• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 12 @...DEN

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conner needs to get right. The only difference between him & Bell is ball security. And its a damn shame to see him struggle like this after blowing the lid off of the Bell situation. I still have a ton of confidence in him, but he needs to protect that damn ball!

Grimble... That was a flat out terrible fumble. Ignore the fact that it went out of the EZ for a touchback... He could have avoided that collision altogether. He had plenty of time to cut back inside. To me, that was him trying to pull a Vance McDonald and assert some authority. His ego wrote a check that his body couldn't cash.

Yea, they were both HUGE disappointing plays on both of them.
Grimble, idk why he's even in there other than to block......
Conner, you'd of thought after Cleveland he'd learn to hold the ball. That fumble was a serious WTF moment.
I think I started bitching at the tv before I removed the beer from my mouth....fucker cost me half a beer.

I think they needed this loss to put a chip on their shoulder, they're gonna need it these next few games.
And if guys don't stop trying to do too much, we could be in for more of this shit.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, they were both HUGE disappointing plays on both of them.
Grimble, idk why he's even in there other than to block......
Conner, you'd of thought after Cleveland he'd learn to hold the ball. That fumble was a serious WTF moment.
I think I started bitching at the tv before I removed the beer from my mouth....fucker cost me half a beer.

I think they needed this loss to put a chip on their shoulder, they're gonna need it these next few games.
And if guys don't stop trying to do too much, we could be in for more of this shit.
Grimble... Felt the same. I was cheering TD until I heard Romo say something like “he didn’t fumble the ball out did he?” I immediately sunk through the floor. MotherFUuUUuuUuu

He has been a nice ace in the hole so to speak. Mostly he is just a blocker or decoy, but occasionally you see them run him out in some sort of misdirection play like the one that got him open. Haley used to do it last year too. They use him so sporadically that it’s hard for defenses to pick that up on tape. Smart, but all for naught when he fumbles the golden opportunity away.

I sure hope that loss, in the humiliating fashion it was, does them some good. Typically they come out hair on fire after such gut punches. Fingers crossed!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grimble... Felt the same. I was cheering TD until I heard Romo say something like “he didn’t fumble the ball out did he?” I immediately sunk through the floor. MotherFUuUUuuUuu

He has been a nice ace in the hole so to speak. Mostly he is just a blocker or decoy, but occasionally you see them run him out in some sort of misdirection play like the one that got him open. Haley used to do it last year too. They use him so sporadically that it’s hard for defenses to pick that up on tape. Smart, but all for naught when he fumbles the golden opportunity away.

I sure hope that loss, in the humiliating fashion it was, does them some good. Typically they come out hair on fire after such gut punches. Fingers crossed!!!

So here's a question for ya........

Idk if you heard about the whole Switzer thing, but after reading it the day before the game then watching Ben try to force the ball to him way to many times.....I was beginning to get pissed off over that whole situation.
I mean the money is going to a good cause, but are you sure you want to put a win on the line with that bullshit!!!!

What are your thoughts???

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Idk if you heard about the whole Switzer thing, but after reading it the day before the game then watching Ben try to force the ball to him way to many times.....I was beginning to get pissed off over that whole situation.
I mean the money is going to a good cause, but are you sure you want to put a win on the line with that bullshit!!!!

I didn't feel like Ben was forcing him the ball, but maybe. Later in the game I saw them doubling AB & JuJu on the outside with the 2 high safeties so there really wasn't anywhere to go but to inside. Washington was abusing Ben's trust so his options were somewhat limited. It was a great plan by Denver. I can easily see defenses in the coming weeks doing the same. Steelers really need someone inside to step up and relieve that pressure off AB/JuJu.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read:

Paul Zeise: There was nothing 'fluky' about the Steelers' loss to Denver

My thoughts...

Mistake #1: Blocked FG. Most likely an illegal play, but somehow they get away with it. Still have to chalk it up to a blown assignment. 3 pts left on the field.

Mistake #2: Grimble fumble. Probably the most moronic of all the mistakes. Just pure selfish play by him. 10 pts left on the field.

Mistake #3: Ben's 1st INT. Gift-wrapped for Harris. Not Ben's fault though as AB was clearly hooked on the drag route which should have been DPI, but the thing that irks me the most was how AB gave up on the play like he was expecting a flag. Is AB losing his competitive edge? What gives? He used to fight tooth & nail for every ball. Ball was just past midfield and it was a 3rd down play. Worst case they would have punted, but if AB fights for that ball then they could have converted and kept the drive alive & possibly giving them another opportunity to put points on the board.

Mistake #4: Defensive collapse. Case Keenum only needed 2 plays to put that ball in the endzone after the INT. Yikes.

Mistake #5: THE FOLLOWING SERIES... Offense gets rolling until James Conner puts the ball on the turf on the doorstep of the RZ. Just brutal. Worst case they fizzle out and chip in a FG. 13 pts left on the field.

Mistake #6: Another defensive collapse. This time Keenum & Lindsay coordinate an 11-play "storm the field" type of drive that dissolved 80yds in a hurry. That TD would be the game winner.

Mistake #7: Ben's final INT inside the EZ, which would have won the game. Ben forced that ball to AB who wasn't even close to being open. Terrible decision. Just icing on the cake that it falls into the hands of a D-lineman that was blown off the ball. Harris would have gladly got it if he hadn't. 20 pts left on the field.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't think he was forcing it to Switzer either...most of the forced passes are typically to AB. Ben can easily stroke to a check to match Switzer's output if he wanted to boost the effort.

Which adds to the intrigue for week 15...I think the target to Grimble was great...poor sap just fucked it up. Hopefully it gives NE something else to think about because I'm already sensing they will man up and bracket both Juju and AB and say okay Ben, what else you got?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't feel like Ben was forcing him the ball, but maybe. Later in the game I saw them doubling AB & JuJu on the outside with the 2 high safeties so there really wasn't anywhere to go but to inside. Washington was abusing Ben's trust so his options were somewhat limited. It was a great plan by Denver. I can easily see defenses in the coming weeks doing the same. Steelers really need someone inside to step up and relieve that pressure off AB/JuJu.

Bank on it for week 15.

That was kind of the beauty of the game plan...for a while he was spreading it around and really looked like they were working back to the run until the game blew up in their face and Randy quickly went back to the air.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bank on it for week 15.

That was kind of the beauty of the game plan...for a while he was spreading it around and really looked like they were working back to the run until the game blew up in their face and Randy quickly went back to the air.
Understandable when playing from behind. But that last drive they had a bunch of golden opportunities to run the ball but didn't. Especially with that much time left on the clock. It looked as though the Steelers were going to score and give the ball back with over 1 minute left on the clock.