• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 14 vs MIA

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to let go of the aging dinosaurs... They show flashes of years past, but they just can't play week to week (or play to play) on a consistent basis.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to let go of the aging dinosaurs... They show flashes of years past, but they just can't play week to week (or play to play) on a consistent basis.

Time to flush the system...I think Kesiel is all but gone already, we know Foote is not coming back...doubtful for Clark. Boy it would hurt to lose both S, but keeping Ike & Troy I don't like.

It frustrates me to no end to see kids like Da'Rick Rogers go undrafted and now making plays for IND. At te same time Wheaton is barely seeing the field because a good older player (Cotchery) is a better option.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to flush the system...I think Kesiel is all but gone already, we know Foote is not coming back...doubtful for Clark. Boy it would hurt to lose both S, but keeping Ike & Troy I don't like.

It frustrates me to no end to see kids like Da'Rick Rogers go undrafted and now making plays for IND. At te same time Wheaton is barely seeing the field because a good older player (Cotchery) is a better option.

Yep.. But IMO that has a lot to do with Haley's system. If he can't develop better plays to utilize the talent, then that should fall on him. Wheaton is a talented kid, but Halye uses playcalling that centers around Brown. The other players are just safety valves at this point. And Wheaton hasn't established himself as a "safe" option, but that certainly isn't his fault.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.. But IMO that has a lot to do with Haley's system. If he can't develop better plays to utilize the talent, then that should fall on him. Wheaton is a talented kid, but Halye uses playcalling that centers around Brown. The other players are just safety valves at this point. And Wheaton hasn't established himself as a "safe" option, but that certainly isn't his fault.

Cotchery vs Wheaton on a 5 win team? From what I gathered, Wheaton was supposed to get a lot more work in the deep passing game, but they just never call it, if he's on the field at all.

Realistically, PIT could be a playoff team next year the way the NFL is these days, but imo they're 2 years away being a serious SB contender. Now that we're ALMOST officially eliminated, maybe we'll see more of Moye, Wheaton...give them more live bullets now.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cotchery vs Wheaton on a 5 win team? From what I gathered, Wheaton was supposed to get a lot more work in the deep passing game, but they just never call it, if he's on the field at all.

Realistically, PIT could be a playoff team next year the way the NFL is these days, but imo they're 2 years away being a serious SB contender. Now that we're ALMOST officially eliminated, maybe we'll see more of Moye, Wheaton...give them more live bullets now.

Can Haley continue to call the plays for one more week?! Please?!

:lol:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Haley continue to call the plays for one more week?! Please?!

:lol:

lol...Actually I might take Haley over Gruden, you guys should be blowing doors every week...but I have to admit, I was all for getting rid of Arians.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...Actually I might take Haley over Gruden, you guys should be blowing doors every week...but I have to admit, I was all for getting rid of Arians.

Gruden tends to have the exact same appraoch as Haley did this past week.

When the Bengals were running well, they got the ball back and went pass, pass, pass (pentalty accepted) draw on 3rd and 20.

Next series was pass, pass, pass...but after getting a 1st down, the runs started to balance out.

I think it was 35 runs and 35 passes...can't really complain, I guess, but at times I think Gruden has that trait that requires him to call on the QB position 40 times a game.

No reason Dalton should be in the top 5 of QB's in passing attempts. None. He's not that kind of a QB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden tends to have the exact same appraoch as Haley did this past week.

When the Bengals were running well, they got the ball back and went pass, pass, pass (pentalty accepted) draw on 3rd and 20.

Next series was pass, pass, pass...but after getting a 1st down, the runs started to balance out.

I think it was 35 runs and 35 passes...can't really complain, I guess, but at times I think Gruden has that trait that requires him to call on the QB position 40 times a game.

No reason Dalton should be in the top 5 of QB's in passing attempts. None. He's not that kind of a QB.

Yeah...OC is probably the most scrutinized job, after the HC & QB...truth be told Haley is not a bad OC. Just not sure if his style is a fit in PIT...they want a power running game, okay, finally get a decent RB, but they release the best running blocking G last year. Go figure.

What gets me more than anything is the personnel groupings...PIT has 2 young players with size at TE and WR...no, they're not studs by end means, but they can catch.

Combined they might have 5 RZ targets....a more creative OC calling the plays they would have 10 each by now.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do trust Cotchery a lot more than I trust Sanders.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the heck does Miami score 34 at Heinz Field in those conditions?

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't expecting a Super Bowl run but this season has been brutal.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the heck does Miami score 34 at Heinz Field in those conditions?

5cpg2.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do trust Cotchery a lot more than I trust Sanders.

Cotchery's play has been stellar...he's earned the looks he's getting...but he's kind of an expensive luxury on a team that really needs to be developing young guys. Wouldn't Andrew Luck kill for a Cotchery about now.

I understand you're trying to win every game, my point is at what point do you start developing the young guys you're going to have to rely on next year...Sanders won't be back. Worilds won't be back, but at least J. Jones is getting time on the field now and hopefully will be better next year. Wheaton will be like a rookie next year playing time wise.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cotchery's play has been stellar...he's earned the looks he's getting...but he's kind of an expensive luxury on a team that really needs to be developing young guys. Wouldn't Andrew Luck kill for a Cotchery about now.

I understand you're trying to win every game, my point is at what point do you start developing the young guys you're going to have to rely on next year...Sanders won't be back. Worilds won't be back, but at least J. Jones is getting time on the field now and hopefully will be better next year. Wheaton will be like a rookie next year playing time wise.

With the way Worilds is playing, I would much rather keep him than Woodley. Woodley is still struggling to stay healthy, and his production isn't anything special.

Wheaton will get better in the offseason. He has a great work ethic, so I'm not as worried about him not seeing as much playing time. He should be able to take over for Sanders.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know it's been half a season, but can't see completely giving up on Worlids. He's gonna end up having double digit sacks as a part time player. Wouldn't sign him long term, but a short term deal see if he keeps it up.

Agree about Sanders, he's not coming back, and has been terrible, would like to see Wheaton get some of his PT.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way Worilds is playing, I would much rather keep him than Woodley. Woodley is still struggling to stay healthy, and his production isn't anything special.

Wheaton will get better in the offseason. He has a great work ethic, so I'm not as worried about him not seeing as much playing time. He should be able to take over for Sanders.

Worilds...if I'm not mistaken will be unrestricted...yes, to be honest I would cut Woodley and resign Worilds but it's not going to be cheap...probably $40-$45 mil he's going to command on the open market after this season....only a handful of 3-4 OLBs FA will be available.

Wheaton...even if he's what you think he might be, I really don't want to go into next year with 2 smallish WRs plus Cotchery...they need to figure out a way to get more size outside or get a hybrid TE from the draft and Wheaton fits perfectly as the slot or even the #2.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's been half a season, but can't see completely giving up on Worlids. He's gonna end up having double digit sacks as a part time player. Wouldn't sign him long term, but a short term deal see if he keeps it up.

Agree about Sanders, he's not coming back, and has been terrible, would like to see Wheaton get some of his PT.

Oh... at this point I'm thinking PIT will not be able to keep him...not w/o shedding Woodley, Troy or Taylor...I would let Taylor and Woodley go...give Troy one yr to work with the guys to close out his career...move him to FS and Thomas take over SS.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worilds...if I'm not mistaken will be unrestricted...yes, to be honest I would cut Woodley and resign Worilds but it's not going to be cheap...probably $40-$45 mil he's going to command on the open market after this season....only a handful of 3-4 OLBs FA will be available.

Wheaton...even if he's what you think he might be, I really don't want to go into next year with 2 smallish WRs plus Cotchery...they need to figure out a way to get more size outside or get a hybrid TE from the draft and Wheaton fits perfectly as the slot or even the #2.

You really see him getting that much? I suppose you are right about lack of OLB's on the market, just seems like a situation they keep repeating, Wallace, Lewis, and possibly Worilds and Sanders. They develop good to decent players, yet can't keep them for whatever reason, bad timing/outrageous demands.