final yr...the market for a SS at Troy's age is about $3mil, they're probably going to offer him something in that range to stay, but he's not $10 mil player anymore. They would be forced to release him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no problems guys asking for big money. I would have kept Wallace for 60 assuming he was going to be 2010-2011 Wallace, obviously not a guarantee.

I suppose in the cap era with a 20 million dollar QB, you have to pick 3-4 guys to sign long term, and just cycle through the rest of the roster with young guys. Hopefully the Steelers recognize that.

Wallace...I thought the contract they offered him ($45mil+/-) was fair...but I did recognize the sort of unseen value that he has...I've been wanting a bigger WR for some time so it did bother me.

QB era...you nailed it...I've been saying to the SF and SEA fans...the window is closing faster than you think to win a SB...RW's cap hit is $681k....yes $681k this yr, $800k next yr...they won't be able to afford a Cliff Avil, Red Bryant + two WRs making $100 mil combined, and a TE making $34mil, both S combine for $47mil....lol

Yep, just wait until RW contract come due.