• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 13 vs LAC

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 5 more games left on the schedule.

The Steelers come in with a 7-3-1 record after losing in DEN last week in spite of churning out over 500 yds of OFC. The last 6 opponents imo have contributed to a big climb in the DEF ranking for the Steelers. Now comes the stiffest part of the schedule. This week, the 2nd of 3 straight AFCW games, the 8-3 LA Chargers come into PIT with some gaudy stats...both the OFC (7th) and DEF (4th) boast top 10 rankings.

Those are very impressive stats until see the opponents they have played...BUF, SF, OAK x2, CLE, etc. Not the most impressive list of Ws, but they are Ws nonetheless. The Chargers have long been known for Phillip Rivers, Antonio Gates and fill in the blank of OFC, but with many one exception the DEF has never quite been able to make the OFC work hold up until now. They have bookend DEs that can get after the QB in Bosa and Ingram...they do lose some interior girth with their DT Liuget going down.

Injury status...Tuitt (elbow) Watt (wrist), Gilbert (knee), McDonald (hip) are all questionable. The rookie OLB, Adeniyi has been allowed to practice now on his return from IR...his 3 week clock has officially started. Interesting nothing about Fieler but when I saw Pectoral I didn't think he would play last week. With Gilbert still looking week to week...the rookie Big Okra (Okorafor might get his second NFL start this week.

Outlook...I'm a big believer in the Chargers OFC because of Rivers, but his RB1, Melvin Gordon is not likely to play which might put more on River's plate than he needs facing a team with multiple pass rushers. This will be the 1st game in a while facing a QB capable of beating them via air...I'm very curious to see how much man and pressure they attempt in this game.

Although I do fear Bosa and Ingram on the edge and the young S Derwin James is playing really well on the back end....I'm not as impressed with this DEF going against the Steeler OFC at home. The two QBs that are playing at the level Ben is both went north of 30 against the Chargers. Going with the home team here after a bad loss on the road.

27-21 Steelers.

What say you?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone listen to TOmlins presser today. WHat a load of shit, ball security, excuses for coming out in shotgun on the goal line against a shitty run D.

Ben throwing AB under the bus and making excuses for his massive turnovers this season...........

made me have little confidence in things.
]@ATL96Steeler @FaCe-LeE-uS @Psych-Ward

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i looked at who've played and went oh shit we beat NO ONE. conner cant catch, isnt being used, and is fumbling. Ben is a pick machine..........
THe D is what it is
31-21 chargers

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone listen to TOmlins presser today. WHat a load of shit, ball security, excuses for coming out in shotgun on the goal line against a shitty run D.

Ben throwing AB under the bus and making excuses for his massive turnovers this season...........

made me have little confidence in things.
]@ATL96Steeler @FaCe-LeE-uS @Psych-Ward

Dude seriously?????

Tomlin is a douche.

Ben talking shit on anyone is difficult to believe.

As for your faith in our boys......refer to page one of the trolling thread on the Steelers and Jags.
Wasn't that crow dinner enough for you, or are you looking for seconds????

As unpredictable as this team maybe, never, NEVER, count them out.
And you're forgetting the most important thing as far as this teams MO....they play better being the underdog.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude seriously?????

Tomlin is a douche.

Ben talking shit on anyone is difficult to believe.

As for your faith in our boys......refer to page one of the trolling thread on the Steelers and Jags.
Wasn't that crow dinner enough for you, or are you looking for seconds????

As unpredictable as this team maybe, never, NEVER, count them out.
And you're forgetting the most important thing as far as this teams MO....they play better being the underdog.
Page one of the Jax thread I have one post
“Steelers roll 30-14?”

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't count our boys out.

Stranger things have happened. :suds:
oh i know. not so much counting them out bud. Think they lsot focus for a few weeks in all facets and need to get their asses back on track.........offense, D, coaching , all of it. Not having tuitt hurts badly. I jsut dont like the matchup with san diego, especially if bosa plays

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh i know. not so much counting them out bud. Think they lsot focus for a few weeks in all facets and need to get their asses back on track.........offense, D, coaching , all of it. Not having tuitt hurts badly. I jsut dont like the matchup with san diego, especially if bosa plays

I think they needed that loss to put a chip on their shoulder.....

They should get it together now.....:thumb:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SteelersPride ...man, you have to understand. These are Tomlin's Steelers, what that means is players will say dumb shit in the media, the team WILL lose a game or two when you think they shouldn't, they will probably lose to a BB coached team....but, as @Psych-Ward has said so well...you NEVER give up on them.

So...don't let the BS side show non important stuff (MT's pressers) get you frustrated.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SteelersPride ...man, you have to understand. These are Tomlin's Steelers, what that means is players will say dumb shit in the media, the team WILL lose a game or two when you think they shouldn't, they will probably lose to a BB coached team....but, as @Psych-Ward has said so well...you NEVER give up on them.

So...don't let the BS side show non important stuff (MT's pressers) get you frustrated.
WAit wait I never said I gave up . Hardly. I just think they have some duct tape on them. Which again is sometimes when they play their best. I’m not sure they’re ready for arrowhead and the chiefs in the afc title game yet,but there’s time to get there. I just don’t like the matchup this week with San Diego. I’m your die hard doom and gloom over reaction guy. I’ll admit that:-)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAit wait I never said I gave up . Hardly. I just think they have some duct tape on them. Which again is sometimes when they play their best. I’m not sure they’re ready for arrowhead and the chiefs in the afc title game yet,but there’s time to get there. I just don’t like the matchup this week with San Diego. I’m your die hard doom and gloom over reaction guy. I’ll admit that:-)

I knew it was frustration/overreaction more than giving up....lol

That's the mystique of this team...aside from BB who clearly has Tomlin's D figured out, he's done a pretty decent job against KC and I would rather go there than NE...even if they win week 15, getting out of Gillette with a W in JAN? IDK.

This week, I'm curious to see how the DEF plays both scheme and execution...they defended the home turf very well against the last good passer at Heinz Field, but they were in desperation mode then vs Matt Ryan and ATL....hopefully this loss to DEN will spurs some of those kind of feelings.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO it was justified, but not warranted...not in the media.

Obviously they didn't just throw this out there, they were likely responding to a question, but I'm not sure what is to be gained for magnifying it now. Hopefully the kid doesn't have thin skin...if he does, I don't see him lasting.

The smart thing to do now that they've broken him down (US Marine Corp style) is to give him some easy catches to build some confidence or they can write him off until next season.