• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 13 vs LAC

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury Update.

Tuitt is saying he's going to play Sunday...no change on Gilbert, but now Dupree has a pectoral injury...not good. With only 3 OLB on the active roster, I wonder if we'll see Adeniyi active for this game.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew it was frustration/overreaction more than giving up....lol

That's the mystique of this team...aside from BB who clearly has Tomlin's D figured out, he's done a pretty decent job against KC and I would rather go there than NE...even if they win week 15, getting out of Gillette with a W in JAN? IDK.

This week, I'm curious to see how the DEF plays both scheme and execution...they defended the home turf very well against the last good passer at Heinz Field, but they were in desperation mode then vs Matt Ryan and ATL....hopefully this loss to DEN will spurs some of those kind of feelings.
Your re spot on with the d. But I think Tuitt makes that big of a difference too

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your re spot on with the d. But I think Tuitt makes that big of a difference too

If Dupree can't go (pec) I would be tempted to kick Heyward outside and let him play 5 tech on rush downs and put Hargrave in there at DT with Tuitt.

But...What probably will happen is Chick's snapcount will go up and maybe Adeniyi gets a helmet.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dupree can't go (pec) I would be tempted to kick Heyward outside and let him play 5 tech on rush downs and put Hargrave in there at DT with Tuitt.

But...What probably will happen is Chick's snapcount will go up and maybe Adeniyi gets a helmet.
Think u nailed it with chick. No way they bump heyward out this is tomlin

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not Anthony Chick-Fil-A-------Pittsburgh Dad

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone here anything on Eli Rogers heard he’s practicing I’m actually happy as hell about that get him out there as the three

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone here anything on Eli Rogers heard he’s practicing I’m actually happy as hell about that get him out there as the three
Yep. He & Adeniyi are practicing. They have 3 weeks to decide which of the 2 they will need long term. I'm hoping its Rogers since they are struggling to get Washington going. Adeniyi could provide a boost in the pass rush department, but he's still a very raw product and I think he wouldn't do much outside of ST. Would be a waste to use the IR-recall designation on him if that's all they get out of him. What concerns me is that they are banged up at the OLB position (Dupree - Pec & Watt - ?). They may need Adeniyi more than they want him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... Please get Conner going. Tired of seeing him only get 13 carries. Don't know what the status is on McDonald but they will need him in this game. Charger's pass rush is the real deal. If Ben plans on holding onto the ball for longer than 3-4 seconds then expect bad things to happen. I hope Ben's criticisms were well received, or else we could be in for some drama.

Defense... LAC offense is red hot which is very concerning as this defense is reeling. Should see a lot of the 3 safety Dime package. Which I hope means less zone. Tuitt playing will provide a boost to the run defense. But LAC will be without Gordon so I think they'll put the ball in the air a lot more often. They'd be wise to utilize their scat backs. Pittsburgh has a real problem containing those type of runners. Hilton vs. Allen in the slot will be a fun matchup to watch.

Gotta start fast and get back on track. They cannot afford to falter in this game.

PIT 32 - LAC 24

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was just unreal. such a unique player. they play at baltimore where he timed the snap and jumped the whole line for a supermand diving sack i always will remember.........damnit i miss him
Truly, one of a kind!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... Please get Conner going. Tired of seeing him only get 13 carries. Don't know what the status is on McDonald but they will need him in this game. Charger's pass rush is the real deal. If Ben plans on holding onto the ball for longer than 3-4 seconds then expect bad things to happen. I hope Ben's criticisms were well received, or else we could be in for some drama.

Defense... LAC offense is red hot which is very concerning as this defense is reeling. Should see a lot of the 3 safety Dime package. Which I hope means less zone. Tuitt playing will provide a boost to the run defense. But LAC will be without Gordon so I think they'll put the ball in the air a lot more often. They'd be wise to utilize their scat backs. Pittsburgh has a real problem containing those type of runners. Hilton vs. Allen in the slot will be a fun matchup to watch.

Gotta start fast and get back on track. They cannot afford to falter in this game.

PIT 32 - LAC 24

Torn Pectoral Muscle Could Sideline Steelers OLB Bud Dupree Sunday Night - Steelers Depot

If this is a torn pec...I don't expect to see Dupree back this season...a strain, maybe out a game or two.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes. With only 3 OLBs on the roster they will need Adeniyi. Maybe Huguenin or Adams from the PS?

I'm kinda hoping they're calling a tear something less than what I'm used to hearing when it comes to the pectoral muscle. iirc, Feiler was taken off the injury list prior to the DEN game, but did not play...either they felt big Okra was doing okay or they didn't trust playing Feiler coming off his pec injury so soon.

Dupree is making it seem like it's 50/50 for him to play this week which leads me to think it's not long term....short term I expect Chick to get starter snaps this week and Adeniyi to be activated and get a helmet...might even see a few snaps on DEF.

Chick is not Dupree as an athlete, but as a OLB it's not a huge drop off imo, especially as a pass rusher.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda hoping they're calling a tear something less than what I'm used to hearing when it comes to the pectoral muscle. iirc, Feiler was taken off the injury list prior to the DEN game, but did not play...either they felt big Okra was doing okay or they didn't trust playing Feiler coming off his pec injury so soon.

Dupree is making it seem like it's 50/50 for him to play this week which leads me to think it's not long term....short term I expect Chick to get starter snaps this week and Adeniyi to be activated and get a helmet...might even see a few snaps on DEF.

Chick is not Dupree as an athlete, but as a OLB it's not a huge drop off imo, especially as a pass rusher.
Yep, Chick holds his own and some times looks better out there. He's stronger than both Watt & Dupree but not as quick obviously. His years as a DE at MIA taught him not to fear contact off the edge so he's a much more physical presence. Adeniyi appears to be in the same mold but more athletic. Would love to see him get some snaps.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last couple of games have been hard to watch. But it's late in the season and they can not win them all. However, the Steelers had better win tonight. They have to maintain positioning in the AFC playoff race. And they already got embarrassed at home on a Sunday night earlier this season. Now is the time to make a statement.

PIT 38
LAC 31

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers desperately need a statement win tonight. Their wins against the Panthers & Falcons don't looks so good anymore. Both of those teams look like frauds.

The teams that the Steelers have beat this season have a combined record of 35-48-1.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 yr anniversary of XLIII... They got the band back together

WITH TWO GLARING ABSENCEs... WHERE IS TROY & HINES????

And kudos to whomever cleaned up Jeff Reed and made him look presentable today.

:dhd:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Troy is there.