• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 12, San Francisco Forty-Niners @ Los Angeles Rams, Sunday, 11/29/20, 1:05 PM PST

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a pretty darn good away game on MNF, the Rams come home to So-Fi Stadium to possible some fans on a short week. The Whiners are badly beat-up and have the most starters on IR of any NFL team. WE should continue with the momentum built since the embarrassment in Miami and we should come out of this game with another W. Should be a good game and we should not take these guys lightly as the Whiners have this knack of finding ways to beat us despite having a host of players injured.

Last edited:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Divisional match up. Strange shite happens. Rooting for y’all again. Love me some Donald and watching your D.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donald needs to get back on track. I know he is being double teamed at a ridiculous 68% of plays, but he has been pretty invisible the last couple weeks when it comes to making plays/sacks.

he is getting pressure, but the results haven’t been there.

Thankfully, for the first time since he was drafted, the D doesn’t go as he goes. He can have a game like last night, and other guys actually step up. It’s great to see finally.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is due to a number of significant reasons. ALR. One is, since the return of A-Rob to the line-up and paired with Brockers, that middle of the opponent's O-line they face (our D-line) is loaded with some serious road grading beef. There is nearly 650lbs between the two right in the middle and now our run D has improved because of it.

Two, we have a serious secondary amongst all of the studs back there which forces the QB into a "who-do-I-throw-to-now" mode because everyone is covered pretty consistently.

Three, we finally have some decent LBs in Kiser, Oko (when is not hurt) and on occasion Ebukam when he wants to play like last night. LB still remains a weakness on our D but right now, Staley has that covered.

Four. Our Edge guys like Floyd and Lewis and even Ebukam at times have really turned a weakness into strength. Floyd was playing lights-out against Seattle and Lewis is just a flat-out badass.

So finally, AD is not doing all the D work and because he gets double and triple-teamed at nearly a 70% clip per game, he can disappear some nights and it doesn't decrease our D's ability to shut-down offenses. He'll be back and when he does come back, it'll be in Beast mode.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is due to a number of significant reasons. ALR. One is, since the return of A-Rob to the line-up and paired with Brockers, that middle of the opponent's O-line they face (our D-line) is loaded with some serious road grading beef. There is nearly 650lbs between the two right in the middle and now our run D has improved because of it.

Two, we have a serious secondary amongst all of the studs back there which forces the QB into a "who-do-I-throw-to-now" mode because everyone is covered pretty consistently.

Three, we finally have some decent LBs in Kiser, Oko (when is not hurt) and on occasion Ebukam when he wants to play like last night. LB still remains a weakness on our D but right now, Staley has that covered.

Four. Our Edge guys like Floyd and Lewis and even Ebukam at times have really turned a weakness into strength. Floyd was playing lights-out against Seattle and Lewis is just a flat-out badass.

So finally, AD is not doing all the D work and because he gets double and triple-teamed at nearly a 70% clip per game, he can disappear some nights and it doesn't decrease our D's ability to shut-down offenses. He'll be back and when he does come back, it'll be in Beast mode.
One thing I'd like to see is more pressure generated by the front line. When Donald is getting doubled and tripled on just about every play, you'd figure someone would be able to get by and put pressure on the quarterback enough so that they'd take a man off of Donald.
Also, would like to see us be able to establish the run more. I know with Whitworth being hurt that it'll be much harder to do though. Being one dimensional on offense won't get you far in the playoffs.
Checking the rest of the schedule, if we win the games we should win (49ers, Pats and Jets), that should at minimum get us into the playoffs this year at 10-6. To win the division, I feel like we'll have to at worst, split with the Cardinals and beat Seattle again on top of winning the other three I mentioned to get us to 12-4.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payback time. The Rams need to get this filthy niner monkey off their back and take SF to the Woods and Kupp shed..... :heh:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhh, I sooooo agree Rambunctious. I am fed-up watching the Whiners come-in into a game and think this is the same, ole, lame-Rams they ran-over back when the Queen Idiot ran that dog and pony show and more recently, Kyle Shannihan believing he has something on his friend McVay.

I don't give a fat rat's butt if they are beat-up. I hope we annihilate the Whiners on Sunday and move onto the Cardinals the following week!!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished watching the Monday Night Game against the Buccaneers and it appears somebody on the offense staff understands or knows the Jumbo offense. Since we had less than 30 yards rushing in the first half, in the second half, the Rams lined-up with Akers alone in the backfield with a three-TE set which is essentially the Jumbo even though McVay's staff may not realize that but they snapped the ball and Akers had his biggest gain of 12 yards on a beautiful hole opened between Edwards and Noteboom. They then had a short pass play and then the third play in that sequence was another run play with Akers alone in the backfield with no Jumbo and he was stopped short of a first down with lost yardage.

Unless the Rams were trying to hide the fact they were running by using the Jumbo, why on earth did they try to run without the Jumbo as the Buccaneers are the number one D against the run and they held us to less than 30-yards in the first half? McVay immediately went back to passing and that began the stretch of 51 straight passes by McVay and Goff.

This is what so frustrates me about McVay or somebody on that offensive staff. You find something it works and immediately you go away from it and back to passing which is just nuts because it shows you McVay doesn't trust much of anything else except his passing offense and it makes you a one-trick pony.

Apparently McVay hasn't learned much about his experience with the 46 Defense dating back to the snooperbowl loss to the Patriots. Maybe as he gets older, he'll get it, but right now, we are stuck with his major tendency to go back to his blanky on offense which is his passing offense no matter what the game conditions are.

Unfortunate indeed.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donald needs to get back on track. I know he is being double teamed at a ridiculous 68% of plays, but he has been pretty invisible the last couple weeks when it comes to making plays/sacks.

he is getting pressure, but the results haven’t been there.

Thankfully, for the first time since he was drafted, the D doesn’t go as he goes. He can have a game like last night, and other guys actually step up. It’s great to see finally.
Monday night they said he gets double teamed more than anyone else, also threw up a stat about his TRIPLE teamed percentage? Other players need to step up big time when this happens and Donald will get less double/triple teamed? Nevermind!! I'm trying to catch up, read the other posts that said the same thing I said, after I read yours!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, that was some crappy D right there!!!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand some of these 3rd down playcalls :gaah:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the play by play. We have all three timeouts with a minute left and don’t even bother using them to try to get the ball back one more time?!?!?! It’s not like we can take them into the second half!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the play by play. We have all three timeouts with a minute left and don’t even bother using them to try to get the ball back one more time?!?!?! It’s not like we can take them into the second half!

What do you mean? A little less than 10:00 left in the 2nd quarter.