• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 13 @ BAL

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright...coming down the home stretch now and starting to circle back to the DIV teams. Maybe it’s the fan in me, but both teams @ full strength I think PIT is a slightly better team than BAL even with Pitta. I think they may get him back this week from the reports I’ve read. Overall they appear to be about as healthy as you can expect any team to be in week 13.

On our injuries…C. Brown is done for the yr, McLendon is out with the ankle, and Slyvester is a maybe at this point…That would be 2 be losses on STs if the latter can't go. On the positive, Shamarko Thomas, Woodley, & Kesiel are all noted as full participation @ practice on Monday so I think they will play. Woods looked very good last week in his place, and will likely get the start @ NT.

The 1st game was a very close, hard fought game and I expect this one to be as well. I’m not real fond of Beachum playing LT, but he seems to fare better vs the smaller quicker DEs instead of the studs like a Julius Peppers. I think he’ll hold his own against Suggs and or Dumervil…but I don’t like either of them matched up against Gilbert so we’ll have to see how he holds up…imo the last 3 games the center of the OL has been outmanned…the big boy from BUF really beat up on Valesco but he survived the game and we still won…if Ngata is 100%, that might happen again, but collectively the OL is starting to play well…not many mistakes in the no-huddle from them either.

I have not been impressed with the BAL OFC all year…if he plays, I hope Pitta doesn’t have some breakout type game coming back…bottomline…they know us, and we know them…the team that executes the best will come out on top.

I like the direction the Steelers have been going in since being blown out in NE…I think they’re playing better than at any point this season.

24-21 PIT for the series sweep…payback for ’11!!!

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good, thorough analysis, Atl. BTW, love that old pic that you use for an av. Reminds me of the Steelers of my misspent youth.

Last yr, we beat the birds in their house, with a backup QB who drank Geritol instead of Gatoraid. And this year's ratbirds team is NOT the one that won the SB. If our D holds together, I think our boys will win, by 3 to 7 pts. On the other hand, if our pass D goes soft, as it did in the second qtr against Detroit, the Birds will win. IMO, it all comes down to the D, especially against the short pass.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers got jobbed a little with short week road game after a road game (both against division opponents). Ravens need this a little more. Ravens pull it out at home with a score very similar to week 7.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers got jobbed a little with short week road game after a road game (both against division opponents). Ravens need this a little more. Ravens pull it out at home with a score very similar to week 7.

True, the familiarity helps in that regard actually...agree BAL really needs to tie up PIT in the h-t-h, the last 3 games are pretty wicked for BAL. Suggs has lit up PIT over the years...I think if the PIT Ts have a good day PIT will find a way.

The Ravens are desperate too, but they also have a fresh Lombardi trophy...we'll have to see how hungry they are to defend it vs a team scrapping and clawing just to get back to .500 and hopefully the playoffs.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good, thorough analysis, Atl. BTW, love that old pic that you use for an av. Reminds me of the Steelers of my misspent youth.

Last yr, we beat the birds in their house, with a backup QB who drank Geritol instead of Gatoraid. And this year's ratbirds team is NOT the one that won the SB. If our D holds together, I think our boys will win, by 3 to 7 pts. On the other hand, if our pass D goes soft, as it did in the second qtr against Detroit, the Birds will win. IMO, it all comes down to the D, especially against the short pass.

Thanks NCSF...lol...you and me both...not many Steeler fans under 45 or even remember the "other" Terry and Joe.

The game...I think LeBeau will keep Clark over the top on Torrey Smith, and I would not be surprised if they bring Troy or Thomas down in the box to handle Rice coming out in patterns b/c if Timmons is on him in space PIT will be in some trouble. A 100% Pitta would concern me more , but Timmons can run with Clark or Dickson.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitta back Ravens win. Baltimores D is coming around and the Oline for Pitt will provide many sack opportunities.

:nod:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitta back Ravens win. Baltimores D is coming around and the Oline for Pitt will provide many sack opportunities.

:nod:

You hope!!! Long time man...good to see you on this DB.

Pitta is a big lift if he's all the way back, but just judging by how Miller was in his 1st game back I don't think you should expect too much...if he gets more than 5 targets I will be surprised. If the Ravens DL controls the PIT OL (who have played much better lately), then you're probably right.

This is one team where I like the WR/CB matchups in PIT favor...I would not have thought that in a million years with Gay back there, but he's making plays...a more confident defender...the key is keeping Clark over top Smith.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Rice still injured? He's had a pretty terrible year, but had a good game against Chicago, albeit their defense is terrible this year.

IMO, first team to score wins. Guessing it's the Steeelers to score first, and winning 17-16.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Rice still injured? He's had a pretty terrible year, but had a good game against Chicago, albeit their defense is terrible this year.

IMO, first team to score wins. Guessing it's the Steeelers to score first, and winning 17-16.

Rice maybe gimpy but I don't think he's injured...still scares...more receiving than rushing actually...he's a big mismatch if Timmons is on him (he often takes the RB out of the backfield). Would be nice to see Thomas or Troy on him.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, good point, is Shamarko going to be back?

Is it possible to play Troy near the line, almost as a "spy" on Rice, although I hate that word, and leave Will Allen/Thomas back with Clark to play two deep shell? At least on nickel downs.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1463155_599803380079906_1092633971_n.jpg

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens Win! Great game.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U mean great game.couldve went either way... As long as Cincy doesn't rep the AFCN...we have had a ruff year same as u guys by I am not sure mentally if I can handle Cincy going into the playoffs alone as the AFCN champs... lol...

Anyway hope ur injured players get well..ur young rb is for real...

;)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recap

Oh well...I'll keep this one short and sweet.

Going into the season I think most Steeler fans would expect and be happy with a split with BAL pretty much year.

This was our chance for the sweep this year and the Steelers were not able to close the deal.

Disappointed in the result but not the effort...very solid job by the OL...DL held up okay, but the small stature of the WRs just keeps coming back to haunt Ben.

9-7 can still get in, but now we need a lot of help....bummer.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong team won it (at least in this thread), but it was a good game...worthy of the rivalry.

It shouldn't have even been close! I hope Tomlin is fined for standing in the way and impeding that KO run-back in the 2nd half! That "cheshire cat" smile proved he knew exactly what he had done! How incompetent was the official to be standing right there, being blocked as well on the side-line? Why wasn't a flag thrown and a touchdown awarded? I expected better from all concerned! Replays shouldn't even come into play with that obvious interference! :lame::wtf2: :gaah:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't have even been close! I hope Tomlin is fined for standing in the way and impeding that KO run-back in the 2nd half! That "cheshire cat" smile proved he knew exactly what he had done! How incompetent was the official to be standing right there, being blocked as well on the side-line? Why wasn't a flag thrown and a touchdown awarded? I expected better from all concerned! Replays shouldn't even come into play with that obvious interference! :lame::wtf2: :gaah:

Did you feel that way seeing the play live?

Probably not because 70,000+ people watched it in person and it was not an obvious enough play to draw a reaction until the replay was played.

I can't say 100% he would've or would not have scored, but clearly it was interference and should've been called, but my point is I think replay would've been needed.

DodgerLou80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The runner should have kept going at full speed and knocked Tomlin on his ass, the he would remember to stay on the other side of the white line. He knew exactly where he was. Who do you think would have gotten the worst of it had the runner knocked Tomlin on his ass.